Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RUMOR: Runyon heading to Pike Central?
coach Bill Mike Runyon is soon to be named head coach at PC...Whats your thoughts? Can he turn this program around in his 1st year coaching there, can he make them contenders next year?
Recznik Wrote:coach Bill Mike Runyon is soon to be named head coach at PC...Whats your thoughts? Can he turn this program around in his 1st year coaching there, can he make them contenders next year?

Who all comes back for the Hawks?
uhavenoidea Wrote:Who all comes back for the Hawks?

Hobo Mccoy guard, leader, good shooter. not sure if he'll be back though..
Cory Tackett 6'5 forward, shooter,rebounder
Justin Seal guard very fast, IMO top 2 in region at slashing to basket.EJ being 1
Cody Luster guard fast avg. shooter
Cody Martin about 6'2 rebounder
Cody Coleman 6'1 rebounder
[quote=Recznik]Hobo Mccoy guard, leader, good shooter. not sure if he'll be back though..
Cory Tackett 6'5 forward, shooter,rebounder
Justin Seal guard very fast, IMO top 2 in region at slashing to basket.EJ being 1
Cody Luster guard fast avg. shooter
Cody Martin about 6'2 rebounder
Cody Coleman 6'1 rebounder[/QUOTE/]

Looks rough for Central, especially if they lose McCoy.
What happened to Hatcher? Confusedhh: :lmao:
hard decision, but he had to do what was best for him, but him ending up at Pike Central almost happened, a decision closer than some uninformed people think or want to believe
Where has this guy coached?
If...Then Wrote:Where has this guy coached?

Paintsville for the past what 30 years? Coached JR Vanhoose, John Pelphrey, Landon Slone, just to name a few.
i see a rough year at PC again!
It would take more than 1 year to build this program back
I must be smokin somethin'!!!! I could almost swear this is a thread about BMR coaching at Pike Central!
The Guru Wrote:I must be smokin somethin'!!!! I could almost swear this is a thread about BMR coaching at Pike Central!

You are not dazed and confused......apparently a viable and very strong possibility......
The Program will continue, right now there is a real lack of talent at the school. Those people who say that the talent is there are the ones trying to "play". Look at all their sports programs. You have down years in talent. How many players are being recruited by colleges? That was one of the reasons Hatcher did not take the job. These "big" names want to win right now, not spend years working with Middle School Programs, Etc.

Really this whole scenario is a joke. If it wasn't for the possibilty of a much bigger paycheck WHY would these guys give it a thought to go to PCC.

Really the person who should be upset is Booher. The Talent is there at Valley, he was named coach of the year. Why not give him more pay??? Cushy Job??
Just a thought. Why? Because its about the "powers that be" micromanaging Pike Central right now and no one will stand-up against them.
Because he has talent he should not be awarded.All coaches should be me on the same level not because you have more talent.Anyone could have won the region with those boys.Sorry,I think that is wrong on both accounts.
Runyon Put An Application In For The Knott County Job
oldschool Wrote:The Program will continue, right now there is a real lack of talent at the school. Those people who say that the talent is there are the ones trying to "play". Look at all their sports programs. You have down years in talent. How many players are being recruited by colleges? That was one of the reasons Hatcher did not take the job. These "big" names want to win right now, not spend years working with Middle School Programs, Etc.

Really this whole scenario is a joke. If it wasn't for the possibilty of a much bigger paycheck WHY would these guys give it a thought to go to PCC.

Really the person who should be upset is Booher. The Talent is there at Valley, he was named coach of the year. Why not give him more pay??? Cushy Job??
Just a thought. Why? Because its about the "powers that be" micromanaging Pike Central right now and no one will stand-up against them.

How did Booher get his job again? Weren't there some "powers tha be" who assisted Rodney Rowe in stepping down and Booher taking over...so I don't think he will be casting any stones. As far as talent etc. at P.C. After this year and Shelby Valley's graduation the 15th will be weak from top to bottom so it won't take a great deal of talent to win it.
Recznik Wrote:Justin Seal guard very fast, IMO top 2 in region at slashing to basket.

Unless the kid changes his attitude he will spend alot of time on the bench. From what I've seen of him he is more worried about getting in a cheap shot than playing basketball.
Mike Runyon will be much better at Pike Central
go central.
cheertser10 Wrote:Mike Runyon will be much better at Pike Central
go central.
Would seem kind of odd to see him anywhere but Paintsville. It would feel like he made a "deal with the devil".
I will believe this when I see it. :popcorn:
Recznik Wrote:coach Bill Mike Runyon is soon to be named head coach at PC...Whats your thoughts? Can he turn this program around in his 1st year coaching there, can he make them contenders next year?

*LOL* this would have to be in BOLD headline print in the paper before I would believe this. :thatsfunn
Allie Katt Wrote:*LOL* this would have to be in BOLD headline print in the paper before I would believe this. :thatsfunn

Check next weeks edition
Salimander Wrote:Check next weeks edition

So, if it's not in there, we can collectively call you a fibber and assume you know nothing about the subject?
Is this for real? If so, home run hire for PC.
Aslan Wrote:What happened to Hatcher? Confusedhh: :lmao:

:thumpsup:
TheRealVille Wrote:So, if it's not in there, we can collectively call you a fibber and assume you know nothing about the subject?

I said check the paper, I didn't say he would be THE headline...Allie Cat said it would be in bold print before he/she believed it...If it's there next week then believe away if not then no worries..I never said he would get it...and I assure you I know quite a bit more than you think...it may happen or it may not but don't think for a minute that BMR deciding about the job over the weekend is not happening because it is.....he may stay retired or he may be the next coach....we will see next week..
Aslan Wrote::thumpsup:

:zzz:
Salimander Wrote::zzz:

:thumpsup:
Just don't see it happening.
:lmao:
Salimander Wrote::zzz:
I heard the coach from Clay Co. was rumored to be interviewed for this job, shortly after Hatcher declined.