Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 76 - Pike Central 71 - 15th Region
Great great game here.
Congrats Pburg!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-EXPRESS YOURSELF-

Morehead State Eagle!
Big free throws down the stretch from Tackett. Sounded like a pretty sloppy game, but congrats Blackcats!
Congrats P-burg
I figured P-burg would win by a few more....
Great game by both teams. Honestly Pike Central would have won if they hadnt made a ew small mental mistakes, not to take anything away from P-Burg because they playe a phenominal game and shot lights out. Thompson yet again does not make adjustments during the game and it cost them IMO. I do however, fail to believe they played a flaws game in the fact not one walk, travel, carry or double dribble was called on them the entire game. The refs were fairly conisistent in this one and did a great job untill that last call with 9 seconds left. Great game and congrats to P-Burg.
Oh I would also like to give a big kudo to # 12 for P-Burg I love the way that kid played tonight.
Congrats P-burg!
Congrats Prestonburg
Way to go Pburg!
I thought the officiating was horrible...Prestonsburg had 2 foul out and another with 3. PC didn't have anyone with more then 2 fouls.
Congrats Blackcats and good luck Saturday. Hard fought game by the Hawks, they never quit. I said this would be a lower scoring game than the first meeting.
gish Wrote:I thought the officiating was horrible...Prestonsburg had 2 foul out and another with 3. PC didn't have anyone with more then 2 fouls.

its funny that you say that when the fouls only differed by a couple of fouls. Both teams were in the bonus at the end of the first half neither say the double bonus. Then in the second half both reached the double bonus. P-burg reaching the bonus first. Pike Central in fact had either one or two players with three fould, one i know for a fact was McCoy and I think Meade did as well. Pike Central also went deeper into their bench, P-Burgs coach made a mistake by playing Gearhart with two fouls in the first half at that time i think they had the lead as well all three of his fouls were pretty obvious. I do however, question the fifth foul on # 15 for P-Burg and two on of them on # 55 couldnt tell from where i was sitting if they should have been called.
i only saw last night's games but i wouldnt complain about the refs too bad actually (at one point jc had 7 fouls and belfry 0 with a kid who palmed the ball everytime he touched it) but overall they really werent that bad
Like Blackcat said, key free-throws were made by Jody Tackett during crunch time to put away the Hawks.

Prestonsburg rallied back from an 8-point halftime deficit and went up by 7 in the third quarter. Pike Central then came storming back to take the lead back at 56-54. The Blackcats maintained composure and took the lead back for good.

Great game by both teams and congratulations to the Blackcats!
Did anyone see that last call on Michael Thompson for stepping out of bounds? He threw it right to Jimmy Meade for a perfect 3 to tie the game but the Zebras strike again.

Congrats Pburg, great game both teams!
Congrats Pburg...pcc gave them a good game..came down to the wire...thought that gross actually didnt step on the line..since i was on the scorers bench to see it...bad call...wouldve loved to seen OT...lol...
Congrat to the Blackcats. IMO the difference in the game was coaching, Coach Pack made defensive adjustments that changed the outcome of the game . PC was shocked by the zone press. Officiating was bad--both ways.
If...Then Wrote:Did anyone see that last call on Michael Thompson for stepping out of bounds? He threw it right to Jimmy Meade for a perfect 3 to tie the game but the Zebras strike again.

I sat in the in zone. Had a straight line view of it. He was out of bounds when he made the pass. Thats one call that was accurate.
BeaverCreek Connection Wrote:I sat in the in zone. Had a straight line view of it. He was out of bounds when he made the pass. Thats one call that was accurate.

he jumped before touching the ball no way his feet were touching the baseline...I was as well in the end zone :Thumbs:
Congrats Pburg
It seems like everybody is forgetting about Alex Stumbo, who kept Pburg in the game with his accurate shots early in the game. I think the game was poorly officiated, but oh well. I thought most of the bad calls were against Pburg myself, but oh well.

Great effort by both teams.
If...Then Wrote:Did anyone see that last call on Michael Thompson for stepping out of bounds? He threw it right to Jimmy Meade for a perfect 3 to tie the game but the Zebras strike again.

Sounded like the guys on the radio agreed with the call, and also mentioned that Pike Central's coach had no argument.
Congrats Blackcats, great game from both teams one of the best I've seen in a long time.
blackcat Wrote:Sounded like the guys on the radio agreed with the call, and also mentioned that Pike Central's coach had no argument.

Are you joking? Mark Thompson was going off!
If...Then Wrote:Are you joking? Mark Thompson was going off!

I think he meant they were saying it was a good call and he had not reason to argue the call...
This game was a battle all the way to the end. The officiating was bad. Michael Thompson had 5 walks called on him, he hasn't had that many all year. Prestonsburg camped out in the lane and only 1 three second call. One official was too lazy to walk to the scores table or center of the court when he made a call. The coaching was the difference in the game Thompson got out coached, again.

Good win P-Burg. Good Luck
Prestonsburg 76 Pike Co. Central 71

Pike Co. Central 13 25 13 20 71

Prestonsburg 16 14 22 24 76

Fifteenth Region at Pikeville
Pike Co. Central (9-23) -- Thompson 10, McCoy 16, Tackett 6, Charles 6, Meade 18, Gross 9, Seal 6.
Prestonsburg (18-12) -- Burchett 9, Stumbo 13, Tackett 21, Patrick 13, Gearheart 12, Setser 6, Tincher 2

kentucky.com
If...Then Wrote:Are you joking? Mark Thompson was going off!

That's just what they said.
Like someone mentioned above, Pack made the adjustment after halftime on defense to the zone press and it slowed the pace of the game down to where Prestonsburg likes it and Pike Centrals offense just couldn't adjust to it. Prestonsburg played really sloppy in the 1st half, but they shot the ball very well. Now if all 5 starters could put together a solid game together then Prestonsburg would have won this game by more, but that's just my opinion.

Stumbo has been playing well ever since the 1st round of the 58th district tournament. As earlier in the season he played to unselfish and passed up on a lot of shots when he is a very good 3-point shooter. If he and Tackett can knock down their 3's then Prestonsburg will be very hard to beat. Burchett's scoring may be down, but he has turned into quite the point guard since the beginning of the season. He makes a lot of passes most guards cannot and has become a very good distributer of the ball. Gearheart, Patrick, Tincher, and Setser need to continue their good play as well, although I know they could have played better last night in the paint, but I think nerves had a lot to do with it because it really was a tight game, especially down the stretch.

Pike Central played very well toward the end of the season as they are a very scrappy bunch that can put points on the board in bunches. Very impressed with the play of Meade, McCoy, and Gross. Thompson had a sloppy game IMO, but he is also a very talented player.

Congrats Blackcats... great season Hawks!