Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Channing Fugate Breathitt County
Has anyone heard that these schools have shown an intrest in Fugate, Ohio University, Ohio State, Colorado and Boise State?
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:Has anyone heard that these schools have shown an intrest in Fugate, Ohio University, Ohio State, Colorado and Boise State?

I am sure Fugate will play some college ball. What level not sure? I would think if he is going Div. 1 they would have already made an offer. Would be a shame that a kid of his talent would not play Div. 1 ball.
Isn't he only a Jr. right now?
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:Isn't he only a Jr. right now?

Yes he is only a Jr. but if a kid is Div. 1 he would have been offered by now unless schools just don't know about him. I hope he has got the offer. I would love to see him play at the next level.
Most players are not offered a scholarship until the summer before their senior season.

If Channing goes to some camps this summer then I'm sure that's when he will get his chance to receive some scholarship offers.
Ohio State? Thats a little far-fetched I think...
Channing has had a few schools come and watch him play or request game film of him. As far as I know he has received some letters from some big time schools.
Jshort5 Wrote:Ohio State? Thats a little far-fetched I think...

Not really. When you put your name out there your going to receive letters from some big schools, but that doesn't meant that they are going to offer you a scholarship.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Not really. When you put your name out there your going to receive letters from some big schools, but that doesn't meant that they are going to offer you a scholarship.

You beat me to the point, but you are exactly right. You will get more letters than offers.
Ohio State has a great camp maybe Fugate is going there to show his skills.
Dont know of any offers but Purdue,Western Kentucky,Louisville just a few thats shown intrest.
Will someone post the highlight film from this year of Channing on here? It is on youtube. I would do it, but i have no clue how to.
Thanks PC.
Just copy the link on youtube and paste it, QQ has set the site up to embed the video on it's own.
I think he will be the best RB in the state next year...He has Size,Speed,Moves,Great Vision...I cant wait to see him play college football somewhere
Channing's family and coaching staff had better get to serious work right now if they want to enhance the chance sof him going High D-1. I don't see any profiles on him on the major recruiting boards yet. Additionally, this is the summer he needs to attack the camp circuit whether it be Nike Combines, Rivals, etc...

I honestly think Channing's speed will prohibit him from garnering offers as a HB.. but if he can showcase his skills and athleticism on the defensive side of the ball i could very easily see him becoming a hot commodity come late next season.
I agree the camy circut is a must for him.The more the better.
If he opts not to camp he will most likely end up NAIA OR D-3.
FYI, This is Rob Gidel of Kentucky Sports Radio's Pre-Season Class of 2010 Rankings:

1. Tim Patterson - LB 6′5 235 - Louisville/Central HS
If you don’t already know, he’s probably the best recruit to come out of the state since Micah. Not much needs to be said about Patterson other then he’s simply heads and shoulders the best prospect in the state and maybe a four or five star recruit.

2. Miles Simpson - RB 6′2 195 - Independence/Simon Kenton HS
He had an unbelievable year this past season literally carrying his team to the 6A state finals on his back. Simpson has decent speed and could make a move to defensive back at the next level if things don’t work out at running back. Has offers from Kentucky and Louisville.

3. Austin Collinsworth - WR/S 6′1 180 - Fort Thomas/Highlands HS
The son of the great Chris Collinsworth, who starred at the University of Florida and for many years in the NFL. Chris’ allegiences to Florida will matter little, as his mother is a former UK cheerleader. Austin is a smart, heady football player who finds ways to make plays. Versatility could give him a look at safety at the next level. Already has an offer from Kentucky.

4. Tate Nichols - TE 6′7 225 - Union/Ryle HS
Good offers are already on the table for this huge tight end who could eventually get moved to offensive line. Certainly got the frame work to put on some weight. Needs to improve his foot work, but at 6-7, that can be overlooked.

5. Stephen Robinson - WR 5′9 165 - Louisville/Central HS
Louisville and Illinois already offered him. He’s a deep threat receiver, but a little on the small side. Regardless, teams will offer Robinson just for the simple sake in getting an in-house ear to Patterson. Robinson could help out at defensive back or kick returner for someone at the next level.

6. Antonio Andrews - QB/WR/CB 6′0 175 - Fort Campbell/HS
I watched Andrews do everything but mow the grass in a dominating performance against Fort Knox. I don’t know where he’ll play at the next level, as he’s currently a quarterback, or if he’ll get a strong look because of his size, but there is zero doubt this kid is a football player. Poor competition might hurt him in 2A, but he had over 370 all-purpose yards in the championship game for crying out loud.

