Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Wall?
Does anyone know anything new on the point guard?
Don't expect an announcement anyime soon.

He is visiting Miami right now as we speak. He is expected to trim his list to three. I would be shocked if UK is not on his next cut... at the moment most recruiting gurus say UK is the leader, but alot can still happen.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Don't expect an announcement anyime soon.

He is visiting Miami right now as we speak. He is expected to trim his list to three. I would be shocked if UK is not on his next cut... at the moment most recruiting gurus say UK is the leader, but alot can still happen.

I believe he will be a Wildcat next year. Or at least I hope so.
I Hope He Goes To Uk
I heard Wall has already started trying on jerseys.
His name was mentioned on NBC sports along with a cast of others who may entertain two year european deals. Now that the High School Junior signed in europe, it appears many may consider the european route as their prep for the NBA versus college.
devilhorns05 Wrote:I heard Wall has already started trying on jerseys.

Wall looks great in Kentucky BLUE!
He could go to the NBA this year if he wanted, hes old enough I think?
Wall won't go to the NBA or play overseas. Everything is pointing towards him playing at Kentucky next year, and we can only hope so. Rumor has it that Patterson received a text message from Wall saying, "I'm coming".
blackcat Wrote:Wall won't go to the NBA or play overseas. Everything is pointing towards him playing at Kentucky next year, and we can only hope so. Rumor has it that Patterson received a text message from Wall saying, "I'm coming".

This would be great if it is true.
Smile great news.
John Wall says he will be trimming his list of teams later this week. He just got back from his visit to Miami (FL) and seemed to really enjoy that visit. His list currently consists of Kentucky, Miami (FL), Duke, NC State, Baylor, Florida, and Memphis.

I expect him to drop Baylor, Memphis, and possibly NC State this week.
Stardust Wrote:His name was mentioned on NBC sports along with a cast of others who may entertain two year european deals. Now that the High School Junior signed in europe, it appears many may consider the european route as their prep for the NBA versus college.
He will play at least one year in college..before his dad passed away he promised him he would go to school for at least a year.
gish_7 Wrote:He will play at least one year in college..before his dad passed away he promised him he would go to school for at least a year.

I heard about this. I sure hope he decides to be a Wildcat.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:John Wall says he will be trimming his list of teams later this week. He just got back from his visit to Miami (FL) and seemed to really enjoy that visit. His list currently consists of Kentucky, Miami (FL), Duke, NC State, Baylor, Florida, and Memphis.

I expect him to drop Baylor, Memphis, and possibly NC State this week.

I look for hi to drop Baylor, Memphis, and Miami....Nc state was at the top not long ago
How high is his intrest in Kentucky compared to UF and Duke?
As for what I have read, he really wasnt that thirilled with Coach K not being there when he went t Duke. UF is second, UK is the leader right now and I dont think that will change, he knows he can come in and win here and put his mark on a program, and when you make a mark at UK people notice.
Sounds good. Wink
I would love to see him in a wildcat jersey next season, I think he would be a great addition to the program.... and with our new roster (including wall) Coach Cal will definitely be able to get things done.
[quote=C.Clair]As for what I have read, he really wasnt that thirilled with Coach K not being there when he went t Duke. UF is second, UK is the leader right now and I dont think that will change, [COLOR="Red"]
:eyeroll: [/COLOR]
And is Duke and UNC not on his list and MEMPHIS?????
Wall isnt going to UNC, and Duke is pretty much out of the picture now.
C.Clair Wrote:Wall isnt going to UNC, and Duke is pretty much out of the picture now.

Where did you hear this from?
Anyone that keeps up with recruiting knows most of this, just from a collection of sites. I'm more worried about Miami right now, I mean it would be a year long vacation on South Beach for Wall if he went there.
For the record:

Kentucky, Florida, Duke, and Miami are the finalists. UNC and Baylor was cut.

He opnly stated that UK and UF have been recruiting him the hardest. Coach K really messed the bed missing his meeting with his book singing.
blackcat Wrote:Anyone that keeps up with recruiting knows most of this, just from a collection of sites. I'm more worried about Miami right now, I mean it would be a year long vacation on South Beach for Wall if he went there.

I agree. Miami is the real sleeper in all this recruiting insanity with the South Beach atmosphere that Wall seemed to really enjoy, according to a phone interview with Matt Jones.

I still feel Kentucky is the leader.
I hope UK is the leader. If Wall does end up picking the U, I cant blame him. The sun, girls and pretty much a vacation is very tempting. But from what I heave read is he is very high on UK, but the U and UF are pretty close behind. But I also read that Andy Katz would be shocked if Wall didnt come to UK.
When do you think he will make his decision?
Im hoping that Wall is going to make his college choice by the weekend of May 18th.
C.Clair Wrote:I hope UK is the leader. If Wall does end up picking the U, I cant blame him. The sun, girls and pretty much a vacation is very tempting. But from what I heave read is he is very high on UK, but the U and UF are pretty close behind. But I also read that Andy Katz would be shocked if Wall didnt come to UK.

Katz said that he "would be shocked if UK isn't high on Wall's list".
Im curious if Wall is a good student, anyone know?
If Wall goes to UK. Look out for the Wildcats in the NCAA Tournament.