Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rowan County 73 Ashland 60
Pittsburgh Fish Wrote:Now back to the subject. Bradley better be working on his teams defense if they are going to have a chance in Morehead. The game at Alumni revealed some weaknesses on the defensive end. FWIW, Tackett called the dogs off half way through the 4th Quarter. The game was not as close as people might have thought.

I think Ashland is thinking the same about Rowan's defense.
Both are quality teams who should make a run at the title. Rowan Co. won in a squeaker last year and the Kittens have improved the last three years, making it to the semis two years ago and the finals last year. Rowan has had a great year and is the favorite to win it. East Carter could be in the mix also. Good luck to all teams and to the winner, good luck against the 9th region at Diddle.
Luther Rackley Wrote:Both are quality teams who should make a run at the title. Rowan Co. won in a squeaker last year and the Kittens have improved the last three years, making it to the semis two years ago and the finals last year. Rowan has had a great year and is the favorite to win it. East Carter could be in the mix also. Good luck to all teams and to the winner, good luck against the 9th region at Diddle.

Very good post Luther! I want to assure everyone that Coach Bill Bradley has a secure coaching job as long as he wants it. He is a very good coach, regardless of what others may think about him. Being in the boosters for years and years I have seen them come and I have seen them go, Bradley is right for the program. I must with all respect to Bradley say that I too have heard of disgruntled parents because of the influx of transfers in the middle school system. One very good player at Verity is even contemplating leaving because of the disloyalty of the Verity and JV coaches. Bill I will support you but I just dont know about the rest. My suggestion to you is that you better take care of your own first and new comers second.
Tomcat Great Wrote:Very good post Luther! I want to assure everyone that Coach Bill Bradley has a secure coaching job as long as he wants it. He is a very good coach, regardless of what others may think about him. Being in the boosters for years and years I have seen them come and I have seen them go, Bradley is right for the program. I must with all respect to Bradley say that I too have heard of disgruntled parents because of the influx of transfers in the middle school system. One very good player at Verity is even contemplating leaving because of the disloyalty of the Verity and JV coaches. Bill I will support you but I just dont know about the rest. My suggestion to you is that you better take care of your own first and new comers second.

Well said TG, well said. I have been wanting to scream that from the stands myself.
However I must agree with TG and TD that I see several kids that play freshman ball and JV ball but do not sit on the bench for Varsity. But when you bring up middle school kids to sit on the varsity bench while Freshmen, Soph watch the game from the stands it's a bit unsettling. I have heard both sides of this story in the stands and it's a tough call. Ashland has a great group of kids and don't take this the wrong way Ashland Fans but why bring up these middle school kids right now. They are getting plenty of minutes in Fresh, and JV ball and their is nothing wrong with that. Start developing the older kids that are over at the high school. Some of these kids might not even be back they could go anywhere next year and we would be left holding the bag.
Man you Ashland guys are coming out of the woodwork.
MaroonMonkey Wrote:However I must agree with TG and TD that I see several kids that play freshman ball and JV ball but do not sit on the bench for Varsity. But when you bring up middle school kids to sit on the varsity bench while Freshmen, Soph watch the game from the stands it's a bit unsettling. I have heard both sides of this story in the stands and it's a tough call. Ashland has a great group of kids and don't take this the wrong way Ashland Fans but why bring up these middle school kids right now. They are getting plenty of minutes in Fresh, and JV ball and their is nothing wrong with that. Start developing the older kids that are over at the high school. Some of these kids might not even be back they could go anywhere next year and we would be left holding the bag.

Ashland does dress alot of Varsity players this year, but I think the reason is because the coaches did not want to bring up any younger players without bringing up all of the older ones as well. Are there any highschool players for Ashland that play 9th grade and/or JV and that don't also play on the varsity. None come to my mind at the present. Of course, just because you dress varsity doesn't mean that you are guaranteed any varsity playing time. Is this more of the issue that the parents in the stands don't like?
LET EM PLAY Wrote:Man you Ashland guys are coming out of the woodwork.

Keep 'em coming!!Big Grin
Just got finish swimming upstream and boy am I tired, almost took the bait as well...This thread is getting old to me so I will make this my last post unless I am provoked by any more Ashland Supporters. Rowan will be at Diddle playing this year. With the possibility of coaching changes and players leaving this may very well be Bradley's last and only shot at winning a Regional Title. I wish Bill the best, he is a good coach and deserves a shot in the Diddle. My gills are on the Lady Vikings. :dontthink
To all my Ashland Pals, it is ancient proverb that a fish smells from the head down. I have heard nothing but good things about the transfers and how even one transfers' parent may end up on the coaching staff next year. If it is who I am thinking about this man was very successful as a middle school coach in years past. This would be a great move for Bradley because the man can flat out coach.
The Maroon Pelican Wrote:To all my Ashland Pals, it is ancient proverb that a fish smells from the head down. I have heard nothing but good things about the transfers and how even one transfers' parent may end up on the coaching staff next year. If it is who I am thinking about this man was very successful as a middle school coach in years past. This would be a great move for Bradley because the man can flat out coach.

