Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marijauna legalized?
The other day obama gave the power to (tax,or even legalize marijuana) to the states. California has already adopted the some new laws regarding marijuana. They are alowed to grow there own plants (limit of 5) but are not allowed to sell there product. They are still working out how to tax it so it can be store bought. My thouhts on this was do you think kentucky should legalize marijuana, could it be another cash crop for the bluegrass state? such as tobacco.
For those that didn't know, weed is already Kentucky's biggest cash crop. If the legalized it the state would be one of the richest in the country.
100's of millions in new revenues for the state!

Industrial hemp and Hemp seed Oil won WW2.

Kentucky needs to get on board and take advantage of the industrialized hemp market.

For those of you who don't know. You can't get high on industrialized hemp and it doesn't look at all like the kind of Marijuana that is used for smoking.

California has also found ways to take "smoking" of medical marijuana completely out of the conversation. Ingesting THC through food has become a new and better way for Patients to enjoy the benefits of medical marijuana. This also completely contradicts any weak argument that it would be a public health issue.

"No Smoking Required"

Those patients include people who suffer from things like:

Chronic Migraine Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Glaucoma, Sickness from Radiation Therapy, Chemotherapy, etc.

The benefits of legalizing these things greatly outweigh the "Potential" problems.
DevilsWin Wrote:100's of millions in new revenues for the state!

Industrial hemp and Hemp seed Oil won WW2.

Kentucky needs to get on board and take advantage of the industrialized hemp market.

For those of you who don't know. You can't get high on industrialized hemp and it doesn't look at all like the kind of Marijuana that is used for smoking.

California has also found ways to take "smoking" of medical marijuana completely out of the conversation. Ingesting THC through food has become a new and better way for Patients to enjoy the benefits of medical marijuana. This also completely contradicts any weak argument that it would be a public health issue.

"No Smoking Required"

Those patients include people who suffer from things like:

Chronic Migraine Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Glaucoma, Sickness from Radiation Therapy, Chemotherapy, etc.

The benefits of legalizing these things greatly outweigh the "Potential" problems.

That's a good point. They already make candy bars and packs of spaghetti(sp?) and stuff like that with marijuana in it. THC is fat soluble, so anything with fat in it, ex. butter, can have weed it. All you have to do it heat the marijuana up in a pan full of butter until your satisfied and then make whatever your are making. I personally know of a cancer patient that does that now, she can't smoke it because of her lungs and because of how potent the pot is. When she ingests it it makes her less high and more hungry.
This is retarded. So I guess murder will be alright next week. Anything for Obama to make more money for what wasteful spending he's already done.
sherman14 Wrote:This is retarded. So I guess murder will be alright next week. Anything for Obama to make more money for what wasteful spending he's already done.
This will save money knucklehead. :ChairHit:
DevilsWin Wrote:This will save money knucklehead. :ChairHit:

Yeah, knucklehead!!!:HitWall:

lol
Pot should never be Legal IDC who you are if you support it you must want to smoke it. I hate all drugs. This is a dumb move. Obama is the man dont get me wrong but he got this one wrong
I agree the legalization of pot is ridiculous.
PHS#1 Wrote:Pot should never be Legal IDC who you are if you support it you must want to smoke it. I hate all drugs. This is a dumb move. Obama is the man dont get me wrong but he got this one wrong

You must have skipped over the post that said you can eat pot and get the same benefits as smoking it without the harmful carcinogens that come from smoking.
sherman14 Wrote:This is retarded. So I guess murder will be alright next week. Anything for Obama to make more money for what wasteful spending he's already done.

That has to be the most outlandious thing I have heard. Comparing smoking Pot to killing someone? Come on now, thats alittle redicious dont ya think?
PHS#1 Wrote:Pot should never be Legal IDC who you are if you support it you must want to smoke it. I hate all drugs. This is a dumb move. Obama is the man dont get me wrong but he got this one wrong

I have never smoked Pot in my life. But my father has. The reason why he smoked is because when someone has cancer and has to go threw Chemo, thye lose aton a weight and most do not get hungry therefore they do not eat. The only reason he ate is because the doctor at UK told him to smoke alittle pot to get him to eat and therefore be able to continue with the Chemo treatments. I have a question for you, Do you drink pop?
C.Clair Wrote:I have never smoked Pot in my life. But my father has. The reason why he smoked is because when someone has cancer and has to go threw Chemo, thye lose aton a weight and most do not get hungry therefore they do not eat. The only reason he ate is because the doctor at UK told him to smoke alittle pot to get him to eat and therefore be able to continue with the Chemo treatments. I have a question for you, Do you drink pop?

I don't think anyone questions it's validity for medical purposes, which is what your father's doctor should have been suggesting, and hopefully gave him a legal prescription for. If he suggested it, yet did not give him a prescription, then he promoted the illegal promotion of an illicit drug. Not much different than him suggesting to smoke meth. As long as it was a legal suggestion backed by a prescription, then I don't question what the Dr. suggested. If the Dr. did not give a prescrtiption, then I would really have to question whether the Dr. suggested this to a patient.

