Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buckhorn 71 - Lee Co. 49
Coach Wright's major accomplishment in his coaching career was when Lee County won the 14th region 'All A' a few years ago. But ironically, he can thank his arch rival Owsley County for that. Owsley County upset the favorite June Buchanan in the first round of the tournament. I don't think Lee could have gotten past Buchanan that year. Just my opinion. But I don't think Owsley has received any thank you cards, lol.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Coach Wright's major accomplishment in his coaching career was when Lee County won the 14th region 'All A' a few years ago. But ironically, he can thank his arch rival Owsley County for that. Owsley County upset the favorite June Buchanan in the first round of the tournament. I don't think Lee could have gotten past Buchanan that year. Just my opinion. But I don't think Owsley has received any thank you cards, lol.

JBS had an outstanding team that year...yeah they were the favorite to win but they got beat..thats why u play the game..lee co was ranked 2nd in the region just bout the whole year that year right behind JBS
theflash Wrote:JBS had an outstanding team that year...yeah they were the favorite to win but they got beat..thats why u play the game..lee co was ranked 2nd in the region just bout the whole year that year right behind JBS
You're right. Sometimes a team can get it hot on that one night and change the whole outlook for the region. JBS and Lee would have been a good game that year though. I also think Wolfe upset a fairly good Hazard team in Campton in the same tournament. Lee's road to Richmond was wide open after those two upsets. THe Bobcats had one of the largest crowds ever at the State All A that year. Lee's fans really came out to support them.