Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt '09 Predator or Prey
The freshman will still be playing football at breathitt.
how do you get this they are no longer freshmen. they are back in JR. high and play for the middle school team not varsity.
Predator and Prey
They will still be in the 9th grade and will be elgible to play football for Breathitt. What is so hard about that? They just will not be in the same building IF this happens at all.
Supposedly this is a way for them to drop down to class 2a and they are trying to get Holcomb to change his mind about possibly retiring after next season. This decision was supposedly made by supt. and certain school board members. I would have thought Breathitt would have tried to have kept Chapman, who was Holcomb's right-hand man, if this were the case though. Maybe Chapman didn't get along with supt....who knows what happened there? Coach Holcomb has Justin Haddix helping out and I know he was a very smart player and is great with the boys. Pretty big shoes for Haddix to fill in regards to Chapman....he was a very smart coach. I think it will hurt Breathitt with Chapman not being there. But, tradition speaks for itself & I'm sure Breathitt will prevail as usual.
ball4life Wrote:Supposedly this is a way for them to drop down to class 2a and they are trying to get Holcomb to change his mind about possibly retiring after next season. This decision was supposedly made by supt. and certain school board members. I would have thought Breathitt would have tried to have kept Chapman, who was Holcomb's right-hand man, if this were the case though. Maybe Chapman didn't get along with supt....who knows what happened there? Coach Holcomb has Justin Haddix helping out and I know he was a very smart player and is great with the boys. Pretty big shoes for Haddix to fill in regards to Chapman....he was a very smart coach. I think it will hurt Breathitt with Chapman not being there. But, tradition speaks for itself & I'm sure Breathitt will prevail as usual.

There have always been rumors about Holcomb retiring after the 2010 class graduates, i guess we will have to wait and see about that. As far as Chapman goes how could he ever get out of Holcomb's shadow at Breathitt? Chapman wants to go somewhere he can rebuild/build a program and take the credit for it.
I don't think Haddix is calling the defense, and I don't think Holcomb is retiring any time soon!
Predator
I for one am ready to get this season going, this is going to be a great year for the bobcats.
King Leonidas Wrote:I don't think Haddix is calling the defense, and I don't think Holcomb is retiring any time soon!

What makes you say that,he should be calling the defense,with his knowledge and having played 4 yrs of college football,and should be without question,but things always dont happen as they should,Good luck Bobcats you might need more than people think....
Csportsman11 Wrote:What makes you say that,he should be calling the defense,with his knowledge and having played 4 yrs of college football,and should be without question,but things always dont happen as they should,Good luck Bobcats you might need more than people think....

Haddix is a great coach. he just hasn't got enough coaching experience under his belt. Doug Back will be your defencive cordinater.
bhs all the way Wrote:Haddix is a great coach. he just hasn't got enough coaching experience under his belt. Doug Back will be your defencive cordinater.

Experience,what more does he need he has actually seen a defense before on college level for 4 yrs and its so much faster than at High School level,now that is the facts about it and he has helped many kids on his time off in summers and this team on defense/offense and workouts for a few years while in college and as an asst, Coach this year,so i beg to differ with you,but again Good Luck Bobcats..i really think they will need plenty luck to get as far as they did last year with way its looking to me.
Csportsman11 Wrote:Experience,what more does he need he has actually seen a defense before on college level for 4 yrs and its so much faster than at High School level,now that is the facts about it and he has helped many kids on his time off in summers and this team on defense/offense and workouts for a few years while in college and as an asst, Coach this year,so i beg to differ with you,but again Good Luck Bobcats..i really think they will need plenty luck to get as far as they did last year with way its looking to me.

Luck really? We have on of the best running backs in the state! Justin is one heck of a coach but he needs time to get his feet under him. Playing college ball helped him alot, but he still needs to learn how to coach and teach the kids what he sees.
Csportsman11 Wrote:Experience,what more does he need he has actually seen a defense before on college level for 4 yrs and its so much faster than at High School level,now that is the facts about it and he has helped many kids on his time off in summers and this team on defense/offense and workouts for a few years while in college and as an asst, Coach this year,so i beg to differ with you,but again Good Luck Bobcats..i really think they will need plenty luck to get as far as they did last year with way its looking to me.

You must be crazy to think we will not make it back to state again this coming year. We were not even supposed to make it last year, this was supposed to be the year we made our run for state.
We have the best chance to make it and it was a suprize last year making it, but in football sometimes you need alittle luck in these tight games and hope the breaks go your way. Breathitt will be fine on Defense and it doesn't matter who calls it, the players have to make the plays and we got some PLAYERS!!!
Breathitt wont have anyproblems trucking their way to state on the legs of channing and arm of jade. Breathitt was supposed to not even be a contender last year. This year is the year they are supposed to be good and they will live up to the hype.
Breathitt is no doubt taking it all the way this year.
Predator for sure!:1:
predator in reg season and prey in the playoffs
C.Clair Wrote:Luck really? We have on of the best running backs in the state! Justin is one heck of a coach but he needs time to get his feet under him. Playing college ball helped him alot, but he still needs to learn how to coach and teach the kids what he sees.
totally disagree with this, we are talking about high school football, and not a head coaching job but a coordinator,I watched him play at breathitt and I have been to 1-2 of his college games. He has the experience for that, because he knows the game, brought the d that breathitt runs from college to chapman to use and implement. and as far as I know he started 4 years as a college player. He has the experience he just don't have the yank! All this being said I have nothing to benefit from it either way, but thats how coaches prove themselves, by getting a shot!!!!!!
bhs all the way Wrote:Haddix is a great coach. he just hasn't got enough coaching experience under his belt. Doug Back will be your defencive cordinater.

Doug will be a good one, heard he was going to be BHS fishing coach as well....:1:
Way too much tradition to be prey. People don't realize in order to be a good defensive coordinator, the number 1 thing is understanding offenses. I know Haddix understands offense. You gotta' know offense to be good at running a defense. If you understand offenses, you know what your going to need to do to defend it.
Definitely PREDATOR
What record do you think they will have going into the playoffs. They play a very tough schedule with Mercer, Johnson Central, Perry Central, Hazard, Sheldon Clark, Estill, Powell, Magoffin, and Lexington Christian.
C.Clair Wrote:What record do you think they will have going into the playoffs. They play a very tough schedule with Mercer, Johnson Central, Perry Central, Hazard, Sheldon Clark, Estill, Powell, Magoffin, and Lexington Christian.

9-1 or 8-2. JC will be a tough cookie, Mercer and Breathitt should be a good game, Sheldon Clark will be tough but unless Breathitt overlooks them I don't think an upset will happen.
I think the teams that Breathitt plays in the regular season will prepare them fr a very deep playoff run. I can see them losing only one game to JC and that game will be one heck of a game.
i don't see them losing in regular season
I hope they dont lose a game but I think that the Johnson Central game could go either way.
Predator
Definatley
predator that will become prey...