Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
y is magoffin's team so bad at games???
i dont understand why we are such a bad team i mean we got such good players like Jordan Howard, Brandon Shephard, and somemore good players but can some one tell me why we are so bad at game time?????:please:
well it could be a number of things....lack of players has alot to do with it i think...and not that big of linemen....Like I said it could be number of things but I think lack of players is number one.....
Yup...when the team has to play the whole game it makes it REALLY hard :thumb:
Not referring any of these to Magoffin because I'm not aware of the actions of your program now but these are all combinations of possibilities.

1. Lack of players
2. Lack of winning attitude
3. Coaching
4. Off-season conditioning (running and agility) program
5. Off-season workout (weight lifting) program
6. Lack of Size
7. Lack of Speed
8. Lack of raw skill
9. Fundamentals
10. Playcalling
i AGREE with t-68 in reality their is not one true bad team. Only thing that makes a team bad or good is their wanting to play in the games. Take for example when ashland played against ironton they wanted it and that came to a resuly of a last second FG. I do not think magoffin is truly a bad team they just need chemistry of wanting to play their staff is gonna want to have the want to coach not the allright lets go out and play. But overall I think t-68 hit the nail on the head.
Im going to have to agree with t-68 also i think that magoffin thinks well we are going to lose so why even try you know..
I think that if they can get heart and faith that they can win i think that they will win a alot of games yea also we have small players we dont really have that many big boys on our team...

Size, winning attitude and lack of players is our problem i think at the beginning of our year we had alot of players.
Someone mentioned earlier in the year that the hornets didnt have a weight program. That IMO would be the number 1 reason. If this is true. You can be athletic as hell. But if you dont have strength and stamina your going to get pushed all over the football field.
torQQue Wrote:Someone mentioned earlier in the year that the hornets didnt have a weight program. That IMO would be the number 1 reason. If this is true. You can be athletic as hell. But if you dont have strength and stamina your going to get pushed all over the football field.

no weights! :omg:
The number of players has a big affect on a program. It's really hard on schools with a small enrollment. I don't know that enrollment is the problem with MCHS, but their lack of players seems to be. How many of your players are playing both defense and offense? That's hard at any level, especialy when you are playing schools with a lot of playes and a lot of BIG players. I've watched HWMS play this season, their numbers seem to be up. Maybe this will rollover to the HS program and you will see an increase in numbers.

If the prior comment about no weight program at MCHS is correct, then you need to work on that one. I'm not sure what kind of expense is associated with outifitting a weight room but your football boosters (assuming you have one) need to start working on that. Build your program from the ground up. You can't wait until kids are in HS and expect to build a program then. At what age are Magoffin County kids being introduced to football? Good, solid football skills are a must. There is more to football on every level than just hitting hard. You need to see the community/county come together and back you. Sometimes a little moral support can go a long way. I drove through P-burg last week, they were still 0-4 or 0-5; but the community support was still there. I saw at least one sign displayed saying "keep the faith blackcats, we love you".

MCHS, keep your heads up and keep on working. Things will turn around for you. Gather your players, parents, businesses, adminstration and students and start working now. It's never to early to start looking toward the future.

Good Luck Hornets!!
If there isn't a weight program I would contribute that as a number 1 reason as well. A weight lifting program isn't just simply lifting weights. The members of the team come together and really bond and find trust in each other. It gives coaches a chance to evaluate talent as well. It also helps keep your mind set always on football. I think it is hard for high school kids to flip a switch on for football, practice for 5 or so weeks, and then go out to win some serious football games following. Then once they do get that time to evaulate talent, skill, and to bond successfully, the season is nearly over.
Magoffin has had a weight lifting program every year for a little over 4 years. Coach Brown would supervise this but when he resigned thier was noone to supervise and it all started down hill for the hornets.
Well, then it goes back to the will to win. If the players would have had the will, they would have been in the weightroom with or without a coach forcing them to be there
right now our problem is injuries most of the starters are out. but be sure we will be running on all cylinders Against shelby valley
Yea Magoffin needs alot of work. I think they need a feeder program. They need to hit the weights hard to.
Beef Wrote:Well, then it goes back to the will to win. If the players would have had the will, they would have been in the weightroom with or without a coach forcing them to be there

I agree with u 100% i dont think our players do that but they should to be ready for the games and that way they wont have so many injuries....
Personally I think it's because of small numbers and mostly because of the lack of a qualified head coach. The administration in Magoffin needs to step up to the plate and show some support for football at Magoffin County. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the reason that coach Brown left was because of the lack of support in the football program at Magoffin County by the administrators at the high school and at the BoE? If this is the case it's a shame!
If that is true Golden Eagle, it sounds eerily similar to the reason for the departure of TJ Maynard from Greenup County from what I have heard. The kids need the support of the school administartion, BoE, community, and parents.
Golden Eagle Wrote:Personally I think it's because of small numbers and mostly because of the lack of a qualified head coach. The administration in Magoffin needs to step up to the plate and show some support for football at Magoffin County. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the reason that coach Brown left was because of the lack of support in the football program at Magoffin County by the administrators at the high school and at the BoE? If this is the case it's a shame!

Coach Brown left becuase of this very reason, all of his previous assistant coaches except for Greyson Smith, were unpaid and did it just for the love of the game. I'm not sure about Greyson though so don't take that to the bank.
One other reason the Hornets do bad is that they get put down more by people from this county, then they do by people outside the county. Weight program, yeah they need one,a true weight program, but conditioning is something the coach needs to think about also, haven't seen very much this year. and it does take the coach as well as the team to believe in each other and then maybe they will win.
we just dont have enough players right now, thats the immediate problem. But the long term problem is the absence of grade school and pee wee football. Most of the boys dont even know anything at all about football when they get to the high school level so they have to learn the basics then instead of learning them in pee wee like other places around the region.
I dont understand why Magoffin isnt good because they have 700+ students.
Pburg has 632.

Is it just that there boys dont want to play is there know talent there ?
Yea every school has talent just not enough players bcatstudent.......did you see how many players they had last friday like 21 maybe 22.....and NO WEIGHT PROGRAM.....theres another big thing...actually probably the BIGGEST thing
i looked at the roster from last year we had 50 players last year at the start and around 40 at the end and we only lost 7 seniors i think and now we have 18. most of the reason is the players have 2 work and pay for insurance on there cars
Well i hope they get things together in the next couple of years. Good luck on the rest of the season.