Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did Knott Central Fire Justin?
Lots of people have told me that he was fired. Can anyone give me the facts? Was he or is he still there?
Justin is still there and his getting the AAU program up and running! Rumors are that he will not be hired back, but that stuff won't even come out until April when the schools have to notify coaches and staff if they will be re-hired back. I'm sure they know what is going on, but they don't have to tell anyone till the april deadline.
Yeah.
I don't see why they would fire him? Because he lost in region to a really good PCC team?
Overrated Wrote:I don't see why they would fire him? Because he lost in region to a really good PCC team?

He underachieved with what KCC fans called last year as soon as they heard Tate transferred there, a "loaded" team.
PC_You_Know Wrote:He underachieved with what KCC fans called last year as soon as they heard Tate transferred there, a "loaded" team.

could you say that again in english?
Dead lord.

When Tate transferred to KCC last season, KCC fans called their new team "loaded". Their coach underachieved with this "loaded" team, for that, the coach may be fired.
Justin is a good kid that never had a chance of staying the coach at KCC. He's not politically hooked up and never will be. I think he did a pretty good job this year. Yes he had a good team but good teams do lose sometimes. It's hard to coach when your constantly looking over your shoulder or are afraid of messing up, when you focus on being perfect because of being scared you may lose you job if you aren't you will always come up short. Somebody will grab him up and offer him a job.
I have heard from several people that Justin has been informed that he will not be renewed next season. And I am 95% sure that this is true.
Lambert #1 Wrote:Justin is a good kid that never had a chance of staying the coach at KCC. He's not politically hooked up and never will be. I think he did a pretty good job this year. Yes he had a good team but good teams do lose sometimes. It's hard to coach when your constantly looking over your shoulder or are afraid of messing up, when you focus on being perfect because of being scared you may lose you job if you aren't you will always come up short. Somebody will grab him up and offer him a job.

THAT'S THE WAY IT IS AND WELL BE.
GOOD LUCK JUSTIN.
I hate to ask, but can't help it!! Who are the fans wanting to see coach at KCC next year? I am sure there are rumors running wild.
Overrated Wrote:I don't see why they would fire him? Because he lost in region to a really good PCC team?

Knott can do alot better.
Memorial Gym #5 Wrote:I hate to ask, but can't help it!! Who are the fans wanting to see coach at KCC next year? I am sure there are rumors running wild.

Billy Mays.
They asked him to resign, but he declined.
The guys been gone for like a week, where have you guys been?
Can anyone else ever remember a situation were the team was 22-8, ranked in the top 20 for most of the season, and will be the favorite to win the region next season, and they decide to replace the coach? Has to be more to the story, i'm not getting it. Tried to think of another situation but this, never heard of anything like this.
I would absolutely love to see John Kitchen coach at KCC...I think he'd consider to. I don't know if any you all remember, but he was a unreal player, even played a little pro ball over seas. I'd love to see hin there! Any thoughts on this???
eddierabbit Wrote:Can anyone else ever remember a situation were the team was 22-8, ranked in the top 20 for most of the season, and will be the favorite to win the region next season, and they decide to replace the coach? Has to be more to the story, i'm not getting it. Tried to think of another situation but this, never heard of anything like this.
David Jeff Stamper took a KCC team to the state Tournament and was fired at the end of the season......you never know what is going to happen over there....
David Jeff Stamper did not get fired after taking a team to state. We lost in the finals of the Region to PCC in 2000, he resigned after the season.
eddierabbit Wrote:Can anyone else ever remember a situation were the team was 22-8, ranked in the top 20 for most of the season, and will be the favorite to win the region next season, and they decide to replace the coach? Has to be more to the story, i'm not getting it. Tried to think of another situation but this, never heard of anything like this.

Absolutely, James Turner in Breathitt went to the state tourney and was fired
right after that. It is waht it is.

Absolutely, James Turner from Breathitt county went to the state tourney and was fired right after that. Not sure but he may have went 2 in a row or 2 out of 3 years.
Why in the world would they want to fight Justin? So if they get another coach and he dont take this team to Rupp with all the talnet that just fire him after one year.Than just hire someone else and make 3 coaches in 3 years that would be great wouldnt it. This is Amburgeys team and hes been with them the last 3 years I think he should be with them their senior year. JMO.
Tailback44 Wrote:Why in the world would they want to fight Justin? So if they get another coach and he dont take this team to Rupp with all the talnet that just fire him after one year.Than just hire someone else and make 3 coaches in 3 years that would be great wouldnt it. This is Amburgeys team and hes been with them the last 3 years I think he should be with them their senior year. JMO.

Great Post!:notworthy
He lost in the district finals as well.
High Sheriff Wrote:He lost in the district finals as well.

It's hard to beat a good team 3 times. Some people act like they should never lose a game..I could understand if they had Kobe Bryant or something..
Ask Breathitt County fans - they fired a Coach that won the region one year if my memory is correct.
Overrated Wrote:It's hard to beat a good team 3 times. Some people act like they should never lose a game..I could understand if they had Kobe Bryant or something..

Who needs Bryant when you have Bartrum?:lmao: ..small joke small joke
king360 Wrote:Who needs Bryant when you have Bartrum?:lmao: ..small joke small joke

Confusedhh:
It's called can't leave well enough alongConfusedhh: ....the boy has done nothing wrong....he needs to get to stay....if the board doesn't renew his contract, then they have gave him injustice....sure he still learning....don't we all? Justin is good for these kids, the boys love him.... :please: please board menbers think really hard before you do what I think you are going to do. Think about these kids......your motto is (It's all about Kids), listen to what the kids say. this great sport is not about us.....but its about these good kids we have.....please dont tear this team apart.....if you guys do this then shame on you.
p.s I have no ties to the ball team,Justin nor to any of his family, but I'am concerned about the outcome of all of this and the effect it will have on these kids.
I heard Billy G is coming to NOT CO.