Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike County Central Girls
What is going on at Pike County Central? They are not winning ball games this year. They have a lot of talent still. Coming from the two years they had in the past untill now. What is going on/.:confused:
Defense
I have to agreed with If....Then. These girls are use to being all over the ball. Now there is NO ball pressure at all. All they seem to play now is zone, which was something they are not use to. They just seem to set back in a zone and wait and wait and wait. There is never full court pressure applied until the last quarter and then only for like the last two or three minutes. I just think they need to get back to playing a faster pace game.
Thank your local board member and superintendent for what is happening at PC. You had a great coach but because he was an EM fan he was let go. It's hard for me to believe the BOE motto of "nothing but the kids". The decision they are make are not based on what's best for the kids. Also, I think it is time for your principal to stand up for what it right. Coaching is a principal decision.

fan in the stands Wrote:I have to agreed with If....Then. These girls are use to being all over the ball. Now there is NO ball pressure at all. All they seem to play now is zone, which was something they are not use to. They just seem to set back in a zone and wait and wait and wait. There is never full court pressure applied until the last quarter and then only for like the last two or three minutes. I just think they need to get back to playing a faster pace game.
the problem is the refs i have been to every PC game and the only games that they have lost is JOHNSON CENTRAL,CLARKRANGE,TN, NORTH HARDIN, AND CLAY CO. the rest they have been cheated pure and simple i don't like blaming refs but i call a spade a spade.
rallo316 Wrote:the problem is the refs i have been to every PC game and the only games that they have lost is JOHNSON CENTRAL,CLARKRANGE,TN, NORTH HARDIN, AND CLAY CO. the rest they have been cheated pure and simple i don't like blaming refs but i call a spade a spade.

WOW is all I have to say about that...........
NEXT Wrote:WOW is all I have to say about that...........
come to d**n game you will see it and it don't matter if it is home or away.
Harris knees surgery and Thompsons current ACL injury have hampered PC. I think the big factor is they miss the "go to" scorer who can bail you out when everything breaks down. They could have it in A.D. Slone but they struggle with entering the ball to her. Referees stink all over the region. They don't cheat they just stink !!
I don't think Harris knee injury has been a factor. Just look at her stats. aver. 15 points per game. I do however think that Thompson being out as been a factor. Hopefully she will be back in the game sometime this week or next. These girls just need to get the fire back in their play. Sat. game with Bourbon county I think we saw that spark we hadn't seen in a while. Coleman and Pennington both had good games along with Slone and Harris. Don't rule PC out just yet. Tournment time anything can happen.
rallo316 Wrote:the problem is the refs i have been to every PC game and the only games that they have lost is JOHNSON CENTRAL,CLARKRANGE,TN, NORTH HARDIN, AND CLAY CO. the rest they have been cheated pure and simple i don't like blaming refs but i call a spade a spade.

OH my coach - I would have come up with a better excuse than that -

:eek:
Salimander Wrote:Referees stink all over the region. They don't cheat they just stink !!

Very true...I agree 100%!
BleedsBlue Wrote:OH my coach - I would have come up with a better excuse than that -

:eek:
i am not a coach i am a PC fan who is fed up with the refs in this region and it is not an excuse come to a game and watch.
Refs have always been inconsistant - I am not saying they aren't and I also am not insinuating that SOME (not ALL) games aren't changed because of refs but I don't however think I'd use the refs as the ONLY excuse for what is going on with PC this year.......
catfanatic Wrote:Thank your local board member and superintendent for what is happening at PC. You had a great coach but because he was an EM fan he was let go. It's hard for me to believe the BOE motto of "nothing but the kids". The decision they are make are not based on what's best for the kids. Also, I think it is time for your principal to stand up for what it right. Coaching is a principal decision.

