Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has your new transfers help your girls program
n the wake of Scott Co defeat last night, I would like your opinion if your program is better off before or after a new kid has come in. Where my daughter goes we were better off before we started seeing new transfer come in. IMO. Please no bashing of kids it’s not their fault. (Parent Ego’s)
The school my daughter graduated from last year is semi dependent on transfers coming in. With a very small enrollment in each class from K-12, we open up our arms and welcome all new comers.

If you are unhappy with your daughter's current situation send her across the street and over to the hill. I am sure she would be welcomed and appreciated.
:biggrin:
Old Shooter Wrote:The school my daughter graduated from last year is semi dependent on transfers coming in. With a very small enrollment in each class from K-12, we open up our arms and welcome all new comers.

If you are unhappy with your daughter's current situation send her across the street and over to the hill. I am sure she would be welcomed and appreciated.

Are you recruiting?

Maroon Monkey, we had to have the transfers so they can step in to the recently vacant positions left by Wilcox, Strait, and Farrow.
razor Wrote:Are you recruiting?

Maroon Monkey, we had to have the transfers so they can step in to the recently vacant positions left by Wilcox, Strait, and Farrow.

We already had kids in our system to do this. I do understand what you are saying. I have a dog in this so I'm a little impartial.
MaroonMonkey Wrote:We already had kids in our system to do this. I do understand what you are saying. I have a dog in this so I'm a little impartial.

Stop stirring up trouble!!!! Sounds to me like your worried about playing time and stats not whats good for the team. If you are unhappy its a short drive to the HILL. Are you willing to give up a years eligibility????
kittennation Wrote:Stop stirring up trouble!!!! Sounds to me like your worried about playing time and stats not whats good for the team. If you are unhappy its a short drive to the HILL. Are you willing to give up a years eligibility????

I'm not stirring up anything that wasn't already going on. Only a few have the coconuts to say anything about it.
Did we get any transfer for next year?
razor Wrote:Maroon Monkey, we had to have the transfers so they can step in to the recently vacant positions left by Wilcox, Strait, and Farrow.

You are saying that there wasn't any players in the system that could step-up and fill those vacant positions. I think that the Heaberlin girl and the Jones girl could easily fill those spots. Should have filled them at times this season.
Atticus Wrote:You are saying that there wasn't any players in the system that could step-up and fill those vacant positions. I think that the Heaberlin girl and the Jones girl could easily fill those spots. Should have filled them at times this season.

I think both these girls and many others will get their chances next year. Sounds like the imposter is back.
Old Shooter Wrote:The school my daughter graduated from last year is semi dependent on transfers coming in. With a very small enrollment in each class from K-12, we open up our arms and welcome all new comers.

Is this the same school that has lost 7 or 8 girls in the last two years.
You guys have serious issues and their not basketball related.
I support Bradley and Cook, they know what they are doing and I will leave it at that.
kybasketballfan Wrote:Is this the same school that has lost 7 or 8 girls in the last two years.

Very interesting comment to make. Yes the Hill lost several players due to various reasons. As "Let Em Play" stated for most people its not even about their kids its about them and their mini me egos. "You guys have serious issues and their not basketball related." as quoted by the Talking Fish Let Em Play :yikes: :dontthink Confusedhh: :popcorn:
My goodness, I have read posts by a monkey, tomcat, kitten, cougar, and a talking fish. Where is the pelican, pittsburg fish? This was just an observation only.
thumbsdown Wrote:My goodness, I have read posts by a monkey, tomcat, kitten, cougar, and a talking fish. Where is the pelican, pittsburg fish? This was just an observation only.

Ugghhh, get that hook out of my mouth. My observation is that there are some unhappy campers in the fabled land of Maroonville. Campers such as Farris Wheel, Along Came Jones, Julia Roberts, and Pull the Lever.

Some posters think that you guys are hoping for some kids to leave Maroonville, I suggest that the person that keeps posting that, down deep really wants to see kids leave as well. As Heath Ledger said in the Dark Knight, "It's all part of the plan, you see"

By the way, what is thumbsdown?
if you all mind me asking what two schools are you all arguing about?
I was wondering the same thing.
It's the oppsite of thumbsup.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:if you all mind me asking what two schools are you all arguing about?

I no longer have a dog in the fight but this is what I think this pertains to, Ashland received 3 transfers from Rose Hill. Two 8th graders, One 7th grader. From what has been posted on this site and another site leads one to believe that many of the parents at Ashland are very disgruntled about the situation.

Maybe a true Ashlander could elaborate on this subject.
No transfers no problems here to report.
Nice avatar OS
I think that a lot of the posters are hoping for trouble in the land of maroon. I can tell you this don't count on it.
Keep it civil or it will be closed.

And no new transfers for my alumni this season so no change in that department.
Old Shooter Wrote:I no longer have a dog in the fight but this is what I think this pertains to, Ashland received 3 transfers from Rose Hill. Two 8th graders, One 7th grader. From what has been posted on this site and another site leads one to believe that many of the parents at Ashland are very disgruntled about the situation.

Maybe a true Ashlander could elaborate on this subject.

i appreciate it...I now will sit back and watch this debate looks as if it will be a good one:popcorn:
LET EM PLAY Wrote:You guys have serious issues and their not basketball related.

lol How true is this? It sounds to me like they need to me making some phone calls to each other rather than some posts on a public forum that is intended to discuss sports; not argue about them. If you have something to say to each other, do it somewhere else. It is posts like those that take all of the fun out of BGR.
All schools get transfers from time to time. Do they help? Depends on the coaches, players and chemistry of the team. If you are unhappy with your daughters playing time then find a school that you think she could fit in with and contribute to the teams success. Do what is best for your daughter. Dont look back 20 years from now and ask, "What if? If only?"
It has helped our Middle School program, time will tell about the future. Who knows who will stay or who will go help another school.
We have a good middle school program as well. On the transfer's, I can see it two ways. I could bring more kids in to play sports, or have the adverse affect and have a bunch that leaves. If parents stay out of the mix I think it would could go well for any program. :Thumbs:
I agree that parents should allow their kids to tie their own shoe laces after 7th grade..:biggrin:
I just think it all boils down to the parents. Example-->If you dishonestly lie about your residence so your kid gets to play at a certain school, then that isn't cool. However, if the parents on purpose move so there kids can play at a school, then I don't see no problem. If the school board doesn't like it, then change the rules, but if they can't change the rules, then what are they to do? If I had a kid, and I could legally let my kid choose a school, and want to do it. That is my choice.