Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top catchers in the 14th
what you think?
Sercy-Hazard
Benedict fom Estill Co.
That was the very two on my mind.
Gus Wise of Lee Coumty
i agree with 2 of those 3 but benedict, got hurt in the last football game of the season and plus last year he proved to me that he had a weak arm but had a HUGE stick backing up freeman in the 4 hole.

Also the kid from LCC has a very strong arm and very good leadership with his team!
Alot of good catchers in the 14th.........All the above mentioned plus smith from lcc.
Oh well he was already mentioned.......didnt see that.
Sercy from Hazard. Benedict struggles with his arm but makes up for it hitting
Smith from LCC.........
smith from lcc
zack mullins - kcc
Hit&Run32 Wrote:i agree with 2 of those 3 but benedict, got hurt in the last football game of the season and plus last year he proved to me that he had a weak arm but had a HUGE stick backing up freeman in the 4 hole.

Also the kid from LCC has a very strong arm and very good leadership with his team!

Benedict is the man. The only time his arm would have looked "weak" last year was when he was trying to throw out people from Harrison, Henry Clay, etc. Those teams were highly athletic and ran against in-experienced Estill pitchers who could not keep them close. And Benedict hits a homerun to put Estill in the semi-finals and to win them the finals of the regional tournament. That's leadership. He performed when it all mattered. Actions speak louder than words sir....
Any word on who will be replacing Gay from PCC?
smith-lcc He has a great leadership, and experience. As a freshman he was the catcher on the 14th region team.
MVP2 Wrote:Any word on who will be replacing Gay from PCC?

I think its Chance Ashworth
I thought Ashworth was the catcher for PCC last year? Didn't Gay play right field?
geauxtigers75 Wrote:I thought Ashworth was the catcher for PCC last year? Didn't Gay play right field?

Thats right Ashworth was the catcher, I thought Gay caught some games tho.
MVP2 Wrote:Thats right Ashworth was the catcher, I thought Gay caught some games tho.

He may have then, I didn't get to see them that much but when I did Ashworth was always catching.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:He may have then, I didn't get to see them that much but when I did Ashworth was always catching.

Roy Gay was left-handed and never caught. Ashworth did all of the catching except when pitching. Taylin Goodson moved to catcher when Chance was on the mound.
TJ Searcy has improved more than any catcher in the 14th. I would have to give him my vote. :1:
Brian Milam Wrote:Roy Gay was left-handed and never caught. Ashworth did all of the catching except when pitching. Taylin Goodson moved to catcher when Chance was on the mound.

Alright, Thanks for clearing that up. Maybe I was thinking Josh Ray, did he catch for them a year or two ago.
MVP2 Wrote:Alright, Thanks for clearing that up. Maybe I was thinking Josh Ray, did he catch for them a year or two ago.

Correct!
i will also have to ad seth adams of kcc trans from jbs may not be one of the top catchers but has an ok arm an a smart player.
squirt2 Wrote:i will also have to ad seth adams of kcc trans from jbs may not be one of the top catchers but has an ok arm an a smart player.

he is not even the best catcher on KCC's team so why would you even mention him?
Searcy and Ashworth
well i would agree KCC catcher but since they only won 2 games last year i dont think that are much to be talking about!