Is this true, or is it just a rumor?
Pittsburgh Fish Wrote:Just got finish swimming upstream and boy am I tired, almost took the bait as well...This thread is getting old to me so I will make this my last post unless I am provoked by any more Ashland Supporters. Rowan will be at Diddle playing this year. With the possibility of coaching changes and players leaving this may very well be Bradley's last and only shot at winning a Regional Title. I wish Bill the best, he is a good coach and deserves a shot in the Diddle. My gills are on the Lady Vikings. :dontthink

I am have an All Ashland Fishing Tourney at Cave Run Lake this Spring and I will be breaking out my new spinner lure..:rockon:
Talking about the younger group at Ashland is insane. I have seen the 7th grade and 8th grade play a few times and they can really play and they really work well together. If any of these kids are thinking about leaving they are nuts because I do not see many teams around here with that kind of talent and they will go far when it is their time. I believe this team could have beat some of your varsity teams this year in the 16th.
kybasketballfan Wrote:Talking about the younger group at Ashland is insane. I have seen the 7th grade and 8th grade play a few times and they can really play and they really work well together. If any of these kids are thinking about leaving they are nuts because I do not see many teams around here with that kind of talent and they will go far when it is their time. I believe this team could have beat some of your varsity teams this year in the 16th.

I agree that Ashland has a good group of ball players coming up from the middle school. Will they grow into a dominant team - who knows -Only time will tell. As to all the talk about some players wanting to transfer, there would only be one reason - They don't want to put in the effort and patience to earn their playing time. From my observations, Bradley plays the best players that give him the best competitive advantage - if players (young or old) want to transfer for this reason, then so be it - these type of players won't win you any championships anyway.
Maroon Pelican and Kybasketballfan make two great points that probably have a lot in common. In post #70 TMP said he had heard a parent may end up on the bench at Ashland. He further said this parent has coached before and was very successful.
In post #73 KBBF said the younger girls on Ashland's team will go far when it is their time.
The two of these predictions can naturally be linked. I'm not sure who TMP is talking about, but if it is the parent, father, I am thinking about, Ashland will be put over the top. He not only is a tremendous basketball mind, the girls really love him. He also has a very good relationship with all the parents of the other girls. With a combination of the skill these girls possess and the knowledge this man has, Ashland should be crowned the 16th region champs immediately.
I would caution the athletic department to contact him quickly. I know of a lot of other programs who would love to have him.
I would post the man's name on here, but I am afraid I may be wrong. I don't want the other Ashland fans to get their hopes up. We just need to say our prayers.
kybasketballfan Wrote:Talking about the younger group at Ashland is insane. I have seen the 7th grade and 8th grade play a few times and they can really play and they really work well together. If any of these kids are thinking about leaving they are nuts because I do not see many teams around here with that kind of talent and they will go far when it is their time. I believe this team could have beat some of your varsity teams this year in the 16th.

There have been better middle school teams than this one that never came to fruition, some of the Russell middle school teams come to mind. One Russell group had over 100 victories against 1 loss over a 4 year period but it did not translate into a regional championship. This team may be great in years to come but i wouldn;t crown them quite yet . Girls are notorious for topping out early. At least give them a couple of years to see.
Congrats Rowan County on the W!

Whheeew, what a statement to make. If I am not mistaken just a couple of weeks ago Boyd's Freshman team pounded Ashland's Freshman team (7th and 8th) but you are saying this Ashland team could beat some varsity teams???

Boyd's Freshman team could beat Morehead State if that is the case.
Rodney's snitch Wrote:Maroon Pelican and Kybasketballfan make two great points that probably have a lot in common. In post #70 TMP said he had heard a parent may end up on the bench at Ashland. He further said this parent has coached before and was very successful.
In post #73 KBBF said the younger girls on Ashland's team will go far when it is their time.
The two of these predictions can naturally be linked. I'm not sure who TMP is talking about, but if it is the parent, father, I am thinking about, Ashland will be put over the top. He not only is a tremendous basketball mind, the girls really love him. He also has a very good relationship with all the parents of the other girls. With a combination of the skill these girls possess and the knowledge this man has, Ashland should be crowned the 16th region champs immediately.
I would caution the athletic department to contact him quickly. I know of a lot of other programs who would love to have him.
I would post the man's name on here, but I am afraid I may be wrong. I don't want the other Ashland fans to get their hopes up. We just need to say our prayers.

