Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Out of Bounds
Should there be an out of bounds marker for each team?
phoeniXX Wrote:Should there be an out of bounds marker for each team?

The only ones that need out of bounds is the Yella Bellies... When they are supposed to be charging they run to the top of the hill away from the batte, when they are SUPPOSED to be taking out position... Set an out of bounds for you guys and we won't have any problems....,,:Clap:TongueirateSho
All jokes aside Tate's right! The Yella Bellies need both a boundry and a time limit. They simply won't fight. They won't try to advance and take a position. They are content staying 200ft away and lobbing paintballs at each other til someone runs out of air. Especially Amun-Run-Away, MONGO, and Raidernation! Even when the Cowboys have a fixed position we always have to end up charging or the game will last for hours. That's why some games take so long to finish. Win or Lose the Cowboys have never had either of those problems and never will Wink
The Sniper Wrote:All jokes aside Tate's right! The Yella Bellies need both a boundry and a time limit. They simply won't fight. They won't try to advance and take a position. They are content staying 200ft away and lobbing paintballs at each other til someone runs out of air. Especially Amun-Run-Away, MONGO, and Raidernation! Even when the Cowboys have a fixed position we always have to end up charging or the game will last for hours. That's why some games take so long to finish. Win or Lose the Cowboys have never had either of those problems and never will Wink

Just two weeks ago when the yella bellies were to take our position, they failed to engage. We had to charge from our position just to engage in any fire and then a couple of Cowboys chased 2 all the way to Hindman before they could put them out.
The Sniper Wrote:All jokes aside Tate's right! The Yella Bellies need both a boundry and a time limit. They simply won't fight. They won't try to advance and take a position. They are content staying 200ft away and lobbing paintballs at each other til someone runs out of air. Especially Amun-Run-Away, MONGO, and Raidernation! Even when the Cowboys have a fixed position we always have to end up charging or the game will last for hours. That's why some games take so long to finish. Win or Lose the Cowboys have never had either of those problems and never will Wink

That's where you're wrong, just a few weeks ago we had to chase BigJ to letcher Co to take him out.Cool
Johnny Ringo Wrote:That's where you're wrong, just a few weeks ago we had to chase BigJ to letcher Co to take him out.Cool

And the Cowboys banished him to eternal life as a yella bellie. :dontthink
I didnt know if there were any boundries set, so when the teams get down to just a few players left, they wouldn't be able to run to the head of Mud Creek to keep from getting shot. But if no one wants to play with an out of bounds marker if fine. Just longer before another game can start....
phoeniXX Wrote:I didnt know if there were any boundries set, so when the teams get down to just a few players left, they wouldn't be able to run to the head of Mud Creek to keep from getting shot. But if no one wants to play with an out of bounds marker if fine. Just longer before another game can start....

Yeah, that's what we have been saying. I think there needs to be something in place though.
Si!!We can put markers up so far up on the sides of the hills and give a general idea of how far some can go. We originally had it where there was only a certain area but steadily extended it. There is not reason to go to the top of the mountain because of running, but if one climbed to the top and certainly not Ol Wyatt, then came down in bounds that seems to be ok if that is there plan of attack at the start of each game. Once in bounds however you would not be allowed back out. I am like the rest when it comes to having to wait so long. My boys are special trained and certified law officials of the highest degree and we like to keep order in the Valley. If we wanted to run track we would stop at the football field. Mongo, Ref- this is in spanish so you will need to get someone to interpret it for you allSmile .
I can get some flagging tape from work that we could put up, that idea should work just as good as a time limit as far as being able to get in more rounds.
phoeniXX Wrote:I didnt know if there were any boundries set, so when the teams get down to just a few players left, they wouldn't be able to run to the head of Mud Creek to keep from getting shot. But if no one wants to play with an out of bounds marker if fine. Just longer before another game can start....

Your starting to figure it out XX! That's the difference in the Cowboys & the Yella Bellies. Cowboys always fight! no matter the odds, the numbers, or anything else. The Yella Bellies (and that's how they got their name by the way) won't fight, they won't charge, they barely engage, they run, hide, they'll basically do anything to avoid confrontation, AND it causes games to last an extra 45 minutes. In short their YELLA!Big Grin If there was 100 yella bellies and only one Sniper ---- The Sniper is charging! but the Sniper is the MAN of course! WHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny Ringo Wrote:I can get some flagging tape from work that we could put up, that idea should work just as good as a time limit as far as being able to get in more rounds.

JUST MAKE YOUR TEAM FIGHT AND THE PROBLEM IS SOLVED!!! :Thumbs:

Then there would be no need for boundaries or a time limit!
How about for instance team A is in position on the hill ( or wherever ) have a big flag to mark that position and we have to protect that position and that position only.

Team B has to take that position. not necessarily take the flag but just the
position itself. Long as team B is attempting to take that position or Team A is trying to keep position then both teams will be fighting for the common ground and not running each other all over ****.

Now if team A abandons that position or not at least attempting to keep the position then game over and same for team B if they are not attempting to take the position after engaging then game over no matter if players are still in or not for either team.

