Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central vs. Estill County
Just wanted ever one know Kenton Roberts and the Estill Co team is on the way back from Jackson were he spent 5 hours in the ER after being sucker punch by a Central player. Thank ever one for your concern for Kenton now lets stand together and make sure this kids never gets to play high school basketball again. For all that saw this what do you think?
Like I said in the other thread....Glad to hear the boy is ok but...a sucker punch is when you don't see it coming. This Roberts kid seen it coming right after the slap he threw Welch.
Both players were in the wrong jawing and what have you but the player from JC for sure went too far. I didn't see the "slap" you speak of though.
Gossimer Wump Wrote:Both players were in the wrong jawing and what have you but the player from JC for sure went too far. I didn't see the "slap" you speak of though.

Was you even watching the two before Roberts hit the floor?
Ok, lets see. I am a fan from another school with absolutely no dog in the fight. I see this because the Estill game lasts longer than I thought. I am a Lee county fan and so, I have no reason to be bias toward either school. In fact Estill is a rival shcool and district compeititor. I saw the whole thing unfold, and unlike you, I have no reason to see this one-sided or allegiance to either team.
no one saw a slap and i know that Kentgon is a clean player and was suckered punched and i hope they sue the school the coach and the parents for this .
What exactly happend? Any ejections?
courtdog Wrote:i hope they sue the school the coach and the parents for this .

Thats a little much to sue the parents. It was a bonehead move that I hope costs this kid the season, but lets not get carried away.
How Are You Going To Stop Stuff Like This?
Eagle_Fan442 Wrote:Like I said in the other thread....Glad to hear the boy is ok but...a sucker punch is when you don't see it coming. This Roberts kid seen it coming right after the slap he threw Welch.

I was not at the game and was listening on the radio. I have never known of Ian to have any problems on the court. He is one tough player. This behavior is not to be condoned, but I am sure when the smoke settles it was a two sided deal. How did Mike Conley get thrown out and why did two from Estill players get thrown out? Did the kid that got hit get thrown out? Sound like the refs let this one get out of hand!
Eagle_Fan442 Wrote:Was you even watching the two before Roberts hit the floor?
That was a sucker punch. Kenton was not even looking. There was nothing but a frustrated player assaulting a young man when he wasn't looking. Kenton got punched three or four times by Johnson Central players after the punch. He has a concussion and a possible fractured cheekbone as well as damage to his sinus cavities.

Anyone who says that Roberts or Estill was in the wrong are Liars. Period end of story.

Moderators please close this thread because there is a pending investigation and assault charges.
Express Wrote:That was a sucker punch. Kenton was not even looking. There was nothing but a frustrated player assaulting a young man when he wasn't looking. Kenton got punched three or four times by Johnson Central players after the punch. He has a concussion and a possible fractured cheekbone as well as damage to his sinus cavities.

Anyone who says that Roberts or Estill was in the wrong are Liars. Period end of story.

Moderators please close this thread because there is a pending investigation and assault charges.

Get the game film...should show you exactly what happened....
Eagle_Fan442 Wrote:Get the game film...should show you exactly what happened....
Please send it.
Express Wrote:That was a sucker punch. Kenton was not even looking. There was nothing but a frustrated player assaulting a young man when he wasn't looking. Kenton got punched three or four times by Johnson Central players after the punch. He has a concussion and a possible fractured cheekbone as well as damage to his sinus cavities.

Are their any JC fans on here, seems we are getting one side? If the JC kids are at fault, why did two from Estill get thrown out too? I know the JC kids and this is not their style, has to be more to the story.

I guess your saying that Estill played a clean game and did nothing in the wrong. I think when this is said and done that this is more than just one punch that happened. I was not at the game but someone with a lot of information told me that the kid slapped Ian and Ian responded. But this came after Parker was clobbered on the other end with no call. Who were the refs that let this game get out of hand? Maybe they can get sued as well.Rolleyes I hope the kid is ok but to say this is one sided is ridiculous.
Eagle Eye Wrote:I guess your saying that Estill played a clean game and did nothing in the wrong. I think when this is said and done that this is more than just one punch that happened. I was not at the game but someone with a lot of information told me that the kid slapped Ian and Ian responded. But this came after Parker was clobbered on the other end with no call. Who were the refs that let this game get out of hand? Maybe they can get sued as well.Rolleyes I hope the kid is ok but to say this is one sided is ridiculous.

