Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
54th District Volleyball Top 10 Players
Who will be the top 10 players in the 54th district in the 2006 season???
I think that Amber Tackett from South Floyd will be absolutely dominate in the 2006 season.
Hard for her to dominate the 54th when she plays in the 55th district.
I think that Johnson Central has some great hitters returning for next year's season. Katy King and Alyssa Johnson are both sophomores this year and Celena Conley is only a freshman. Magoffin County will have Amanda Gibson back, another good hitter.
"goldengirl" Wrote:I think that Johnson Central has some great hitters returning for next year's season. Katy King and Alyssa Johnson are both sophomores this year and Celena Conley is only a freshman. Magoffin County will have Amanda Gibson back, another good hitter.

Was Amanda the girl who had a knee injury this year? What's the girls name for Magoffin Co. #3 tall blonde hitter.
#3 of Magoffin County is LaKayla Johnson, a Junior this year, and may i add can REALLY put the ball away!
IT would be so much easier to keep up with these regions/districts etc... if all sports were the same. LOL!!
i think that there are many great players but i would have to say that KATIE COOK AND MEGAN CASTLE from south floyd r 2 of the best!
that could be true...BUT..South Floyd IS NOT in the 54th District.....
well they r still 2 of the best players!
i think that
breana bently #2 from eastridge
she is a very good player
south floyd is in the 54th district for volleyball, along with betsy layne, prestonsburg, & allen central.
the districts are set up different from basketball for volleyball.
hitters, blockers, and setters get due credit and i think that is great!!!! but what about the ds. got to have em to set up a play.
Volleyball isn't like basketball. It takes everyone on the court to have a well ran team. It takes a good first pass, then a good placed set and an outside or a middle hitter that wants to kill the ball. Without any one of these, the offense can't be ran properly. One position is no better than the others because it takes all of them. Betsy Layne, Allen Central and South Floyd are all capable of doing this. It will be interesting who does it the best at tournament time.
lovethatvolley Wrote:Volleyball isn't like basketball. It takes everyone on the court to have a well ran team. It takes a good first pass, then a good placed set and an outside or a middle hitter that wants to kill the ball. Without any one of these, the offense can't be ran properly. One position is no better than the others because it takes all of them. Betsy Layne, Allen Central and South Floyd are all capable of doing this. It will be interesting who does it the best at tournament time.
T

True, True, True and yes True:Thumbs::Thumbs:
Where is the District held this year? Will there be an all tournament team or an all conference team selected? There wasn't one at the all "A" classic? When will the brackets be out for the District Tournament?
this is a 2006 thread... y are we still using it lol