Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josh Whitaker
i don't see josh at a d-1 school. he is good but he just don't impress me that much. but i think he could play naia and d-2 or d-3 and actually contribute. but good luck to him whatever he decides to do.
has anyone heard of him being hurt? or is it not the same josh whitaker?
bsm2008 Wrote:you people are really crazy sometimes..... nobody in that resion is going singing D1. It has happened 3 times in the last 20 years, and justin hicks is better than all 3 of the people you are referring to. If one of them signs a D1 scholarship then all props to your basketball knowledge, and the 14th region from top to bottom is a joke this year. look at what happened to perry, knott, and hazard in the lexington catholic holliday tournament when they played decent teams. the reason they seem better is because the rest of the state is down, including the louisville and lexington areas from top to bottom. kentucky just isn't a good high school basketball state, although all of you think that these players are amazing. There are some decent naia, D2, D3 players in the 14th, but wait and see. I am not trying to knock people at all, but comments like this show you have no idea what kind of level Division 1 basketball is. It is a totally different level. Some of this is laughable. ethan faulkner, a point guard, signs with northern kentucky, and now josh whitaker who isn't near the player as ethan is getting looked at by louisville. i'm sorry but sosa and mcgee are a little bit better than that:please:

Nice. Very nice.
so no one knows if this is the josh whitaker that i heard had a car accident??
gtowntiger Wrote:so no one knows if this is the josh whitaker that i heard had a car accident??

I haven't heard anything about it...and Josh was at the girls games at Memorial Gym tonight so if he was in a wreck he evidently wasn't hurt.
it must not be the same one, the one i heard about was still in the hospital, thats good it wasnt him, not good that someone is hurt, just glad its not a good athlete
I think Josh is a good ball player. But he is not a Uk player are any D1 I think his leadership on the floor is good. He plays his game the talk on the floor dont get to him. That i like. And yes he does carry the ball ALOT!!!! But The refs dont call it for some reason. He has one more year to work on his game. Good luck to him on what ever he does at the next level.
Josh Whitaker has D1 Talent
Tate Cox could play D-1
I don't think anyone in the region right now has D-1 talent
zaga_fan Wrote:I don't think anyone in the region right now has D-1 talent

I agree but if anyone in the region could go i think it would be whitaker because of the way he can handle the ball...i love to watch him dribble around defenders so easily
[quote=king360]I agree but if anyone in the region could go i think it would be whitaker because of the way he can handle the ball...i love to watch him dribble around defenders so easily[/QUO

Very True...I think him and Cox are probably the only D-1 talent we have in this region. Which is good because a lot of years he hardly have any small college talent. One thing about next years senior class, we will have a lot of small college prospects along with maybe 2 D-1 players. Hopefully 3 D-1.(Stamper)He has a lot of potential
D2 Good Luck Josh
the recruiting just isnt there for our area whether people have the talent or not, the world is so against our region. maybe as negative as the 20/20 thing was ppl will pity everyone and recruiting will improve, but i know that so many schools just dont think that the area has as much talent as we actually do. Too many are lost in the cracks to kids at bigger schools. I could go on all day about this as I feel very strongly on this ( i know of a few players specifically that should be d-1 football stars that recruiters ignore based on the area-even admitted it was the area)
this kid is magnificent, pure extroidinary dazzle with the ball. i look for this kid to make some noise in a major conference next year. he seems like a ACC player to me.
cincycat23 Wrote:this kid is magnificent, pure extroidinary dazzle with the ball. i look for this kid to make some noise in a major conference next year. he seems like a ACC player to me.

if he is in the ACC next year, i expect to see king klay puttin up big numbers against him in the same conference. klay resembles josh mcroberts, could be wearin the same jersey as mcroberts. lord yeah!
cincycat23 Wrote:this kid is magnificent, pure extroidinary dazzle with the ball. i look for this kid to make some noise in a major conference next year. he seems like a ACC player to me.

:thatsfunn :thatsfunn :thatsfunn

Wow. ACC? Now that is something. J Hicks is playing for Pikeville, he is about 10 times better than Whitaker. Come on now really.

Now, really?
If you do not have anything worthy to add to this thread, please do not post in it.
i dont really see it but anything is possible.
I think he has a shot for this reason. Next years senior class will be IMO the strongest senior class from the mountains in a long time, and I mean a very long time. Matt St. John, DJ Wilson, Cody Miller, Corbins good guard, Stamper, Cox, Whitaker, Noble, Justice, Adams, Hatfield. There is a few more that I can name but I can not think of off the top of my head. I am not saying that all these guys will play d1, all I am saying that a strong senior class will attract schools to this area. I think that only 6 players out of the ones I named have potential at playing D1.
Crazy Horse Wrote:I think he has a shot for this reason. Next years senior class will be IMO the strongest senior class from the mountains in a long time, and I mean a very long time. Matt St. John, DJ Wilson, Cody Miller, Corbins good guard, Stamper, Cox, Whitaker, Noble, Justice, Adams, Hatfield. There is a few more that I can name but I can not think of off the top of my head. I am not saying that all these guys will play d1, all I am saying that a strong senior class will attract schools to this area. I think that only 6 players out of the ones I named have potential at playing D1.

Which 6?