Great Post!

I am kinda close to the program so I will be talking with Bradley this week and I will mention to Bradley about this parent being able to coach. I agree this would be a great move for the Kittens.
The Maroon Pelican Wrote:To all my Ashland Pals, it is ancient proverb that a fish smells from the head down. I have heard nothing but good things about the transfers and how even one transfers' parent may end up on the coaching staff next year. If it is who I am thinking about this man was very successful as a middle school coach in years past. This would be a great move for Bradley because the man can flat out coach.

3.You agree not to post off-topic. We require that you keep your comments consistent with the subject of the thread. Deliberate disruption such as frivolous commentary will not be tolerated. Your post will be removed and you will receive a warning from a staff member. Your second warning will result in your account being suspended.

Read the rules and stay on topic. I really hope you are not close to this team, because you have no clue what you are talking about .
All I am saying is Ashland has great coaches and a great group of girls coming up. We will wait and see what happens.
kybasketballfan Wrote:All I am saying is Ashland has great coaches and a great group of girls coming up. We will wait and see what happens.

The Ashland and Rowan game was a great game to be at but since you brought it up kyballfan, what makes Ashland coaches so great?
Mr. Pittsburg Fish you have done nothing but talk about the Ashland team, coaching changes, kids leaving and I cannot figure out why? Maybe you should worry about your own team or is that what you are doing by tring to cause a fuss to get a few of those Ashland girls.
kybasketballfan Wrote:Mr. Pittsburg Fish you have done nothing but talk about the Ashland team, coaching changes, kids leaving and I cannot figure out why? Maybe you should worry about your own team or is that what you are doing by tring to cause a fuss to get a few of those Ashland girls.

I dont see many girls from Ashland driving 60 miles everyday to play ball. You still didnt answer the question. Trust me when I tell you that the future is bright for Rowan County.
The Ashland Kitten Basketball program has never had a parent be on the bench as a coach. I don't think that they will start now. As far as driving 60 miles to play ball I don't see your point.
I am not arguing with you about Rowan I will even agree with you(please smack me now for saying that) they do have a great team now and a great team coming up all I am saying is that Ashland has a great team now and a great team coming up. If Rowan beats Ashland for the next 10 years congratulations to them they will deserve it. I just still do not know why you want to talk about the Ashland coaches, players ,program and whatever else you can come up with. Once again I still believe your program would love to have a few of these players and I wonder if that is why you are trying to start something thats not a problem. By the way how is your program this year?
kybasketballfan Wrote:I am not arguing with you about Rowan I will even agree with you(please smack me now for saying that) they do have a great team now and a great team coming up all I am saying is that Ashland has a great team now and a great team coming up. If Rowan beats Ashland for the next 10 years congratulations to them they will deserve it. I just still do not know why you want to talk about the Ashland coaches, players ,program and whatever else you can come up with. Once again I still believe your program would love to have a few of these players and I wonder if that is why you are trying to start something thats not a problem. By the way how is your program this year?

We are 16 wins and 0 lossess, so I would think the program is doing pretty good right now. I dont expect us to go undefeated but who knows we might. I just want you to anwer me what makes Ashland Coaches superior in their abilities as compared to Rowan's Coaches. Bradley is a good coach not taking nothing away from him or any other coach that Ashland has, just wanting your insight on this topic.
Congrats to Rowan Co.
Pittsburgh Fish Wrote:We are 16 wins and 0 lossess, so I would think the program is doing pretty good right now. I dont expect us to go undefeated but who knows we might. I just want you to anwer me what makes Ashland Coaches superior in their abilities as compared to Rowan's Coaches. Bradley is a good coach not taking nothing away from him or any other coach that Ashland has, just wanting your insight on this topic.

Dont know why I need to explain why I think their good coaches I just do. I feel they work hard with the girls and they try to prepare theirself for every game, they seem to have some type of game plan for every team they play.
I am sure you feel the same about your coaches.
kybasketballfan Wrote:Dont know why I need to explain why I think their good coaches I just do. I feel they work hard with the girls and they try to prepare theirself for every game, they seem to have some type of game plan for every team they play.
I am sure you feel the same about your coaches.

You are right then, any coaching staff that is going to have success needs to do the things that you just mentioned.