Poll: Who wins the 53rd?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Letcher Central
68.75%
Cordia
31.25%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordia vs Letcher Central (53rd District Championship)
Who brings home the Trophy?

If Cordia can handle the full court pressure, I feel they'll have a chance if they cant they LCC BIG!

Also Paige Slone needs 16points to have 1000pts for her career.

Good Luck both teams.
LCC by a lot
LCC by 20 only because Coach Adams will not runup the score.
Coach Adams won't run up the score? Are you serious....have you ever watch LCC play......anytime you beat a team 40, 50, 60 points......I hate to tell you but that is called "Running up the score"!!!! :HitWall:
LCC by 15+
Cordia can't handle 'em. No way.
I do hope that Paige Slone reaches her 1,000 point mark, though.
Willie -

What do you suggest LCC do, tell their players they are not allowed to score??? Coach Adams substitutes, the cougars are just that good!!!:1:
LCC by 8
I'll take the Lady Lions in an upset by 2. Paige Slone will have her regular game, scoring 20+ points(she will reach 1,000 points in this one), and Pratt will have a good game as well.
LCC by 10+
I think if they can handle the pressure that we all know will be coming then I think they can pull it off. They need more then just Paige and Alyssa to bring it. Also they need more then just Paige to bring the ball up the court. I want to wish Paige a good game. Hope she can reach 1000 points. Also wish Alyssa a good game. She will bring it and play like a man...wait I should say women...lol...j/p Alyssa. Cordia in the upset by 1.
coolfan Wrote:Willie -

What do you suggest LCC do, tell their players they are not allowed to score??? Coach Adams substitutes, the cougars are just that good!!!:1:

So you are telling me that when you sub the last 2 minutes of the game and press the whole game.....that is not running up the score.....there are things you can do as a coach to keep from running up the score.....one thing might be to call off the press and maybe spend some time running an offense....just a few suggestions......and Coach Adams wonders why no one will play in his tournament or play him in the regular season.......best of luck Coach........
Willie_Mays_Hayes Wrote:Coach Adams won't run up the score? Are you serious....have you ever watch LCC play......anytime you beat a team 40, 50, 60 points......I hate to tell you but that is called "Running up the score"!!!! :HitWall:

This is high school not grade school. If lcc can beat teams by 100 then I say good for them. IT IS TOURNAMENT TIME WIN AND WIN BIG!! Back in the 90s when UK was beating teams by an avg of 33 a game you did not hear people cry and say (sniff,sniff) they are running up the score NO they said they are that good so give coach Adams and his team some credit for working hard and BEING THAT GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO COUGARS
Please don't compare men's college basketball to 14th region girls. NCAA teams pick who is on their teams and if they don't put a good team on the floor thats to bad. To a lot of the teams in this region winning is not the most important part of the game being a part of a team is. Not all schools have as many kids to pick from as LCC does. Maybe just maybe Dickie should try to play teams as big as LCC is instead of playing all of those little schools he loves to play if his girls are so good.
Willie_Mays_Hayes Wrote:So you are telling me that when you sub the last 2 minutes of the game and press the whole game.....that is not running up the score.....there are things you can do as a coach to keep from running up the score.....one thing might be to call off the press and maybe spend some time running an offense....just a few suggestions......and Coach Adams wonders why no one will play in his tournament or play him in the regular season.......best of luck Coach........

I have never seen W-burg or LCC during Coach Adams' tenure run the score up.
Reds#1Fan Wrote:Please don't compare men's college basketball to 14th region girls. NCAA teams pick who is on their teams and if they don't put a good team on the floor thats to bad. To a lot of the teams in this region winning is not the most important part of the game being a part of a team is. Not all schools have as many kids to pick from as LCC does. Maybe just maybe Dickie should try to play teams as big as LCC is instead of playing all of those little schools he loves to play if his girls are so good.

I agree that high schools have to pick from the pool of players that they have. But you have to understand its not coach adams fault that he has a bigger pool to pick from. It is tournament time you have to win or go home. As far as winning is not everything that is a ridiculous statement if they dont want to win maybe they should not be on the floor that only hurts the TEAM speaking of team maybe you should find out what the team concept is about it is a group of people working toward a goal. that goal would be WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lcc By40
No one wants to win more than me. But I also admire teams like Riverside that come into every game knowing that they are going to lose but those girls still play as hard as they can and to them winning isn't everything. Those girls are part of something and the end result isn't as important as the journey and who they are on it with. Some of you people have forgot how bad LCC was last year I bet you didn't like seeing them lose every game. Differnet teams have different goals. How about that team in Texas that got beat 100 pts I guess you think that was alright to I guess.
Lions by 6
Reds#1Fan Wrote:No one wants to win more than me. But I also admire teams like Riverside that come into every game knowing that they are going to lose but those girls still play as hard as they can and to them winning isn't everything. Those girls are part of something and the end result isn't as important as the journey and who they are on it with. Some of you people have forgot how bad LCC was last year I bet you didn't like seeing them lose every game. Differnet teams have different goals. How about that team in Texas that got beat 100 pts I guess you think that was alright to I guess.

Great Post! :Thumbs:
LCC by 15
Reds#1Fan Wrote:No one wants to win more than me. But I also admire teams like Riverside that come into every game knowing that they are going to lose but those girls still play as hard as they can and to them winning isn't everything. Those girls are part of something and the end result isn't as important as the journey and who they are on it with. Some of you people have forgot how bad LCC was last year I bet you didn't like seeing them lose every game. Differnet teams have different goals. How about that team in Texas that got beat 100 pts I guess you think that was alright to I guess.

The teams that come onto the floor knowing that they are gonna lose should not be on the floor because they are beat before they take the floor!! Yes you have to admire teams that have lesser talent that work hard. Lcc took their lumps last year but those girls are better for it. As for the team and the journey if the TEAM goal is not to win why play? The TEAM goal is to win !!the JOURNEY will be that much sweeter!!!! Like I said if you can win by 100 then good for you(yes a 100 pt win is fine with me!!!)
Are you serious? Coach Adams names the score.
TheMasterpiece Wrote:Are you serious? Coach Adams names the score.

Your prolly right, but if it is a blowout. I hope Coach Adams shows a little class and dont try to beat them 40+.

Anyone know what time tipoff is?
7pm
Congrats to a wonderful player and a wonderful girl. She deserves everything she gets. Not many people has worked as hard as her. 1000 points as an 8th grader is crazy. Is she the first person to do that. I have never herd of anyone in the mountains period of doing this. Keep working hard Paige. You are very good and still have the world of potential.