7. Quan Weaver - RB/CB 5′11 175 - Frankfort/HS
Banks or Weaver could go in this spot. I think Weaver’s faster, so I’ll hold him here. He was MVP of his county this past year and ran for over 2,000 yards for the Panthers. He runs a 4.4 forty and I believe around an 11-flat in the 100-meter. Much like EJ Fields, he’s got the track mentality at times on the football field and tries to burn everyone. He’s raw, but another nice looking athlete for someone to play around with.

8. Kevin Connaughton - OL, 6′4, 265 - Covington/Catholic
Kevin was pretty darn good at the Scout combine winning underclassman honors for his efforts. I’m not sure how his height will effect him, but he’s one to watch.

9. Tyrrell Willis - RB/LB 6-3, 235 - Murray/Calloway County
Consider me biased as I watched him plow through the record books the past two years. He’s got a chance with his size to make a play for one of the top spots in the state. I’m surprised he doesn’t get more consideration for Mr. Football. Reminds me of Eric Shelton.

10. Troy Turner - RB/LB 6′0 200 - Fort Campbell/HS
Production wide, he’s right up there with other backs in the state and he’s a perfect compliment in the backfield to Andrews, but he has the same issues as everyone else with where he plays at the next level. He seems to run well with his weight, so the idea of moving him to linebacker might be a possibility.

11. VaShun Banks - RB/CB 5′11 171 - Hopkinsville/Christian Co
He ran for over 1,000 yards and 16 touchdowns as a junior and has some breakaway speed despite still learning how to run with the football. Could probably make the transition to corner at the next level. Very similar to other athletes that have come out of this region in the past. Very speedy guy who makes people miss.

12. Jermiah Neal - RB 5′10 185 Louisville/St. Xavier
Neal got some playing time and impressed after Deuce Finchwent down with an injury early on in the season and Coach Glaser wanted to save his horses for the playoff stretch. Neal picked up the slack. Track kid that will run well this summer.

13. Harris Biven - OL, 6′3, 285 - Owensboro/Apollo
Hard to overlook Biven because he’s such a big kid. I wonder how much he’ll grow, if anything, and how serious some of the attention he’s getting is, though.

14. Brandon Roller - LB 6-2, 225 - Fort Thomas/Highlands
This kid is a just a flat-out football player. Hits like a truck. You simply cannot overlook his production as a football player the past two years. He’s been one of the best linebackers in the state every single season and has different game speed. I don’t know if he’s UK material, but someone will get a good one.

15. Charles Quainoo - RB, 5′11, 175 - Florence/Boone Co.
From Shawn Alexander’s neck of the wood, Quainoo ripped through Kentucky HS last year, but he has to get his speed up if he wants to become an elite prospect. He’s already getting interest from a ton of schools.
————————————————————–
Aaron Watts - RB/WR/CB 6-2, 175 - Stearns/McCreary Central
Jacob Russell - QB, 6′4, 225 - Lawrenceburg/Anderson Co.
Eric Shaw - CB, 5′9, 175 - Lexington/Lafayette HS
Tyler Grubbs - OL/DL 6′6 285 - Fort Thomas/Highlands
Channing Fugate - RB/LB, 6′2, 225 - Jackson/Breathitt Co.
Mason Kelly - OL/DL, 6′3, 285 - Louisville/Bullitt East HS
Dominique Hayden - RB, 5-8, 220 - Lexington/Christian HS
Neil Wilson - WR, 6-2, 225 - Tompkinsville/Monroe County
Bryan Hynes - OL 6′6, 260 - Louisville/Fern Creek HS
Aaron Nance - WR, 6-4, 195 - Louisville/Seneca
Ryan Moses - QB, 6′4, 235 - /Williamsburg

http://www.kentuckysportsradio.com
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:I agree the camy circut is a must for him.The more the better.
If he opts not to camp he will most likely end up NAIA OR D-3.

Unfortunately, I agree. I could see WKU offering, considering that is where Haddix played though.

Getting noticed is what it is all about in D-1 recruiting.