You hate all drugs? Including those that help cure diseases and cancer? What about caffeine? i personally think they should decriminalize marijuana, way to much money is wasted on people who grow pot and sell it. If we did this we could save tons of money for the country and could put people who commit real crimes behind bars.
okay guys sorry! just when someone smoking this legalized pot you all talk so highly of and kills someopne in your family i hope you still feel the same
PHS#1 Wrote:okay guys sorry! just when someone smoking this legalized pot you all talk so highly of and kills someopne in your family i hope you still feel the same

amen
PHS#1 Wrote:okay guys sorry! just when someone smoking this legalized pot you all talk so highly of and kills someopne in your family i hope you still feel the same

I have never seen someone become violent from smoking pot. From what i have seen they either get mellow and just chill out or they become extremely happy. Someone is more likely to get killed from someone who has been drinking alcohol or snorting pills/doing coke/heroine.
TheGuyYouLoveToHate Wrote:I have never seen someone become violent from smoking pot. From what i have seen they either get mellow and just chill out or they become extremely happy. Someone is more likely to get killed from someone who has been drinking alcohol or snorting pills/doing coke/heroine.

So maybe we make them all illegal Confusedhh:
Stardust Wrote:I don't think anyone questions it's validity for medical purposes, which is what your father's doctor should have been suggesting, and hopefully gave him a legal prescription for. If he suggested it, yet did not give him a prescription, then he promoted the illegal promotion of an illicit drug. Not much different than him suggesting to smoke meth. As long as it was a legal suggestion backed by a prescription, then I don't question what the Dr. suggested. If the Dr. did not give a prescrtiption, then I would really have to question whether the Dr. suggested this to a patient.

First there is no such thing as medical pot anymore. It was outlawed a few years back. The doctor said and I quote "Bill, have you smoked pot before?" My father answered and then the Doc said for him to get ahold of some and smoke it to help him with eating. I know what the Doc said.
Stardust Wrote:So maybe we make them all illegal Confusedhh:

Maybe we should make the most addictive "drug" in the world illegal too. For you who doesnt know what the most addictive substance know to man is, its caffine.
What is this, 1940?

"Reefer Madness" :yikes:
C.Clair Wrote:First there is no such thing as medical pot anymore. It was outlawed a few years back. The doctor said and I quote "Bill, have you smoked pot before?" My father answered and then the Doc said for him to get ahold of some and smoke it to help him with eating. I know what the Doc said.

You father's doctor has just promoted the act of obtaining an illegal substance for consumer use. I sure hope that the legal authorities don't find this out!

If you father's doctor was truly concerened and wished for your father to gain the medical benefits, in this case increased appetite, he could have prescribed to him the logal form of Marijuana - or for those not intuned to the medical name - Marinol (approved by the DEA in the 80's). Ask your father to go to his doctor and tell him he doesn't want to risk jail time, and to please prescribe Marinol (or legal Marijuana).
C.Clair Wrote:Maybe we should make the most addictive "drug" in the world illegal too. For you who doesnt know what the most addictive substance know to man is, its caffine.

Never been a scientific study to my knowledge that has stated that Caffeine alters or impairs your thinking or judgement, thus causes the potential to kill innocent men, women and children when someone not clear with their faculties has lost control of their vehicle.
Stardust Wrote:You father's doctor has just promoted the act of obtaining an illegal substance for consumer use. I sure hope that the legal authorities don't find this out!

If you father's doctor was truly concerened and wished for your father to gain the medical benefits, in this case increased appetite, he could have prescribed to him the logal form of Marijuana - or for those not intuned to the medical name - Marinol (approved by the DEA in the 80's). Ask your father to go to his doctor and tell him he doesn't want to risk jail time, and to please prescribe Marinol (or legal Marijuana).
Marinol is a joke. Just ask anyone who has used it!
If you don't know that much about Marinol, here is everything you need to know.

http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=6635
DevilsWin Wrote:Marinol is a joke. Just ask anyone who has used it!

and so is Marijuana!
Stardust Wrote:and so is Marijuana!

You know nothing about it besides what you read or heard.

In fact you'd be better suited to discuss something like figure 4 leg locks than Marinol Dusty.
DevilsWin Wrote:You know nothing about it besides what you read or heard.

In fact you'd be better suited to discuss something like figure 4 leg locks than Marinol Dusty.

Wow, I like that lol:1:
Stardust Wrote:You father's doctor has just promoted the act of obtaining an illegal substance for consumer use. I sure hope that the legal authorities don't find this out!

That stuff doesnt work. It was prescribed to him but did not have any affects on his appetite. That stuff was a joke anyway, he could take a handful and it wouldnt work. So the doc told him the only other thing would be Pot.
Stardust Wrote:Never been a scientific study to my knowledge that has stated that Caffeine alters or impairs your thinking or judgement, thus causes the potential to kill innocent men, women and children when someone not clear with their faculties has lost control of their vehicle.

I never said anything about that, I just stated that Caffine is the most addictive drug there is.