Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Channing Fugate Breathitt County
if illinois did offer this as they say just see how many snaps he will see at that position
the 1 the only Wrote:if illinois did offer this as they say just see how many snaps he will see at that position

So your point was he won't get a D-1 offer but now your point is changed to IF it happens he wont play.Looks like someone is jealous.
i think one of his o-linmen is going to pikeville to play. does anyone know about this for sure? im thinking it was nathan roberts, but im not for sure.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:So your point was he won't get a D-1 offer but now your point is changed to IF it happens he wont play.Looks like someone is jealous.

apparently your comprehension has not been well on READING my last posts i said he could play D-1 on defense but not at running back and just because they tell him that now dont mean much if he got champaign Ill. he will not get the first snap at RB :biggrin:
and btw jealous sorry I'm not in no way shape or form jealous of him i hope he does well just stating what i see
This just in Channing recieved letters from Tennessee, Uof L and UK.
UkFan23 Wrote:I think he will be the best RB in the state next year...He has Size,Speed,Moves,Great Vision...I cant wait to see him play college football somewhere

He may be....but if he goes to a D1 school or even a high D2 school....he'll grade out better as a defensive player. IMHO, he doesn't have the speed necessary to play RB at the D1 level....unless he was moved to FB.
bhs all the way Wrote:i think one of his o-linmen is going to pikeville to play. does anyone know about this for sure? im thinking it was nathan roberts, but im not for sure.

Nathan is going to Morehead.
[quote=OutlawJoseyWales]He may be....but if he goes to a D1 school or even a high D2 school....he'll grade out better as a defensive player. IMHO, he doesn't have the speed necessary to play RB at the D1 level....unless he was moved to FB.[/QUOT

There won't be many runningbacks that will be faster then him at the D1 level. I got proff. Just watch the NFL combines. He runs a 4.7 and that is fast for a junior in high school when you are comparing him to senior in college.
UkFan23 Wrote:I think he will be the best RB in the state next year...He has Size,Speed,Moves,Great Vision...I cant wait to see him play college football somewhere

Crazy Horse Wrote:[quote=OutlawJoseyWales]He may be....but if he goes to a D1 school or even a high D2 school....he'll grade out better as a defensive player. IMHO, he doesn't have the speed necessary to play RB at the D1 level....unless he was moved to FB.[/QUOT

There won't be many runningbacks that will be faster then him at the D1 level. I got proff. Just watch the NFL combines. He runs a 4.7 and that is fast for a junior in high school when you are comparing him to senior in college.

I've been around this game a long, long time. I'd really be surprised if he's recruited as a pure Tailback. IMO, he'll grade out better being projected as a defensive "athlete". I can see some programs taking a look as a fullback...however, he's got better talent than needed for the FB slot. Speed wise--he may pick up a tenth...even 2 tenths----but in reality....no more. Not without help.

Don't take my comments the wrong way. I'm certainly not knocking his ability. I'm just saying odds are he'll grade out stronger on the defensive side of the ball.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:[quote=Crazy Horse]

I've been around this game a long, long time. I'd really be surprised if he's recruited as a pure Tailback. IMO, he'll grade out better being projected as a defensive "athlete". I can see some programs taking a look as a fullback...however, he's got better talent than needed for the FB slot. Speed wise--he may pick up a tenth...even 2 tenths----but in reality....no more. Not without help.

Don't take my comments the wrong way. I'm certainly not knocking his ability. I'm just saying odds are he'll grade out stronger on the defensive side of the ball.

All that really matters is he will get a free ride to school.
the 1 the only Wrote:OK to call him the best playin in the mountains of all time is ridiculous he wont be the best in school history but neways good athlete but he lacks the D-1 speed at running back but could play on the defensive end maybe

He will make a good D-1 FB or LB. He have the side and the speed.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:[quote=Crazy Horse]

My exact sentiments!

I see the kid going D-1 for sure. Maybe even high D-1. But it won't be as a RB.

I wish him the very best this year and hopefully he can have a successful offseason in the camps and can stay injury free during the regular season.

For Breathitt fans saying 4.7 is D-1 RB speed you are way off. Moreno and Wells may have ran a 4.6 but Fugate has nowhere near the agility and hips they have. David Jones ran a 4.4 40 in HS and he never saw the field as a RB except in UK JV games.
On a side note this appears to be a very strong class of D-1 talent in the state of Kentucky.

I am going to start another thread outlining this fact.
First of all Nathan aint going to Morehead. He got offered a full ride and a starting spot at Pikeville but he hasnt decided if hes going or not.
Purdue called today and left a message for Channing at the Den.
Purdue called about Channing Yesterday.
How much game film is available for viewing?
He still has another year to improve.
[YOUTUBE="Channing Fugate"]WHppC3zv2Z8[/YOUTUBE]

Never Mind I found some.
Bobcat Player Wrote:First of all Nathan aint going to Morehead. He got offered a full ride and a starting spot at Pikeville but he hasnt decided if hes going or not.

Maybe you should tell his mom that because that's who told me.Although it was a couple weeks ago.If they offered a full ride maybe their minds changed.FREE will win over paid any day.
cougarpride08 Wrote:[YOUTUBE="Channing Fugate"]WHppC3zv2Z8[/YOUTUBE]

Never Mind I found some.

Now your gonna go scare people by posting this.Pretty slow huh?See how he leaves everyone in the dust?
He was already in the endzone before I hit send to post it. Smile
The kid is nasty. Running over around and threw people.
i heard yesterday at school he got his ACT thrown out due to some violation could that have anything to do with his future school choices?
yea he did get it threw out but no he can still take the ACT again. it was because he went back to a section after the time was up.
ZoneRead Wrote:Where did you come up with that? I know for a fact that kids have been offered as early as soph. year. So if a player goes to camp the coach is not allowed to talk to them.

Yes, if you go to a camp they can talk to you but they cannot contact you by phone until right before your senior year. Look on the NCAA website . . . it gives you the recruiting guidelines for every sport . . . maybe some coaches don't care if they get caught and sanctioned. Smile
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:Maybe you should tell his mom that because that's who told me.Although it was a couple weeks ago.If they offered a full ride maybe their minds changed.FREE will win over paid any day.
Minds did change.He (Nathan Roberts)is OFFICIALLY a Lindsey Wilson Raider.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Unfortunately, I agree. I could see WKU offering, considering that is where Haddix played though.

Getting noticed is what it is all about in D-1 recruiting.

I have no doubt in my mind that if he can camp and improve his speed a bit that this kid can't end up at a MAC school or much better.

Shows what you know.