Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell Co. 2009
I think they will win at least 5 games.
Powell will win 8 games minimum!
P.C.Defense Wrote:Powell will win 8 games minimum!

Something has to give! I have read on here that Allen Central, Gerrard Co., Powell Co., Somerset, Taylor Co. and Wayne Co. have all said they are looking for a 8-2, 7-3 records.
1 Jackson co. W
2 Morgan co. W
3 Casey co. W
4 Lewis co. W
5 McCreary Cent. W
6 Mad. Southern W
7 Magoffin co. W
8 West Carter W
9 Estill ????
10 Breathitt co.
Powell will win 8 games, mabey 9 and could HOST a playoff game and win it this season. Powell returns all their leading tacklers on defense and also 8 starters. Powell also returns their leading rusher in Jesse Rose(JR.) who has rushed for over 1000 yards his fresh. and soph. seasons. Powell returns 8 3 year starters. Way too much back for this team to win 3 or 4 games. Jesse Rose, Tyler Brewer, Chase Tipton, Quinton Vancleve, John Flinchum, Steven Faulkner, Kevin Wasson, Tim Hardy, all started last year on a 6-5 team that should have won a playoff game last year but lost in the final 17 seconds on a Taylor co. halfback pass.
P.C.Defense Wrote:1 Jackson co. W
2 Morgan co. W
3 Casey co. W
4 Lewis co. W
5 McCreary Cent. W
6 Mad. Southern W
7 Magoffin co. W
8 West Carter W
9 Estill ????
10 Breathitt co.
Powell will win 8 games, mabey 9 and could HOST a playoff game and win it this season. Powell returns all their leading tacklers on defense and also 8 starters. Powell also returns their leading rusher in Jesse Rose(JR.) who has rushed for over 1000 yards his fresh. and soph. seasons. Powell returns 8 3 year starters. Way too much back for this team to win 3 or 4 games. Jesse Rose, Tyler Brewer, Chase Tipton, Quinton Vancleve, John Flinchum, Steven Faulkner, Kevin Wasson, Tim Hardy, all started last year on a 6-5 team that should have won a playoff game last year but lost in the final 17 seconds on a Taylor co. halfback pass.

I would have to agree with most of those. That's a incrediablely weak schedule!
Jesse Rose, Kevin Wasson, Steve Faulkner, Tyler Brewer, John Flinchum, Powell returns 5 out of 6 of their leading tacklers from last season on defense.
Part-time starter Frankie Spencer will be a soph. and the J.V. team went 8-2 last season.
Trenches07 Wrote:Something has to give! I have read on here that Allen Central, Gerrard Co., Powell Co., Somerset, Taylor Co. and Wayne Co. have all said they are looking for a 8-2, 7-3 records.
We have the capability to win 7 or 8 games. Problem is, we can't just show up. We have to play our butts off. We have 3 or 4 that could go either way. I wont make predictions to win the 7 or 8 but have the talent to. I just hope to keep up the winning seasons. Nothing brings out more players like winning. We are not established yet. If we would have had this coaching staff 10 years ago, we would already be looked at differently. Right now, I feel we are a contender to make a lot of noise in the district & "could" win 2 games in the playoffs. We still have a lot of work to do. All of this is bullcrap if the kids don't get on board with what the coaches are coaching. They have to buy in 110%. We can't get out there and play for them. If we could, we would go 10 - 0 ...LOL What about that P.C. Defense? How do you think we would fair? What positions would we play? I know Coach W would be our QB. What about the rest of us?TongueirateSho
Trenches07 Wrote:I would have to agree with most of those. That's a incrediablely weak schedule!

Sad thing is in the past these teams beat Powell. We went 6-5 last season with a soph. dominated team. You must first learn to crawl before you walk. One doesn't walk into walking. We were competetive in every game last season except for Breathitt and Estill. TongueirateSho
blitz43 Wrote:We have the capability to win 7 or 8 games. Problem is, we can't just show up. We have to play our butts off. We have 3 or 4 that could go either way. I wont make predictions to win the 7 or 8 but have the talent to. I just hope to keep up the winning seasons. Nothing brings out more players like winning. We are not established yet. If we would have had this coaching staff 10 years ago, we would already be looked at differently. Right now, I feel we are a contender to make a lot of noise in the district & "could" win 2 games in the playoffs. We still have a lot of work to do. All of this is bullcrap if the kids don't get on board with what the coaches are coaching. They have to buy in 110%. We can't get out there and play for them. If we could, we would go 10 - 0 ...LOL What about that P.C. Defense? How do you think we would fair? What positions would we play? I know Coach W would be our QB. What about the rest of us?TongueirateSho

