Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Shelby Valley
86.84%
Bardstown
13.16%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley vs. Bardstown All "A" Finals
After such great emotional wins by both Bardstown and Shelby Valley, does this game potetentilly get played like a stinker? Or can one of these two teams recover enough for another great game.

SV does not have much time to rest.

Watch the game live...
http://www.wkyt.com/wymtsports
It's going to be an interesting game because in both boys games this morning it come down to the end to settle it. So fatigue will play a huge factor in this game.

I expect Valley to win a sloppy game and capture their first All "A" Classic state championship!

GO WILDCATS!
I hope Valley can get all the rest they can. They should not do this to both teams, trying to make them play on the same day, should of extended it to Monday.
But I say if Valley gets their rest and pratice a little bit of free throws then they take it by 10
Game will be on WYMT at 2:30, Right?
My vote is for Valley Bring it home to the Mountains Boys you can do it.
NYY10 Wrote:Game will be on WYMT at 2:30, Right?

Yes
Hopefully both teams have a little more juice in them to play a good game. Gonna be tough on Valley tho not much time to recover
The state finals in Rupp are the same day just more time between games. It is a quick turn around especially for Valley but this is the finals bring your best and leave it all on the floor. I think Valley rides the the big mo and wins this one by 12.
valley by 10
Man, cannot wait. Gonna be seatin on the couch at work and watch this lol
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I expect Valley to win a sloppy game and capture their first All "A" Classic state championship!

GO WILDCATS!
I agree
I agree that more time should be given in between the last semifinal game to the championship game. Even a couple of more hours can do wonders for a team coming off such a hard-fought game like Valley just had. Anyway, I still think this will not affect Valley as much because they are in good shape and constantly use 3 or maybe even 4 players off the bench. In my opinion, Valley wins this game by 15. Can anyone remember when this tournament featured a #1 team in the state along with a few more in the top 25?
How would everyone compare Hazard to SV? If Bardstown beat Hazard, what does that tell everyone?
not to underestimate anyone
and im sure Valley wont
What do we even know about Bardstown? Strengths and weaknesses? Size? Someone help us out that watched the Hazard game.
Well im off to work. I'll c-ya all on here at 2:00.. peace
SHELBY VALLEY 55, ELLIOTT COUNTY 52: Shelby Valley, rated seventh in the state, beat No. 1 Elliott County in the semifinals of the boys’ Touchstone Energy All “A” Classic at EKU’s McBrayer Arena Sunday morning. Shelby Valley had to withstand a furious finish by Elliott County, which trailed 55-40 with just over 3 minutes left. Shelby Valley missed 9 consecutive free throws down the stretch to keep the Lions’ comeback alive. Elliott County had a shot to tie, but Timmy Knipp missed a three-pointer with 2 seconds left. Shelby Valley, out of the 15th Region, won its 10th game in a row and ended Elliott County’s 14-game win streak. It was also the Lions’ first loss to a Kentucky team this season. Elisha Justice led Shelby Valley with 12 points, 7 steals, 6 rebounds and 3 assists. Ashley Hatfield had 12 points. Devan Adams a 6-10 senior, had 11 points and 7 rebounds. Elliott County was led by Ethan Faulkner’s 15 points, 8 rebounds and 5 assists. Jonathan Ferguson had 15 points. Chris Knipp had 14 points. The Lions shot 33%, including 6-fo-24 on threes.

HALFTIME: SHELBY VALLEY 36, ELLIOTT COUNTY 23: Shelby Valley’s early 13-point lead melted to 2, but the Wildcats got rolling again and regained control. Elisha Justice leads Shelby Valley with 10 points and 5 steals. Devan Adams has 8 points and five rebounds for the 15th Region Cats who are shooting 55%. Elliott County has been disrupted by Shelby Valley’s defense. The Lions have 12 turnovers and are shooting 33%, including 3-for-12 on threes. Ethan Faulkner has 10 points for the 16th Region champs. Jonathan Ferguson, their leading scorer on the season, has 6 points but is 0-for-4 on threes.

BARDSTOWN 52, HAZARD 46: Bardstown has reached the All “A” finals for the third time in four years. The Tigers won the title in 2006 and were runners-up in 2007. Jordan Hickman had 21 points, including four free throws in the last 29 seconds to clinch the victory over 17th-rated Hazard. Hickman also had 6 rebounds. Hazard was led by Robert Warren’s 13 points and 9 rebounds.