I have no doubt in my mind that if he can camp and improve his speed a bit that this kid can't end up at a MAC school or much better.
Channing would be a better fit for a college team at LB reather than RB, that is if he does improve on his under 4.5 speed.
rich rodriguez up at michigan needs to be looking at this kid! I mean breathitt runs the same exat kind of offense as rich rod. Man I wish WVU could be looking at this kid to, even though im a belfry fan i sure would like to have him for my mountainers
C.Clair Wrote:Channing would be a better fit for a college team at LB reather than RB, that is if he does improve on his under 4.5 speed.

Fugate is a good high school football player and I wish him the best but getting on here and saying the kid runs a 4.5 is not helping him get a Div.1 offer. The kid at best runs a 4.8 and that is not faster enough to play running back or LB in Div. 1 football. I think the Kid would make a 5 technique DE at the Div 1. level. He could put on about 30 or 40 pounds with no problem.
Fugate is listed as a 4.7 forty time

Ohio State signed a lb who has a 4.71 forty time.

LSU AND BAMA both have signed LB with 4.6 plus times

Georgia has a LB listed at 4.6

My point is he can play lb at 4.7 speed but improving the time would help.

With his size and 4.7 time fullback would fit.

Ohio State just signed a rb who is about the same size with a 4.7 40 time.
Csportsman11 Wrote:Dont know of any offers but Purdue,Western Kentucky,Louisville just a few thats shown intrest.

Love to see him at UK or Purdue
EKUAlum05 Wrote:FYI, This is Rob Gidel of Kentucky Sports Radio's Pre-Season Class of 2010 Rankings:

1. Tim Patterson - LB 6′5 235 - Louisville/Central HS
If you don’t already know, he’s probably the best recruit to come out of the state since Micah. Not much needs to be said about Patterson other then he’s simply heads and shoulders the best prospect in the state and maybe a four or five star recruit.

2. Miles Simpson - RB 6′2 195 - Independence/Simon Kenton HS
He had an unbelievable year this past season literally carrying his team to the 6A state finals on his back. Simpson has decent speed and could make a move to defensive back at the next level if things don’t work out at running back. Has offers from Kentucky and Louisville.

3. Austin Collinsworth - WR/S 6′1 180 - Fort Thomas/Highlands HS
The son of the great Chris Collinsworth, who starred at the University of Florida and for many years in the NFL. Chris’ allegiences to Florida will matter little, as his mother is a former UK cheerleader. Austin is a smart, heady football player who finds ways to make plays. Versatility could give him a look at safety at the next level. Already has an offer from Kentucky.

4. Tate Nichols - TE 6′7 225 - Union/Ryle HS
Good offers are already on the table for this huge tight end who could eventually get moved to offensive line. Certainly got the frame work to put on some weight. Needs to improve his foot work, but at 6-7, that can be overlooked.

5. Stephen Robinson - WR 5′9 165 - Louisville/Central HS
Louisville and Illinois already offered him. He’s a deep threat receiver, but a little on the small side. Regardless, teams will offer Robinson just for the simple sake in getting an in-house ear to Patterson. Robinson could help out at defensive back or kick returner for someone at the next level.

6. Antonio Andrews - QB/WR/CB 6′0 175 - Fort Campbell/HS
I watched Andrews do everything but mow the grass in a dominating performance against Fort Knox. I don’t know where he’ll play at the next level, as he’s currently a quarterback, or if he’ll get a strong look because of his size, but there is zero doubt this kid is a football player. Poor competition might hurt him in 2A, but he had over 370 all-purpose yards in the championship game for crying out loud.

7. Quan Weaver - RB/CB 5′11 175 - Frankfort/HS
Banks or Weaver could go in this spot. I think Weaver’s faster, so I’ll hold him here. He was MVP of his county this past year and ran for over 2,000 yards for the Panthers. He runs a 4.4 forty and I believe around an 11-flat in the 100-meter. Much like EJ Fields, he’s got the track mentality at times on the football field and tries to burn everyone. He’s raw, but another nice looking athlete for someone to play around with.

8. Kevin Connaughton - OL, 6′4, 265 - Covington/Catholic
Kevin was pretty darn good at the Scout combine winning underclassman honors for his efforts. I’m not sure how his height will effect him, but he’s one to watch.

9. Tyrrell Willis - RB/LB 6-3, 235 - Murray/Calloway County
Consider me biased as I watched him plow through the record books the past two years. He’s got a chance with his size to make a play for one of the top spots in the state. I’m surprised he doesn’t get more consideration for Mr. Football. Reminds me of Eric Shelton.