You would be our MONSTER, you are very good a TAKING GUYS OUT!(LOL)( even our own lol)
I'd play center so the big guy would have time to throw. If I couldn't block them I would have to resort to the Jeremy Niece leg-whippin' technique.
Skeens would be a GREAT CUT-BLOCKER but every block is a cut block for R2.
Puckett would be an OFFENSIVE TACKLE, LEFT TACKLE, trying to be some-what realistic here. Perkins would be the Right tackle, bah,blah, tight end, yeah right (lol). Sebey, well, we'd let him be a waterboy.:thatsfunn
Rose rushed for over 200 yards in playoff game vs. Taylor as a soph.
Too much returning and too many 3 year starters not to have a good year.
This will also be the strongest Powell team yet, several guys in the 1100 pound club.
what is your initial feeling about the estill county head coaching change, is it to your advantage or could it be more of a challenge
Better question. Well, on one hand, you have a new coach with a new offense. That would seem to play to our advantage. They may grasp it pretty quick but they may not. Course, we don't play them till late in the season. So, most of them should have a good handle on the new system by then. Our guys will have been in the same system for 3 yrs now. They should know it by now. If not, they never will...LOL. On the other hand, He is supposed to be one heck of a coach. So, no doubt he will prepare them well. I have read many of his posts and he definately understands the game. He has a solid philosophy.It is a district game and we all know that anything can happen in district games. Defensivly, IMO it shouldn't be as hard to grasp. In high school, most of the kids just haul butt to get to the ball. Estill lost a lot of good players. We lost a few key spots. It should still be a good rivalry game.
blitz43 Wrote:Better question. Well, on one hand, you have a new coach with a new offense. That would seem to play to our advantage. They may grasp it pretty quick but they may not. Course, we don't play them till late in the season. So, most of them should have a good handle on the new system by then. Our guys will have been in the same system for 3 yrs now. They should know it by now. If not, they never will...LOL. On the other hand, He is supposed to be one heck of a coach. So, no doubt he will prepare them well. I have read many of his posts and he definately understands the game. He has a solid philosophy.It is a district game and we all know that anything can happen in district games. Defensivly, IMO it shouldn't be as hard to grasp. In high school, most of the kids just haul butt to get to the ball. Estill lost a lot of good players. We lost a few key spots. It should still be a good rivalry game.
Just wanted to say thanks for the respect shown in your post. It is not something that has been very common from Powell Co. fans, nothing wrong with that it just makes things much easier to discuss the kids and the game. Say what you want about Powell Co. fans, some may call it disrespect at times, but regardless, they are passionate about their school. :Thumbs:
thought for today Wrote:what is your initial feeling about the estill county head coaching change, is it to your advantage or could it be more of a challenge

Mike Jones done a heck of a job over there. I know alot of those guys played together for 4 years from last years team and I.M.O. you will not top last years Estill team for a long time to come. It will be to our advantage that class is gone(lol). You cannot replace a Benedict or Baber.:dontthink
Trenches07 Wrote:I would have to agree with most of those. That's a incrediablely weak schedule!
I agree 100%.I could go 8-2 with that schedule by myself.Play somebody then you can EARN some respect.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:I agree 100%.I could go 8-2 with that schedule by myself.Play somebody then you can EARN some respect.
Breathitt Bobcat...Don't go away mad, just go away. Every post that I read of yours is nothing but negativity. You are a black eye on BGR. You will eventually go away but it will take a while. You are like a tiny gnat. You can't do no real damage but your annoying as they come. Give it a rest and go back to playing the french horn or whatever it is that you do, cause it sure ain't football.TongueirateSho
I look for Powell to go 8-2 and get the 2nd or 3rd seed in the District.
blitz43 Wrote:Breathitt Bobcat...Don't go away mad, just go away. Every post that I read of yours is nothing but negativity. You are a black eye on BGR. You will eventually go away but it will take a while. You are like a tiny gnat. You can't do no real damage but your annoying as they come. Give it a rest and go back to playing the french horn or whatever it is that you do, cause it sure ain't football.TongueirateSho
Thanks.That means alot coming from a "coach".You'll find out when Jesse and Timmy try to get by me.They will go down with the ship.:flush: Does the truth bother you that much?Don't worry with only 4 teams in our district you'll get to ride the fire truck again.
Powell can do alright this season but I dont see them winning a playoff game. I also have to say that to get prepared for the postseason that you have to play higher caliber teams than they are play. Good luck though.
With a cake schedule Powell should coast through a good 2009 season
Trenches07 Wrote:Something has to give! I have read on here that Allen Central, Gerrard Co., Powell Co., Somerset, Taylor Co. and Wayne Co. have all said they are looking for a 8-2, 7-3 records.

Umm, isn't that what all teams want? A winning record?:HitWall:
P.C.Defense Wrote:1 Jackson co. W
2 Morgan co. W
3 Casey co. W
4 Lewis co. W
5 McCreary Cent. W
6 Mad. Southern W
7 Magoffin co. W
8 West Carter W
9 Estill ????
10 Breathitt co.

Chase Tipton? I'm pretty sure he graduated a few years ago. Gosh, you are getting old!! :rockon:
Protect_This_House26 Wrote:Umm, isn't that what all teams want? A winning record?:HitWall:

Just making a simple statement, sorry you couldnt deal with it. Besides wanting and getting are 2 completely different things!
Protect_This_House26 Wrote:Umm, isn't that what all teams want? A winning record?:HitWall:

I'd personally rather go 5-5 with our schedule than 9-1 with Powells.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:I'd personally rather go 5-5 with our schedule than 9-1 with Powells.

Wow, Why don't we hate a little more? lmao
That's not it Ky313...He is still raw from that BEATING he took at state from the REAL CHAMPS!!
Mario#1 Wrote:That's not it Ky313...He is still raw from that BEATING he took at state from the REAL CHAMPS!!

That was hilarious!
TongueirateSho
Protect_This_House26 Wrote:Chase Tipton? I'm pretty sure he graduated a few years ago. Gosh, you are getting old!! :rockon:
He is talking about Anthony Tipton.TongueirateSho
blitz43 Wrote:That was hilarious!
TongueirateSho
I'll tell you what was really funny.When you came down last year and thought you would actually compete with us.This year will be more of the same.