wasnt right when it was done to Tussey either, just an FYI. WIth the addition of that Butcher was 90% gone any how due to his wife losing her job. If I was you I wouldnt place much blame on David Rowe, trust me he did not want Butcher to leave with my past converstaions with him. Just another addition here since we are talking about how great he was. Yes he did take those girls to three staright regional chamionships, but lets make this aware to he only won one game. Not to mention Tussey had made the previous 3 before him and won one as well. Now the argument is going to be made as well that he led them to the final four of the state tournament. However, lets make this aware to those girls out on the floor did not need much coaching considering they had played together their enitre lifes. Now im not taking anything way from Butcher he was a great guy and a pretty good coach. However, the fact of how he coached during the regional tournament last season not making any adjustments really made me question how GREAT he really was. Then I look at his record this year, yes he has a youthful team, however he is still in the same situation he had at Pike Central those girls are very talented and have played together just as long. However, his record does not mirror his past achievements. Dont kill me BleedsBlue.

Now for what is wrong with them at this very moment. through out these girls carriers they have for the most part been in the shadows of Lowe and Ratliff, not to mention the great talent while they were freshman and grade schoolers. Now it is them, they do not have that outside threat now since Kayla Ratliff transfered and Haleys graduation two years ago. They now mainly rely on AD down low in which teams can key on and double down on her. Gary is a young coach and he is working on his coaching skills as the season goes along just as the girls are learning his system. It is going to take more than likely untill the end of regular season for this bunch to start clicking on all cyclinders. Dont count them out come March because they could up set any team in this region. Right now these girls and Gary just need the PC communities support, encourgament through words and gift bags and such to show that we all believe in them. Show them that we love this team and this school. We are all one and we need to stop pointing fingers, we are stronger in numbers the fans help strengthen the foundation. BELIEVE IN GARY AND BELIEVE IN THE GIRLS!!!!!!!!!
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:wasnt right when it was done to Tussey either, just an FYI. WIth the addition of that Butcher was 90% gone any how due to his wife losing her job. If I was you I wouldnt place much blame on David Rowe, trust me he did not want Butcher to leave with my past converstaions with him. Just another addition here since we are talking about how great he was. Yes he did take those girls to three staright regional chamionships, but lets make this aware to he only won one game. Not to mention Tussey had made the previous 3 before him and won one as well. Now the argument is going to be made as well that he led them to the final four of the state tournament. However, lets make this aware to those girls out on the floor did not need much coaching considering they had played together their enitre lifes. Now im not taking anything way from Butcher he was a great guy and a pretty good coach. However, the fact of how he coached during the regional tournament last season not making any adjustments really made me question how GREAT he really was. Then I look at his record this year, yes he has a youthful team, however he is still in the same situation he had at Pike Central those girls are very talented and have played together just as long. However, his record does not mirror his past achievements. Dont kill me BleedsBlue.

Now for what is wrong with them at this very moment. through out these girls carriers they have for the most part been in the shadows of Lowe and Ratliff, not to mention the great talent while they were freshman and grade schoolers. Now it is them, they do not have that outside threat now since Kayla Ratliff transfered and Haleys graduation two years ago. They now mainly rely on AD down low in which teams can key on and double down on her. Gary is a young coach and he is working on his coaching skills as the season goes along just as the girls are learning his system. It is going to take more than likely untill the end of regular season for this bunch to start clicking on all cyclinders. Dont count them out come March because they could up set any team in this region. Right now these girls and Gary just need the PC communities support, encourgament through words and gift bags and such to show that we all believe in them. Show them that we love this team and this school. We are all one and we need to stop pointing fingers, we are stronger in numbers the fans help strengthen the foundation. BELIEVE IN GARY AND BELIEVE IN THE GIRLS!!!!!!!!!