10. Troy Turner - RB/LB 6′0 200 - Fort Campbell/HS
Production wide, he’s right up there with other backs in the state and he’s a perfect compliment in the backfield to Andrews, but he has the same issues as everyone else with where he plays at the next level. He seems to run well with his weight, so the idea of moving him to linebacker might be a possibility.

11. VaShun Banks - RB/CB 5′11 171 - Hopkinsville/Christian Co
He ran for over 1,000 yards and 16 touchdowns as a junior and has some breakaway speed despite still learning how to run with the football. Could probably make the transition to corner at the next level. Very similar to other athletes that have come out of this region in the past. Very speedy guy who makes people miss.

12. Jermiah Neal - RB 5′10 185 Louisville/St. Xavier
Neal got some playing time and impressed after Deuce Finchwent down with an injury early on in the season and Coach Glaser wanted to save his horses for the playoff stretch. Neal picked up the slack. Track kid that will run well this summer.

13. Harris Biven - OL, 6′3, 285 - Owensboro/Apollo
Hard to overlook Biven because he’s such a big kid. I wonder how much he’ll grow, if anything, and how serious some of the attention he’s getting is, though.

14. Brandon Roller - LB 6-2, 225 - Fort Thomas/Highlands
This kid is a just a flat-out football player. Hits like a truck. You simply cannot overlook his production as a football player the past two years. He’s been one of the best linebackers in the state every single season and has different game speed. I don’t know if he’s UK material, but someone will get a good one.

15. Charles Quainoo - RB, 5′11, 175 - Florence/Boone Co.
From Shawn Alexander’s neck of the wood, Quainoo ripped through Kentucky HS last year, but he has to get his speed up if he wants to become an elite prospect. He’s already getting interest from a ton of schools.
————————————————————–
Aaron Watts - RB/WR/CB 6-2, 175 - Stearns/McCreary Central
Jacob Russell - QB, 6′4, 225 - Lawrenceburg/Anderson Co.
Eric Shaw - CB, 5′9, 175 - Lexington/Lafayette HS
Tyler Grubbs - OL/DL 6′6 285 - Fort Thomas/Highlands
Channing Fugate - RB/LB, 6′2, 225 - Jackson/Breathitt Co.
Mason Kelly - OL/DL, 6′3, 285 - Louisville/Bullitt East HS
Dominique Hayden - RB, 5-8, 220 - Lexington/Christian HS
Neil Wilson - WR, 6-2, 225 - Tompkinsville/Monroe County
Bryan Hynes - OL 6′6, 260 - Louisville/Fern Creek HS
Aaron Nance - WR, 6-4, 195 - Louisville/Seneca
Ryan Moses - QB, 6′4, 235 - /Williamsburg

http://www.kentuckysportsradio.com

One mans opinion is all this is.He will jump on the Big Horse band wagon.
Pond creek nation Wrote:rich rodriguez up at michigan needs to be looking at this kid! I mean breathitt runs the same exat kind of offense as rich rod. Man I wish WVU could be looking at this kid to, even though im a belfry fan i sure would like to have him for my mountainers

They do not run the same offense. Also with a guy like Mcguffie Rich Rod has his guy.

Considering he played against 3D1 players against Central the speed does not seem to be that big of a deal. Not sure if he could be a the main back at larger schools.
He will get a better offer, but we need an athlete like him at Campbellsville University....lol
Twitter: @tc_analytics

NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:Fugate is listed as a 4.7 forty time

Ohio State signed a lb who has a 4.71 forty time.

LSU AND BAMA both have signed LB with 4.6 plus times

Georgia has a LB listed at 4.6

My point is he can play lb at 4.7 speed but improving the time would help.

With his size and 4.7 time fullback would fit.

Ohio State just signed a rb who is about the same size with a 4.7 40 time.
Very good point....I am sure that he will improve his quickness and agility over the offseason. Big difference between a junior and a senior as far as physical and mental maturation. I hope he gets an offer somewhere, how are his grades?

barrel Wrote:They do not run the same offense. Also with a guy like Mcguffie Rich Rod has his guy.

Considering he played against 3D1 players against Central the speed does not seem to be that big of a deal. Not sure if he could be a the main back at larger schools.
Do not forget that Central keyed on him and he still had 170+ total yards.....It is hard enough to get that many yards if a team is not keying on you, but it is impressive to get those numbers against a team like Belfry and Central that know that he is just about the only kid that they need to focus on...