Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin @ South Laurel 1/27
This should be a good game. I will take the red-hot Redhounds in this one on the road!

Best of luck to both of these teams!
Redhound by 20+..i saw SL play saturday against Warren Central and theres no way they should be a top 5 team in the mountains
king360 Wrote:Redhound by 20+..i saw SL play saturday against Warren Central and theres no way they should be a top 5 team in the mountains

Yeah that was one of their worse games. I don't know about 20+ but I will say 10 or so. You may be right though, JMO.
Hounds by 6...I think the Cards will give them all they want.

Corbin-66
SL-60
South Laurel isn't as good as everyone thinks this season, because I've watched them play a few games via Wazoo Sports and they are not impressive at all.

I'll take Corbin by 15-20 points.

Best of luck to both!
On paper, I would clearly say Corbin is 15-20 points better. The Hounds have beaten South Laurel twice this season by double figures. Both of those games were at Corbin. South has great coaches and have been at Corbin games on a consistant basis since the beatings. The team will be well prepared. Whether the team has developed a "we can't beat these guys" mindset, I don't know but if they lose, it will not be because they were unprepared. South has some talent and this is a HUGE rivalry. I cannot stress that enough. I would really not be surprised to see South Laurel win this game. I'm not predicting it but in a rivalry, the best team doesn't always win. You can take the Corbin vs. Knox Central game this year. There isn't much doubt that Corbin is about 20 points better than the Panthers. However, the rivalry makes teams dig down deep and that night KC dug deep to score the upset.

If Corbin stays level headed, keeps focused on the task at hand, they should not lose a game until Rupp Arena if even then. With that said, games are played on the court and not paper. The Hounds better bring a lunch because South will be ready. Go Hounds!
I like the way Corbin has been playing. It won't be a blowout as some predictions indicate, but Corbin should come out with the win.
Roscoe has been lurking in the balcony at all the Corbin games lately with his pad and pencil in hand. I am sure they have got some tricks up their sleeve and will be firing on all cylinders since this one will be at their house. Corbin wants to beat South almost more than any other team they play . . . the Rivalry is that strong . . . you can't count that out. Corbin wins but the margin won't be double digits this time.
Was this game played? If so, who knows the score?
It got Cancelled.
It should have been played. There was nothing but rain. South just wanted another day to rest. It will be played Thursday, Jan. 29th at 6:30 p.m. at South.
Corbin should win this game but I don't think they will have that monkey off their back until they can beat South in the Region South is a different team when it comes time for the Tourney and until someone can knock them of the Mountain they are still the Champs.