You make several good points. Just because Tussey was done wrong, does that mean it's ok for Butcher to be done the same way? At what point does it stop and the best interest of the kids is taken into consideration? It's hard for me to believe that your principal believes that it is best for the kids to get rid of Butcher, to get rid of McNamee, to get rid of Birchfield, and rumor has it that Thompson's job (the person who Rowe groomed for the job) is in jeopardy. Why would you not place much blame on him? The hiring and firing of coaches is a Principal decision. Period. If he didn't want Buthcer to leave, and Butcher didn't want to leave, did he succumb to politics? If so, that's not best for the kids is it? We need leadership in our schools that do the right things, not the politically right things.
catfanatic Wrote:You make several good points. Just because Tussey was done wrong, does that mean it's ok for Butcher to be done the same way? At what point does it stop and the best interest of the kids is taken into consideration? It's hard for me to believe that your principal believes that it is best for the kids to get rid of Butcher, to get rid of McNamee, to get rid of Birchfield, and rumor has it that Thompson's job (the person who Rowe groomed for the job) is in jeopardy. Why would you not place much blame on him? The hiring and firing of coaches is a Principal decision. Period. If he didn't want Buthcer to leave, and Butcher didn't want to leave, did he succumb to politics? If so, that's not best for the kids is it? We need leadership in our schools that do the right things, not the politically right things.

Never said it was the right thing just stated that the old adege (sp) what goes around comes around. To the McNamee comment not that is def. not right and yes I am afraid that Rowe maybe succumbing to politics. However, none of the coaches have been fired, IF they do not sign the resignation papers then it is fact in the decision of the site base council. Then if they choose to fire the coach that is on their head. If they dont then it is then the decision of the BOE, however we all know no blood is going to be smered on them. SO all in all if the coaches wish to fight it they have the oppurtunity. Now to Mark, yes I have heard that his job is in jeporday however there is no politics in that move. That move is directly shadowing what he has done as an assistant and head coach. If his record had shown promise then the move would not be made if he is forced to resign. He has had three seasons to show what he could do as a head coach and has shown no improvement from what he did at the freshman and JV level. Yet again I am not trying to say any of this is right but that is the way things work with any business, its sad but true. Also I still stand by that the thought WAS in fact running through Butchers head to leave since his wife had lost her job and if im not mistaking had the option for a job in the lexington/Mason Co. area. In which she is workign as a drug rep. now also if im not mistaking which is was she was doing in Pike Co. My suggestion would be if your a coach and you trying to be forced out if you truly love the school and community fight it and dont sign the resignation papers, it could be said its just as much the coaches faught for not fighting it as it is the coaches. By the way when Tussey was forced out it directly reflected the schools admin at that time as did Poynters resignation and NOT pressure from the BOE, IMO thats a little bit worse. But as I said none of it is right!!
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Never said it was the right thing just stated that the old adege (sp) what goes around comes around. To the McNamee comment not that is def. not right and yes I am afraid that Rowe maybe succumbing to politics. However, none of the coaches have been fired, IF they do not sign the resignation papers then it is fact in the decision of the site base council. Then if they choose to fire the coach that is on their head. If they dont then it is then the decision of the BOE, however we all know no blood is going to be smered on them. SO all in all if the coaches wish to fight it they have the oppurtunity. Now to Mark, yes I have heard that his job is in jeporday however there is no politics in that move. That move is directly shadowing what he has done as an assistant and head coach. If his record had shown promise then the move would not be made if he is forced to resign. He has had three seasons to show what he could do as a head coach and has shown no improvement from what he did at the freshman and JV level. Yet again I am not trying to say any of this is right but that is the way things work with any business, its sad but true. Also I still stand by that the thought WAS in fact running through Butchers head to leave since his wife had lost her job and if im not mistaking had the option for a job in the lexington/Mason Co. area. In which she is workign as a drug rep. now also if im not mistaking which is was she was doing in Pike Co. My suggestion would be if your a coach and you trying to be forced out if you truly love the school and community fight it and dont sign the resignation papers, it could be said its just as much the coaches faught for not fighting it as it is the coaches. By the way when Tussey was forced out it directly reflected the schools admin at that time as did Poynters resignation and NOT pressure from the BOE, IMO thats a little bit worse. But as I said none of it is right!!

