•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott Co. Central Coach for 09/10
So, Woods did NOT get the KCC job? Right?
Yes, Woods is the coach at KCC, unless the e-mail sent to us by Knott's super was a lie.
JMEWLS Wrote:Yes, Woods is the coach at KCC, unless the e-mail sent to us by Knott's super was a lie.

Wood is not the coach at KCC yet. He has been offered the job but for some reason he has not accepted the job at this point. Supposedly he is having some second thoughts to as if this is what he want to do. It is not that he doesnt want to come here but has alot of friends and family in the Wayne Co area and it is a difficult decision for him to make. He is supposed to let Kim know by Monday if he is going to come. If he decides not to come then Kim would go to the 2nd choice on the committee list.
kcc75 Wrote:Wood is not the coach at KCC yet. He has been offered the job but for some reason he has not accepted the job at this point. Supposedly he is having some second thoughts to as if this is what he want to do. It is not that he doesnt want to come here but has alot of friends and family in the Wayne Co area and it is a difficult decision for him to make. He is supposed to let Kim know by Monday if he is going to come. If he decides not to come then Kim would go to the 2nd choice on the committee list.

Committee.....hahaha.......committee of one.
She was taught by the best.
I heard that Rhett Gibson will be the coach. I also heard that he said he wouldn't take any money unless he took this team to state. Just a something a little bird told me.
boogieman Wrote:I heard that Rhett Gibson will be the coach. I also heard that he said he wouldn't take any money unless he took this team to state. Just a something a little bird told me.

Ive heard the last week or so that Gibson is the leader for the job. As MountainsportsGuru has been saying for the last couple of weeks it will be Gibson. Rhett would be a good choice. I just think they need to go ahead a hire someone and quit draging it on.
This coaching drama at Knott is reminiscent of the same hype about their new and improved sure-fire 14th region winner team of last year.... and we all know how that ended. Aside from the individual play of Cox....... underachievement. Wouldn't be surprised if it happened again. It's like they're scrambling to get a winning coach in place for this one last shot. It reeks of desperation. They probably should have stuck with Amburgey and told the mommies, daddies and political players to skedaddle to the stands.
I would have no problem with Rhett being coach but he was never considered past the first round of interviews. He is not being considered for the job.
House Wrote:This coaching drama at Knott is reminiscent of the same hype about their new and improved sure-fire 14th region winner team of last year.... and we all know how that ended. Aside from the individual play of Cox....... underachievement. Wouldn't be surprised if it happened again. It's like they're scrambling to get a winning coach in place for this one last shot. It reeks of desperation. They probably should have stuck with Amburgey and told the mommies, daddies and political players to skedaddle to the stands.

In most cases, the worst thing a coach can do is have a "Daddy" on the bench.
House Wrote:This coaching drama at Knott is reminiscent of the same hype about their new and improved sure-fire 14th region winner team of last year.... and we all know how that ended. Aside from the individual play of Cox....... underachievement. Wouldn't be surprised if it happened again. It's like they're scrambling to get a winning coach in place for this one last shot. It reeks of desperation. They probably should have stuck with Amburgey and told the mommies, daddies and political players to skedaddle to the stands.

Hard to do that when one of the daddies is the VP of the school and the AD.
Jeter_theman Wrote:Hard to do that when one of the daddies is the VP of the school and the AD.

Dude, Stuart is probably the best ball player on the team along with Cox. Also a top player in the region. His dad is not the AD..Obviously you have no idea what your talking about.
kcc75 Wrote:Wood is not the coach at KCC yet. He has been offered the job but for some reason he has not accepted the job at this point. Supposedly he is having some second thoughts to as if this is what he want to do. It is not that he doesnt want to come here but has alot of friends and family in the Wayne Co area and it is a difficult decision for him to make. He is supposed to let Kim know by Monday if he is going to come. If he decides not to come then Kim would go to the 2nd choice on the committee list.

Thanks for the info kcc75!! :Thumbs:
Someone let us know when KCC makes the decision!! Thanks
sorry. Rhett Gibson will not be the new coach................
Overrated Wrote:Dude, Stuart is probably the best ball player on the team along with Cox. Also a top player in the region. His dad is not the AD..Obviously you have no idea what your talking about.

According to the KHSAA site, Mr Stamper is the AD.
Knott has decided against any in county names. They are going out of the county due to some issues that couldn't be ironed out. The decision could come out this afternoon, as soon as they find out if the job has been accepted or not! Coach Wright from South Laurel has called and has showed some interest along with Coach Woods from Wayne.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Knott has decided against any in county names. They are going out of the county due to some issues that couldn't be ironed out. The decision could come out this afternoon, as soon as they find out if the job has been accepted or not! Coach Wright from South Laurel has called and has showed some interest along with Coach Woods from Wayne.

What could possibly be a reason to not go "In" county???
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Knott has decided against any in county names. They are going out of the county due to some issues that couldn't be ironed out. The decision could come out this afternoon, as soon as they find out if the job has been accepted or not! Coach Wright from South Laurel has called and has showed some interest along with Coach Woods from Wayne.

You must be crazy to think Coach Wright would leave South Laurel.
Never said he would leave South, especially with St. John still their. Just said that there was a phone call made and some talking going on. Trent might still have a shot at this one, but they will probably go with some experience in this one.
I just got word that Bob Hurley, Sr. has put his application in at Knott.

Just kidding, of course. I would like to hear some sort of resolution to this situation. I did hear, also, that there could be a decision this afternoon.
After they fill this job and the Letcher job, what in the world will we talk about here in the 14th region! Smile
Actually, Bobby Keith is coming out of retirement and taking the KCC job. He is, also, bringing Kevin Spurlock in as his assistant. Coach Keith will be opening a new clothing store in the Holly Hills Shopping Center.
Gary and Jim Stepp will be the new co-coaches at KCC. They are bringing Clint Stepp in to add some outside shooting. They are,also, going to petition the KHSAA to give Jon Howard one more year of eligibility and he will be coming over to finish out his 11th year of high school.
Overrated Wrote:Dude, Stuart is probably the best ball player on the team along with Cox. Also a top player in the region. His dad is not the AD..Obviously you have no idea what your talking about.
So... who's the AD now?
We know who the coach is. We just need to know who the assistant is.

Knott sports is a joke anymore. With the talent they have there, the Supe and the AD are turning it into a 3 ring circus.
Dave Fraley
Will Coach Keith's carry men's and womens clothes or just Clay memorablillia?
Jeter_theman Wrote:So... who's the AD now?

Im not even sure if their is one right now...But I Know for a fact that it isn't David Jeff Stamper. He was but not anymore. Can I ask you a question.. So if you was coaching KCC and Stuart was on your team, You wouldn't play him as much as he got played this past season?
Jeter_theman Wrote:Hard to do that when one of the daddies is the VP of the school and the AD.

I wasn't aware that David Stamper was on the bench this year. Jim Cox, Kevin Davis and the Conley man are the only ones that I thought helped with the team.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next