HALFTIME: Bardstown 28, Hazard 15: Jordan Hickman’s 13 points and 5 rebounds have sparked the Tigers who have controlled the game from the outset. Eric Back came off the bench to score 7 points for Hazard, which hasn’t been in sync all morning. The Bulldogs are shooting just 28% and have 10 turnovers.

http://fieldsnotes.bloginky.com/2009/02/...s-updates/
Bardstown is the #1 team in the 5th region. Played in the Sweet 16 last year (ousted by Holmes). They have won 9 in a row.

from: By Peter W. Zubaty - The Kentucky Standard 5th Region Preview

Bardstown (23-8) gelled at just the right time last year, riding a wave of good defense, streakiness and just the right amount of clutch shooting to capture the school’s first 5th Region crown in 37 years.

The Tigers will have to find a way to replace the post defense and rebounding of Logan Edelen and clutch play of marksman Corey Hall, but the pieces are in place for a repeat performance.

Jordan Hickman, the region’s best player, gives Bardstown coach Gary Goode a nice anchor for his senior-laden team. The 6-3 lefty point guard has a knack for the ball, leading the team in rebounding.

Demarco Phillips returns from a neck injury that wiped out his senior football season with two more inches on his now 6-6 frame; he got in some extra shooting time while waiting to be cleared by doctors, and is expected to get his final clearance to play Dec. 3. Seniors Damian Edelen and Rashaun Phillips patrol inside.
Stardust Wrote:Bardstown is the #1 team in the 5th region. Played in the Sweet 16 last year (ousted by Holmes). They have won 9 in a row.

from: By Peter W. Zubaty - The Kentucky Standard 5th Region Preview

Bardstown (23-8) gelled at just the right time last year, riding a wave of good defense, streakiness and just the right amount of clutch shooting to capture the school’s first 5th Region crown in 37 years.

The Tigers will have to find a way to replace the post defense and rebounding of Logan Edelen and clutch play of marksman Corey Hall, but the pieces are in place for a repeat performance.

Jordan Hickman, the region’s best player, gives Bardstown coach Gary Goode a nice anchor for his senior-laden team. The 6-3 lefty point guard has a knack for the ball, leading the team in rebounding.

Demarco Phillips returns from a neck injury that wiped out his senior football season with two more inches on his now 6-6 frame; he got in some extra shooting time while waiting to be cleared by doctors, and is expected to get his final clearance to play Dec. 3. Seniors Damian Edelen and Rashaun Phillips patrol inside.

Well Paintsville knocked out Bardstown by 8 in the All A last year. Paintsville also was ousted by Holmes in the Sweet Sixteen after leading most of the game. So considering that SV gave Paintsville a great game in the Regional last year and have added Devon Adams to the team this year, I KNOW that SV can play with Bardstown. The key to SV is that they will have to play good and hard the entire game. No let up like against Elliott Co. Bardstown is a very tough team every year and will give a good fight. Should be a good one. Good luck Valley!!
I hope the hype over the last game doesn't let SV think they are just going to show up and beat Bardstown.
I say Bardstown by 7. Please SV fans if you lose don't blame on being tired, Bardstown played this morning also.
I agree with most comments, this should be a terrific game, no

blow outs for either team. Good luck to both teams!!
zulu Wrote:I say Bardstown by 7. Please SV fans if you lose don't blame on being tired, Bardstown played this morning also.

Sure, Bardstown played this morning, Valley didn't get done till the afternoon. Valley can beat Bardstown, there's no question to if they can beat them. Valley is a VERY well conditioned team, they have to be able to run 1/16 of a mile in a certain time or they can be cut on the team.
dude i know 4 a fact valley does not half 2 do that , i know they half 2 run a mile durin conditioning before they can join the team, but it has nothing 2 do with after there on the team, don't rply back with anything stupid because trust me i know this, DO U KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT BASKETBALL ,,,,,,,u give valley fans a bad name
InstantOffense Wrote:I hope the hype over the last game doesn't let SV think they are just going to show up and beat Bardstown.
I think missing 11 straight free throws helps to settle the boys down. I'm sure they realize how close they just came to losing it.
I'll take Valley by 12 in this one.
Go CATS!!!!
zulu Wrote:I say Bardstown by 7. Please SV fans if you lose don't blame on being tired, Bardstown played this morning also.

Yeah, but Bardstown will have more time to rest and didn't play the #1 team.

Don't worry. We won't need excuses. :1:

If Valley loses, they beat themselves. They are perfectly capable of winning this. The tournament in Florida should have prepared them for the back to back games. And, the fact that they're playing in the school's first ever state championship game should be enough adrenaline to get over being tired.

I have faith in my Cats. Wildcats win!
Valley is certainly better than Bardstown its just a matter if they come out to play...
Valley should take this one lets just hope fatigue and free throw shooting does not bite them in this one.
I'll take Valley in this one!
Valley is tired i dont see them winning bardstown has had more time to rest