Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 73 - Prestonsburg 37 (15th All "A" Championship)
Congrats
Final.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Great Job SV
Holy .... Crap. Good luck down in Richmond. Key to wins in the All A tourney is clearly Valley's defense.
Congrats Valley. Bring the trophy home to the mountains. Keep up the great D. Good luck Blackcats the rest of the way.
Figured something like this would happen, like I said, Valley is back on and is just knocking people out of the way. Hope to see some stats soon on this game.
Valley unbelieveable game. go get a state title
SV is a nba teamBig Grin
betsylaynealum Wrote:Valley unbelieveable game. go get a state title

Let's not talk about that until we make the Sweet 16.
mullinstiger55 Wrote:SV is a nba teamBig Grin

I don't quite think so.
GoodJob Valley
Prestonsburg 5 8 11 13 37

Shelby Valley 23 15 19 16 73

All 'A' Classic 15th Region
Championship at Pikeville
Prestonsburg (9-8) -- Burchett 4, Tackett 10, Stumbo 3, Patrick 7, Tincher 4, Hall 3, Jamerson 6.
Shelby Valley (14-4) -- Justice 18, Bryant 15, Hatfield 7, Ta.Newsome 6, Varney 4, Adams 6, Ty.Newsome 13, Lucas 2, Roberts 2.
Nice game by Logan, he's playing really well this year.
Great job on the big win.
Ouch!
15th region slamdunk Wrote:Ouch!

Ditto that!
Congratulations on the win though.
Its safe to say.. The 15th region tourny is Shelby Valleys to lose!
Very impressed with Valley tonight, especially Justice. Prestonsburg is really lacking a true point guard which really hurt them, I'm sure they had close to 30 turnovers.

Congrats Valley.
Nice game by the boys from Valley.

Was also glad to finally see the BLUE CREW in action. They better be getting ready for next week!
Congrats SV!!
came to this game to see certain players.I thought the big guy for Valley should of been more aggressive.he seems to be very timid almost shy,is he? The guards for valley really played a good game.Their forwards were fair.If the refs in this region are all like these guys that ref this game.I like the way they let the teams play their games ,but keeping order.Thats the way the ref call games in lexs and louie.Maybe East Ky refs are getting better about letting teams play basketball.I applaud them for a good game
After watching Valley several times, Iam very impressed with their defense. Even when they play a zone, they have great movement with the feet and hands. Elisha puts them into another gear. They are good without him, but that is when they are beatable.
Nice team win by SV with 9 players scoring and holding Prestonsburg to only 37 points as they have held the last 3 teams to close to that score and I don' t know the shooting percentages.

Elisha shot 7 for 8, 2 for 2 threes, and had 8 steals, earlier in the season someone posted Elisha as being on pace to set a new state record in steals, he did nothing tonight to hurt that pace.
BlueSky Wrote:After watching Valley several times, Iam very impressed with their defense. Even when they play a zone, they have great movement with the feet and hands. Elisha puts them into another gear. They are good without him, but that is when they are beatable.

Thats all they play in the half court set. Granted it is a match-up zone which is easily mistaken for man to man with they way they play theirs.
dortonite Wrote:Nice team win by SV with 9 players scoring and holding Prestonsburg to only 37 points as they have held the last 3 teams to close to that score and I don' t know the shooting percentages.

Elisha shot 7 for 8, 2 for 2 threes, and had 8 steals, earlier in the season someone posted Elisha as being on pace to set a new state record in steals, he did nothing tonight to hurt that pace.
He had a ton of deflections
blackcat Wrote:Very impressed with Valley tonight, especially Justice. Prestonsburg is really lacking a true point guard which really hurt them, I'm sure they had close to 30 turnovers.

Congrats Valley.

Unofficially, I had them for 28.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Figured something like this would happen, like I said, Valley is back on and is just knocking people out of the way. Hope to see some stats soon on this game.

I had Valley at 27-51 (52%) from the field.
They were 8-15 (53%) from the 3 point line.
They were 11-20 (55%) from the free throw line.
They had 24 rebounds, 18 assists, 20 steals, and 9 turnovers (with 4 coming in the final minute).

I had Pburg at 15-39 (38%) from the field.
They were 3-12 (25%) from the 3 point line.
They were 4-6 (67%) from the free throw line.
They had 24rebounds, 7 assists, 7 steals, and 28 turnovers.

I thought Logan played the best I have seen him play this season (he looked confident running the point when Elisha was in foul trouble). When he and Tyler are knocking down shots, Valley is very hard to beat.
blackcat Wrote:Very impressed with Valley tonight, especially Justice. Prestonsburg is really lacking a true point guard which really hurt them, I'm sure they had close to 30 turnovers.

Congrats Valley.

Yeah I'd say that the Blackcats did have to close to 30 turnovers. Justice is the truest point guard that I have seen this year. He plays excellent defense.

I was disappointed in the Blackcats effort tonight. No one was looking for their shot tonight and they had trouble getting Steven Patrick the ball tonight which didn't give them a chance to even keep it close. You have to give all the credit to Valley's defense though. They were outstanding.

Congrats Wildcats!
Another sleeper as expected, this game was over in less than 5 minutes, SV was just way to much for P-burg tonight. Good win SV, keep them coming. P-Burg. Confusederved:
who dose valley play in state tourny and when
Nice game for Valley. I just wanna say that at the beginning of the game, how about that put back dunk by Adams? That was awesome.. And what is up with Steven Patrick trying to get into the face of Taylor Newsome and Adams. Pretty sure that would be a bad idea lol. But congrats Valley, Elisha and Logan were awesome tonight