Well said and you probably have much more insight to the ongoings at PC than I do but you can guarantee that the previous administration had the BLESSINGS of the BOE prior to coaching changes. If ALL these changes, past and present, were made for the betterment of kids, then great. But most of us know that is hardly the case. Most of this nonsense can be traced to board member races, who you support, didn't support, etc. not what is best for our kids. This is the type of leadership we have in Pikeville with Roger Wagner, Ralph Kilgore, and Roger Johnson. And who do we have to blame? Those $30 a month board members who hired them. I will step off of my soap box now but to tie this in to the thread, the changes that have been made directly effects why the girls basketball team may not be performing up to expectations.
the girls are fine just need a break look at the stats PC #1 in state field goal % and A.D. Slone leads the state in FG% and Hannah Thompson is in top 6
catfanatic Wrote:Well said and you probably have much more insight to the ongoings at PC than I do but you can guarantee that the previous administration had the BLESSINGS of the BOE prior to coaching changes. If ALL these changes, past and present, were made for the betterment of kids, then great. But most of us know that is hardly the case. Most of this nonsense can be traced to board member races, who you support, didn't support, etc. not what is best for our kids. This is the type of leadership we have in Pikeville with Roger Wagner, Ralph Kilgore, and Roger Johnson. And who do we have to blame? Those $30 a month board members who hired them. I will step off of my soap box now but to tie this in to the thread, the changes that have been made directly effects why the girls basketball team may not be performing up to expectations.

1. That is in fact true, from what I have heard with the MacNamee situation just an FYI. However, that is hearsay. PM me if you want more info on that.

2. The last two are the lesser of the evil let me throw a name out there Earl Thacker :igiveup:
3. See Idk if i directly agree with that statement, I have helped with Gary at the middle school level and he is a very good coach. IMO he is just as good as Butcher. I am not just saying this just because I know Gary but it takes time for a team to buy into your system. Rome wasnt built in a day. Plus your very own Butcher struggled in his first season barely broke 500 at 14-12. Just to throw a comparision and contrast out there.Big Grin
Mac and Birtchfield have unfortunately found out first hand that wagner and thacker's first priority is not the kids, its covering each others political tails and doing away with anyone who disagrees with them and there is NO ONE at PC who has enough pull to do anything about it. Watching their own back I guess. The voters of this district that elected Earl Thacker because they thought he had an interest in the children have been sadly mistaken, he is only out for one thing, bettering himself; shame on you mr. thacker
oldschoolcatsfan Wrote:Mac and Birtchfield have unfortunately found out first hand that wagner and thacker's first priority is not the kids, its covering each others political tails and doing away with anyone who disagrees with them and there is NO ONE at PC who has enough pull to do anything about it. Watching their own back I guess. The voters of this district that elected Earl Thacker because they thought he had an interest in the children have been sadly mistaken, he is only out for one thing, bettering himself; shame on you mr. thacker

completly agree with everything that was just said
oldschoolcatsfan Wrote:Mac and Birtchfield have unfortunately found out first hand that wagner and thacker's first priority is not the kids, its covering each others political tails and doing away with anyone who disagrees with them and there is NO ONE at PC who has enough pull to do anything about it. Watching their own back I guess. The voters of this district that elected Earl Thacker because they thought he had an interest in the children have been sadly mistaken, he is only out for one thing, bettering himself; shame on you mr. thacker

Absolutely true and shame on the people who voted for him. And if the principal is more interested in covering his own back than doing what's best for kids, he doesn't need that position either.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:wasnt right when it was done to Tussey either, just an FYI. WIth the addition of that Butcher was 90% gone any how due to his wife losing her job. If I was you I wouldnt place much blame on David Rowe, trust me he did not want Butcher to leave with my past converstaions with him. Just another addition here since we are talking about how great he was. Yes he did take those girls to three staright regional chamionships, but lets make this aware to he only won one game. Not to mention Tussey had made the previous 3 before him and won one as well. Now the argument is going to be made as well that he led them to the final four of the state tournament. However, lets make this aware to those girls out on the floor did not need much coaching considering they had played together their enitre lifes. Now im not taking anything way from Butcher he was a great guy and a pretty good coach. However, the fact of how he coached during the regional tournament last season not making any adjustments really made me question how GREAT he really was. Then I look at his record this year, yes he has a youthful team, however he is still in the same situation he had at Pike Central those girls are very talented and have played together just as long. However, his record does not mirror his past achievements. Dont kill me BleedsBlue.

