Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ron Blume in the top backs in eastern ky the last 15 years!
MOJO Wrote:Blume unofficially has 122 carries for 1616 yards and 21 TD's. That's an average of 17 cpg, 230 ypg and 3 tdpg. IMHO, that's Mr. Football stats.

Doug Howard finished last year with 198 carries in 15 games, and Jones had approximately 180. That was a 15 game season.

Blume is on track to have more carries than either of these two by game ten.

Just some food for thought.
The list Happy Gilmore posted earlier in this thread is EXACTLY where I would rank my top backs.

The great equalizer when it comes to comparing kids I think lies in Louisville.... for a mountain team to win a state AA title EXCLUSIVELY running says alot. You will find that 90% of Belfry fans says Doug Howard is the best running back to ever come out of Belfry HS... if you consider that he is the only four year starter at RB I can remember. If you look at Doug's number of carries, averge yards per carry, carries per td, then consider the fact he did ALL of this with arguably the best athlete at the University of Kentucky beside him it is unreal. ALSO, consider that Doug is the all-time leading rusher in Belfry history...this is a school who has always (with the exception of the Jonathan Wright era) been a running team. Doug managed to reach this mark while sharing carries his entire career with Jones and before that the previous all-time leading rusher Jonah Caudill. FURTHERMORE, Doug played 99% of the snaps while the varsity played,,,whether it be as one of the top LB's in Belfry history or as a kick returner.
You have made a believer out of me orisonspi!! That's pretty convincing stats to back up you clim. Since I began watching belfry, although it was from another sideline, I have had the upmost respect for the pirates, thier staff and thier players. They always bring a physical smash mouth game to the table and thier fans are loyal and respectful. Good luck to the pirates and I think we'll be seeing them on the carpet this year as well.
Blume has an awesome o-line to run behind..i give the boy credit, he can definitely run the ball good, but i cant say that ive seen a line better then what Central has right now.
what about henson from lynn camp or jarrod lawson from corbin?
ron blume is a great running back with impressive stats but what matters most is if hes still playin in november. does he play defense? how are the other running backs for johnson central?
Teddy Thompson from harlan is still going to be playing in november. mark my words. unless i'm wrong, in that case, forget i said anything
I played against Quinton Henson 3 years in the playoffs and he was a great running back. Some other good RBs that I played against or can remember as being very good RBs in EKY in the past 15 years.
Brent Coleman, Eddie Deramus, J.I Jopin, J.J Bailey, Jonathan Chapman, and Barett Rogers-Pikeville
John Ortega and Matt Slone-Prestonsburg
Howard and Jones-Belfry..I am sure there other good RBs for Belfry and Pburg that I can't remember
Chad Cure-Elkhorn City
Billy Peck-Phelps
Kelly-Middlesboro
Arliss Beech-Ashland
Robbins-Bell County

I'm sure there are many other great RBs that I can't remember. #1 on my list would be Brent Coleman.
blackcat Wrote:Blume is good, but IMO he's not up there with Howard, Jones, Slone, Coleman, etc

I agree