Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell 2009
GreenupPlayer1976 Wrote:If i was Mcglone, the Qb position would go to Geringer hands down.

The kid never played for Russell.
GreenupPlayer1976 Wrote:If i was Mcglone, the Qb position would go to Geringer hands down.

drop the Geringer thing it is old and annoying, he does not need to be mentioned anymore
Returning starters

1) max roger 6-2 (145) saftey
2) zach smith 6-0 (210) tackle
3) spencer hutchinson 6-1 (200) nose guard, center
4) will rice 5-10 (165) line backer, full back
5) kamron smith 5-11 (210) guard, line backer
6) travis jones 6-1 (215) d-end, guard
7) steven stapleton 6-1 (185) linebacker

look for- jesse white, joel korzep, trenton perterman to step up big this year.
devil 10 Wrote:Returning starters

1) max roger 6-2 (145) saftey
2) zach smith 6-0 (210) tackle
3) spencer hutchinson 6-1 (200) nose guard, center
4) will rice 5-10 (165) line backer, full back
5) kamron smith 5-11 (210) guard, line backer
6) travis jones 6-1 (215) d-end, guard
7) steven stapleton 6-1 (185) linebacker

look for- jesse white, joel korzep, trenton perterman to step up big this year.
I would add Travis Edwards to that lis of players that will step up. He very strong and athletic.
Agreed
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
are any of these guys running track I know this can help them greatly.
travis edwards has potential but he isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed
Spring Practice 2009
1st Team

Offense:
C-Massie
LG-K. Smith
RG-Hutchinson
LT-Z. Smith
RT-Peterman
TE-DeHoff
Split-Rogers
QB-Sparks
RB-White
RB-Jones
FB-Rice

Defense:
N-Hutchinson
DT-Z. Smith
DT-Peterman
DE-Stapleton
DE-Jones
LB-Rice
LB-K. Smith
SS-Sparks
FS-Rogers
Laser-Bates
Rocket-White
Sparks will not stay at the strong safety. That spot is almost like a linebacker in Morriss' defense and he is way to small to be put there. I look for L. Dehoff to take that spot as well as the QB position. Also I doubt Bates will stay at the corner. Look for Cooper to take that spot.
I'd say joel korzep will be starting on Defense somewhere.
Yea JOEL K. I see him with playing time this year !!!!
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
11 senior starters on defence and 10 on offence.
I can see as many as 3 soph. starting before the season is over. Justin Davidson will be a man before his career is over look for him to see a lot of action.
Ashland already has a qb don't they ?
BBB Wrote:I can see as many as 3 soph. starting before the season is over. Justin Davidson will be a man before his career is over look for him to see a lot of action.

Justing needs to pick his speed up IMO.
charliez Wrote:Ashland already has a qb don't they ?

Yes Sam Hunter I believe but I think Sparks for Russell is just as good and the other kid cant think of his name has a strong arm as well.
I thinkt that alot of eyes will be stunned this year at the offense.
Stunned good or bad devilogoist?
Could only mean one way -good!
Nobody knows who will be starting until august but i will say this. Sparks has much more experience at the qb position then dehoff does. i see dehoff contributing for the next two years after that but as far as im concerned, sparks is our guy. hutchinson,smith,and k smith will have to be leaders out there on the offensive line which has not been russell's strong point in the past. I think that if someone can step up and be a leader out on the field, were gonna have a pretty successful season!!!

GO DEVILS!!!:devilflam
Good Luck In 09
so what do you all think the overall record will be for Russell im gonna take a guess at 8-2
devil_guy_316 Wrote:so what do you all think the overall record will be for Russell im gonna take a guess at 8-2
I say 7-3 but I hope your right.
me two it depends on if russell can find the right guy for the qb job and if we can have leaders on the field
This bunch of kids are tighter than last years group. Big class with numbers. Agree I wish we had size but they make it up with heart. Remember speed kills. And this bunch is stronge over all. Agree the QB will be a struggle for some, but Dehoff will end up with the nod. Don't be surprised to see some different line ups on offense this year. This is a tight senior class and they have the talent and many has gotten quite a bit of playing time.
Look for some sophs to step up and have significant playing time on defense. The soph class is very strong and they like to hit. This years team I believe will suprise some. If they put the right kids in the right spot and get the favortisime out of the way and focus on "TEAM". And the kids accept there role that will make the team the best it can be. Wear that Maroon & Gold jersey with PRIDE. And leave it all on the field every Friday night. :devilflam :devilflam
i belive that we do have that qb, Brandon Sparks has shown great potential and also Logan Dehoff is something to look forward to in a couple of years, things are only looking up for russelll:redboxer:
I like Sparks. He is a good kid and will do a good job I believe.
good luck this year russell
6-4 regular season...
they might play east ridge in the opening game of the playoffs