LOL! Kill you? Don't worry ~ I wouldn't waste the energy .....Confusedhh: Quit typng already - you still don't know half of what you THINK you know.....
BleedsBlue Wrote:LOL! Kill you? Don't worry ~ I wouldn't waste the energy .....Confusedhh: Quit typng already - you still don't know half of what you THINK you know.....

Ahhh i like the challenge of figuring these situations out, also is it really that im wrong on half of the things I am talking about. Or is it that you know the truth and know I am right and must argue my point to raise question marks for other people so they will also question if what I have said is facts. Because I can tell you now the only thing that may be false that I may think is true is what really went on with Butcher leaving. But Tussey, Mac and Poynter all are facts.
pcc girls will be fine after hannan gets her knee brace on, and.. gets back it the groove of things. Slama you might want to pull the knife out of butchers back now. seems like you were the leader of his fan club when he led them to the final 4 , then when things happen and he makes what he feels is the best decision for his family he's thrown under the bus!! when you lose a player like kayla lowe and a coach that has earned the respect of the players as coach butcher had it takes time to rebuild. don't count pcc out, they still have plenty of talent and what seems to be a fine staff.
hornet14 Wrote:pcc girls will be fine after hannan gets her knee brace on, and.. gets back it the groove of things. Slama you might want to pull the knife out of butchers back now. seems like you were the leader of his fan club when he led them to the final 4 , then when things happen and he makes what he feels is the best decision for his family he's thrown under the bus!! when you lose a player like kayla lowe and a coach that has earned the respect of the players as coach butcher had it takes time to rebuild. don't count pcc out, they still have plenty of talent and what seems to be a fine staff.

I am not throwing him under the bus just stating the facts that Tussey was done the same way nearly in a worse way. Ive stated that what was done to him wasnt right but things like this happen all the time in every line of business. I am also stating the fact that Tussey did just as good and Gary is also with this program. I wish the best for Butcher and have stated that as well, I just believe coached need to fight it a little bit rather then giving into the system, if coaches woudl fight it and have the support of their fans to help fight it then the system would flaw eventually.
rallo316 Wrote:i am not a coach i am a PC fan who is fed up with the refs in this region and it is not an excuse come to a game and watch.

I said that to a ref once and he told me to take the test and show them how to do it right. Might want to try it.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I am not throwing him under the bus just stating the facts that Tussey was done the same way nearly in a worse way. Ive stated that what was done to him wasnt right but things like this happen all the time in every line of business. I am also stating the fact that Tussey did just as good and Gary is also with this program. I wish the best for Butcher and have stated that as well, I just believe coached need to fight it a little bit rather then giving into the system, if coaches woudl fight it and have the support of their fans to help fight it then the system would flaw eventually.
Coach Butcher fought the system just 1 year before with backing from the parents and look how that turned out. You should'nt have to fight when your winning and doing things the right way. No disrespect ment to Tussey but when she left there were a couple of girls running the show not her! Also when Butcher got the job ther were only 8 or 9 girls left, I think you would have to agree it really was'nt the same situation. I'm done with this just thought Coach Butcher deserved better!
hornet14 Wrote:Coach Butcher fought the system just 1 year before with backing from the parents and look how that turned out. You should'nt have to fight when your winning and doing things the right way. No disrespect ment to Tussey but when she left there were a couple of girls running the show not her! Also when Butcher got the job ther were only 8 or 9 girls left, I think you would have to agree it really was'nt the same situation. I'm done with this just thought Coach Butcher deserved better!

Amen to girls running the show and amen to butcher deserving better.
PC wins against against a very good Knott CO team because the kids not the refs decided the outcome.