This is just a suggestion.
:wink:
The Sniper Wrote:Your starting to figure it out XX! That's the difference in the Cowboys & the Yella Bellies. Cowboys always fight! no matter the odds, the numbers, or anything else. The Yella Bellies (and that's how they got their name by the way) won't fight, they won't charge, they barely engage, they run, hide, they'll basically do anything to avoid confrontation, AND it causes games to last an extra 45 minutes. In short their YELLA!Big Grin If there was 100 yella bellies and only one Sniper ---- The Sniper is charging! but the Sniper is the MAN of course! WHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All this talk about the yella bellies not engaging may or may not be true.Wink But one thing is for sure, they will have a new look come next week. So maybe we should change our names to Killswitch Engaged, because engaging wont be a problem once its time to go after some Cowgirls...... the switch will turn on........Killings will certainly happen. TongueirateSho TongueirateSho
phoeniXX Wrote::wink:

All this talk about the yella bellies not engaging may or may not be true.Wink But one thing is for sure, they will have a new look come next week. So maybe we should change our names to Killswitch Engaged, because engaging wont be a problem once its time to go after some Cowgirls...... the switch will turn on........Killings will certainly happen. TongueirateSho TongueirateSho
Now XX you may have just come upon something right there. I bet you can talk every one of those Yella Bellies to put that Killswitch on their guns where they and you can readily activate it.:flame: Just a thought on helping with the new found attitude.:Clap:
Billnz28 Wrote:How about for instance team A is in position on the hill ( or wherever ) have a big flag to mark that position and we have to protect that position and that position only.

position itself. Long as team B is attempting to take that position or Team A is trying to keep position then both teams will be fighting for the common ground and not running each other all over ****.

Now if team A abandons that position or not at least attempting to keep the position then game over and same for team B if they are not attempting to take the position after engaging then game over no matter if players are still in or not for either team.

Really good idea BIll, sounds like a great way to play.
Wyatt Earp Wrote:Now XX you may have just come upon something right there. I bet you can talk every one of those Yella Bellies to put that Killswitch on their guns where they and you can readily activate it.:flame: Just a thought on helping with the new found attitude.:Clap:

They still won't flip the switch to the on position...
TATE_64 Wrote:They still won't flip the switch to the on position...

TATE we will most definitely charge, even if I have to go in head first and get shot first, maybe this will light a fire under them and make for some good games.
phoeniXX Wrote:TATE we will most definitely charge, even if I have to go in head first and get shot first, maybe this will light a fire under them and make for some good games.

I'd say you'd definitely have to go first....Big Grin...... but I don't know if it will help or not.... Chester did it last weekend, and that game was over in 10 minutes...:eek:Big Grin
Billnz28 Wrote:How about for instance team A is in position on the hill ( or wherever ) have a big flag to mark that position and we have to protect that position and that position only.

Yeh that would be a good idea, always post it at the same spot and after one team retrieves it they have to get it back to like a base without getting shot, unless the other team is wiped out of players.

^ What he said.. :Thumbs:

I think this is the way most outdoor/woodsball tournaments are played.. I like it. Just like real war, must try to advance on position, and take that position. You take it, you win, you dont, you lose..

This sounds like the best solution, instead of playing chicken all over the holler.. I can't run with those 19 years all over the hill. Plus we could get possibly 6 games in a weekend. The Young guns could go 6-0 and weekend not counting duels.
Also, Bills solution would require teams to work more as teams instead of individuals. For example, infrantry(quick guys) that can avoid getting shot easily would protect frontline and/or lure the advancing team into a sniper traps/fire. The best shooters staked out as snipers between frontline and backline, for those that get pass the frontline or lured in a certain direction, then the old slow guys near/around the flag as final defense/backline.

It would require much more teamwork and communications on bothsides, which, in my opinion, would make it that much more fun.

Eitherway I'm happy. Whatever you guys decide.
torQQue Wrote:Also, Bills solution would require teams to work more as teams instead of individuals. For example, infrantry(quick guys) that can avoid getting shot easily would protect frontline and/or lure the advancing team into a sniper traps/fire. The best shooters staked out as snipers between frontline and backline, for those that get pass the frontline or lured in a certain direction, then the old slow guys near/around the flag as final defense/backline.

It would require much more teamwork and communications on bothsides, which, in my opinion, would make it that much more fun.

Eitherway I'm happy. Whatever you guys decide.

QQ Im glad you chose our team because it seems to me you can make up good strategies to help us win. :rockon: To where we used to just run and gun and take them out that way. Big Grin
sounds good we need a good flag tho
BigJ Wrote:sounds good we need a good flag tho

yeah a big one that say COWBOYS on it LOL.
What the heck are we gonna do with a yella flag? Don't matter to me I just like shootin YB's for fun. I think I can save on air and paint protecting the flag because no Yella Belly will ever get close enough to take it. I've spent alot of time this month running to the top of the hill everyday a couple of times just so I could chase down the other side when they scatter so that was time wasted for that job, I do feel great though now that I am back in shape.Big Grin
I say we work on getting the Yella Bellies fighting first and then go from there

baby steps...........
I got a big UK flag we can use for both sides.. It needs to be big..

It's one of those that has the threads so we can tie it to trees.
I Also Think That Both Teams Should Wear A Certain Color Because I Really Dont Know Everyone Yet, And I Dont Want To Shoot My Own Teammate On Accident. It Could Be Something As Simple As A Bandanna Or Arm Band.
JackFrost Wrote:QQ Im glad you chose our team because it seems to me you can make up good strategies to help us win. :rockon: To where we used to just run and gun and take them out that way. Big Grin

Years of experience playing playing War Strategy games.Big Grin I "own the mongols" in Romance of the 3 kingdoms.