Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs. Ironton
Whats everybodys thoughts on this one.
this series hant been kind to the pirates with a 1-11 record against the tigers from ohio. belfry will have to really focus this week in practice after a subpar performance friday night. as for thier stats these teams are pretty even as of last weeks games with belfry having an edge in rushing yards 2185 vs. 1599 for ironton, ironton has the edge on passing however 390 yds vs. 189 for the pirates. belfry will have to control the clock and limit turnovers to come out of this one with the win.
I have the latest roster for the tigers: Big big line! but i think we can takem
Couple of dt's @ 280 pounds
We just don't matchup with this team IMO.... in order to win Belfry will have to utilize the intangibles and Ironton will be the one who makes the mistake.

Pirate Fans this is a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge game to let us know where we are and where we need to be. What we will see from Ironton is what we would see from Russell, Fort Campbell, or Trigg County. Teams bigger and stronger than us with equivalent or better team speed.
ironton also brings in a running back thats 5' 11" and 220lbs. he has around 700 yds coming into this one.
If belfry can make the wholes,We shall do dandy, But we might think about the shotgun lol JK
This is what i think=
Ironton--35
Belfry----21
ironton takes it to em

ironton 28
belfry 18
Ironton 35
Belfry 13
Ashland took Ironton to the wire in a great game. I expect Belfry to play just as well but fall just short.

Ironton 36
Belfry 30

Pulling for the Pirates. I hope they can pull this off. Its a tough game for them. But I think the scheduling of this game is perfect. This game will help Belfry as they prepare for thier push through the AA playoffs. Lets go Belfry bring the mountains hope the state trophy for 3rd straight time.
Ironton is not doin what they where known to do in the pass years with discipline execution. But I think lewis will carry the tigers.

ironton 44

belfry 37
tomcatnation Wrote:Ironton is not doin what they where known to do in the pass years with discipline execution. But I think lewis will carry the tigers.

ironton 44

belfry 37
I highly doubt this game will have over 60 combined points. Both teams are strictly power, running teams with quality run defenses.
orisonspi Wrote:I highly doubt this game will have over 60 combined points. Both teams are strictly power, running teams with quality run defenses.

Never know :Hammer3:
I hope that belfry brings it home, But I say Ironton wins in the second half.
I think Ironton will pull it out but good luck to Belfry
I'll be the odd man out and say that Belfry will end the series with a win.

Belfry - 34
Ironton - 31
BelfryPride Wrote:I'll be the odd man out and say that Belfry will end the series with a win.

Belfry - 34
Ironton - 31

welcome back BP, you aint the odd man out im sure theyre is other pirate faithful who feel we can pull it off.....we will just have to play ALOT better than we did this past week. its not out of the question though, it should be a close one.
Here's what some of the people in Ohio say about this game. Looks like Ironton has some kind of curse everytime they play on turf they lose.....Let's hope the curse continues !!!!!!:big grin:

The site is www.jjhuddle.com very nice site.

:link: http://www.jjhuddle.com/discus/messages/353109/368710.php
:Cheerlead I hope belfry can win this one it will be a tough game:Cheerlead
ElasticGirl Wrote::Cheerlead I hope belfry can win this one it will be a tough game:Cheerlead

I feel the same way.
I think Belfry will win in a close game.

Belfry-34
Ironton-28

Go PiratesTongueirateSku TongueirateSku TongueirateSku TongueirateSku TongueirateSho TongueirateSho TongueirateSho
My heart is pulling for the Pirates but I think the Tigers are too tough.
Ironton by 14.
orisonspi Wrote:We just don't matchup with this team IMO.... in order to win Belfry will have to utilize the intangibles and Ironton will be the one who makes the mistake.

Pirate Fans this is a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge game to let us know where we are and where we need to be. What we will see from Ironton is what we would see from Russell, Fort Campbell, or Trigg County. Teams bigger and stronger than us with equivalent or better team speed.
Belfry good luck you will have to play unbelievable to pull this one off.
I think the tigers will come away with the win. Belfry don't have the size and power to stop Ironton.

Ironton - 28
Belfry - 14
Good Luck Pirates, but I will have to go with Ironton in this one
Ironton 35
Belfry 21
i'm with BP.....................

Belfry-21
Ironton-20
Put 10 in the box....on D ! They dont air the ball very much,Team up to stop those big backs
Come on guys nuttin negative here lol
k