Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Miller start?
As good as Darius Miller is, should be get the starting job ahead of Ramone Harris?
I agree that Harris should not be the starter, but I love Miller from the bench. He brings a spark, and when the team needs defense, he is the guy that you turn to in a timeout. I would prefer to see Galloway as the starter since he is a guy that seems to need to be in teh rythem of the game more so than Miller. Miller comes in ready, Galloway tends to struggle getting into the flow. As a starter, you feel the flow from the start because you are a part of it.
Stardust Wrote:I agree that Harris should not be the starter, but I love Miller from the bench. He brings a spark, and when the team needs defense, he is the guy that you turn to in a timeout. I would prefer to see Galloway as the starter since he is a guy that seems to need to be in teh rythem of the game more so than Miller. Miller comes in ready, Galloway tends to struggle getting into the flow. As a starter, you feel the flow from the start because you are a part of it.

I agree.

I wouldn't mind seeing Galloway playing some point guard behind Porter.
IMO Harris isn't that good of a player, but brings size to the Kentucky lineup, I think Miller should get the starting job though. Very good player!
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal
Spartan4Life Wrote:IMO Harris isn't that good of a player, but brings size to the Kentucky lineup, I think Miller should get the starting job though. Very good player!

Harris is not a very good player. He can't dribble, shoot, or finish when he gets to the rim. I think Miller is better than him in every aspect of the game including defense.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I agree.

I wouldn't mind Galloway playing behind Porter at all.

He would do a better job than Liggins is currently doing IMO.
Yea Id say who else has done what hes done this year that does Start.. hes Pretty consistant , but when you train a young dog you pull him off the tree and let the old dogs fight the coon.. That way next time he will be hotter on the track..
Stardust Wrote:I agree that Harris should not be the starter, but I love Miller from the bench. He brings a spark, and when the team needs defense, he is the guy that you turn to in a timeout. I would prefer to see Galloway as the starter since he is a guy that seems to need to be in teh rythem of the game more so than Miller. Miller comes in ready, Galloway tends to struggle getting into the flow. As a starter, you feel the flow from the start because you are a part of it.

Great post! I agree 100%
If he keeps it up then he should start.
Miller breakout game will give him some much needed confidence.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Miller breakout game will give him some much needed confidence.

Yes, Miller has needed some confidence. He's starting to look comfortable out there. And that's great for Kentucky!

I agree,but think he needs work on the defensive side of the game. He looks really good on offense.
sstack Wrote:I agree,but think he needs work on the defensive side of the game. He looks really good on offense.

I think that is why I tend to brining Miller off the bench. Galloway does struggle with his defense. If he is not playing week, you know you can bring Miller in to give you what every you need - Offense/Defense.

i agree 100%
Miller has turned into one heck of a Freshman.
I think he plays well off the bench, he's good enough to start anywhere in the country when he plays with confidence.
Warriors23RJ Wrote:I think he plays well off the bench, he's good enough to start anywhere in the country when he plays with confidence.

Yep, you can mold a good player, but you can't teach the athleticism he has at that size, that's just natural.
Warriors23RJ Wrote:I think he plays well off the bench, he's good enough to start anywhere in the country when he plays with confidence.

Very good points
Miller is a potential scoring threat, and his defense is getting better...
Harris is not an offensive threat of any kind, but plays good defense...
I believe I would rather have Miller starting to get more points on the scoreboard..
If nothing else he needs to be in there early if he comes off the bench.
If he keeps it up, yes
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I agree.

AGREE
I think he will!
I think Miller should start over Harris. I would also like to see Liggins and Galloway get more minutes then they are.
CONFIDENCE IS THE KEY and when he starts for some reason he didnt fo as good but he is good off the bench
lickbranchlegend Wrote:I think Miller should start over Harris. I would also like to see Liggins and Galloway get more minutes then they are.

Liggins needs to slow down. He turns the ball over too much. He needs to take his time and read the court before he does anything.
No. I don't think Miller should start......YET. I need to see more from him. If he develops into a 3rd consistent scoring threat, UK could go very far this season.
i'd like to see porter out of the line up, and someone else running the point. but it cant happen cuz no one else can. im tired of porter turning the ball over. he turns it over wayyyyyy too much. i'd like to see anyone come in the starting line up for porter. i'd let harris,liggins,galloway, run it. porter needs a long sit on the bench to show him the turnovers are really getting old. but yeah on miller, he should deff. start. i dont think he has been playing up to his potential, he doesn't try to score and doesn't like to shoot alot. i'd like to see him try to get to the rim and start scoring alot more. it would deff. help the cats to have someone else other then patterson and meeks that can put points on the board.
Darius Miller is a wonderful ball player and works very hard. He always come off the bench hard. I think he should start.
memphistiger Wrote:i'd like to see porter out of the line up, and someone else running the point. but it cant happen cuz no one else can. im tired of porter turning the ball over. he turns it over wayyyyyy too much. i'd like to see anyone come in the starting line up for porter. i'd let harris,liggins,galloway, run it. porter needs a long sit on the bench to show him the turnovers are really getting old. but yeah on miller, he should deff. start. i dont think he has been playing up to his potential, he doesn't try to score and doesn't like to shoot alot. i'd like to see him try to get to the rim and start scoring alot more. it would deff. help the cats to have someone else other then patterson and meeks that can put points on the board.

Not happening this year, If you don't want turnovers, you didn't put names on your list that are going to lesson that. Besides, Harris is not a PG - Liggins is a default PG, and Galloway is a 3. You can no more expect that they can play PG as you can them playing the Center position