This is starting to sound more like it. I also heard that it was a rough game with alot of jawing and our kids took some hard hits too! I hope the kid is ok too, but if he threw the first hit, maybe he and his parents could be sued too!
Eagle Eye Wrote:I guess your saying that Estill played a clean game and did nothing in the wrong. I think when this is said and done that this is more than just one punch that happened. I was not at the game but someone with a lot of information told me that the kid slapped Ian and Ian responded. But this came after Parker was clobbered on the other end with no call. Who were the refs that let this game get out of hand? Maybe they can get sued as well.Rolleyes I hope the kid is ok but to say this is one sided is ridiculous.
What is ridiculous is to say that even if it was a physical game...that throwing a punch is ever condoned in a basketball game.
Refs let it get completely out of hand. It wasn't just 2 kids brawling , it was both teams.
Express Wrote:What is ridiculous is to say that even if it was a physical game...that throwing a punch is ever condoned in a basketball game.

What about slapping someone? When the smokle settles I will say the KHSAA will give everyone a one game suspension and that will be the end of it.
Express Wrote:What is ridiculous is to say that even if it was a physical game...that throwing a punch is ever condoned in a basketball game.

That is exactly right. When a kid throws a punch or a slap then the other kid usually responds maybe not the right way but responds.
it was not two kids brawling it was two teams trying to win a tight and a jc player just suckered puncher Roberts that it thats the way it was he was not even looking get your facts stright.
MonsterMan Wrote:What about slapping someone? When the smokle settles I will say the KHSAA will give everyone a one game suspension and that will be the end of it.

Who won the game. No score is posted.

I would say they will get more than one game suspension. You get a one game suspension for getting two technical fouls without punching someone.
courtdog Wrote:it was not two kids brawling it was two teams trying to win a tight and a jc player just suckered puncher Roberts that it thats the way it was he was not even looking get your facts stright.

o, if we are going to be suing people over this, I guess everyone better be 100% sure on reporting FACTs or they could be sued for slander!!:dontthink
Wasn't @ the game, don't know who was at fault. If there is a suit pending, we better think before starting threads to hang a high school student.
Eagle_Fan442 Wrote:Get the game film...should show you exactly what happened....

Great post! Let the KHSAA review the film, which they will, and they will sort this out. Too many people on here with too much emotions trying to trash a great young man and outstanding player. this is not his style, something happened. Nothing that is said on here will count in the final decision.

I hope the KHSAA reviews the film for the refs too. Does anyone know where they were from? Were they from the 14th? This could explain alot.
If J.C had any kinda coach with any class the khass would not have to get involved he would kick him of the team and be done with it. Sucker punches has no place in high school sports.
Assalt charges. That is one of the most stupid posts that I have ever heard. I guess Welch could press charges against Crowe for the attack of Welch. Oh I forgot Estill didn't anything wrong. Go take a look at the slap on film, oh yeah you don't film your games. Nice classy booing by the Lee County bunch of two high school players.
OutsideLogic Wrote:Assalt charges. That is one of the most stupid posts that I have ever heard. I guess Welch could press charges against Crowe for the attack of Welch. Oh I forgot Estill didn't anything wrong. Go take a look at the slap on film, oh yeah you don't film your games. Nice classy booing by the Lee County bunch of two high school players.

have you lost your mine boy what did Lee Co have to do with this?
courtdog Wrote:If J.C had any kinda coach with any class the khass would not have to get involved he would kick him of the team and be done with it. Sucker punches has no place in high school sports.

You want to bring our Coach in this now?....He handled the situation with as much class as the other coach.....Somebody slaps me, I am going to slap back...how about you?
Despite what anyone may think of Ian Welch, I am somewhat surprised that he would throw a punch in a game period. It isn't his style. So while I don't condone what he did, if that is what happened, I would almost guarantee that there has to be a whole lot more to this than that. I know for a fact that Ian Welch has been knocked around a lot in some games and he has never thrown any punches before that I am aware of. So there must be more to this. As to suspensions, I'm sure they will get 2 games and that is probably it. Same as fighting.

As for blame, no matter what happened, it is the refs fault for letting players get to this point. I'm sure that none of these players from either team came out from the beginning with the intent of hitting another player. So this is likely because of things that had built up over the game and the refs dropped the ball.

Hopefully everyone can learn from this game. And Courtdog, the way you stop this sort of thing is suspensions! Kids learn that there are consequences to their actions. And sometimes they also learn that jawing isn't a necessary part of basketball and can escalate into other things!!
i dont know no one has ever slap me and i dont think any one was slaped today there a a diff in slap and a sucker punch and i dont know why ever one is protecting a coward act like this one today to sucker punch a kid that was not even looking. so have ypu ever slaped anyone that was not looking at you and if so what do you call it?