Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Ridge 2009
Anyone know who is going to be on Coach Brad Allen's staff next season?
Real Badman Wrote:Anyone know who is going to be on Coach Brad Allen's staff next season?

hopefully the staff will stay the same as last years to help build there program up
Walkman39 Wrote:hopefully the staff will stay the same as last years to help build there program up

His brother Casey is a coach also right?
Walkman39 Wrote:hopefully the staff will stay the same as last years to help build there program up

I think there might be a new face or two in the crowd, but primarily the same staff.
IRISH4 Wrote:I think there might be a new face or two in the crowd, but primarily the same staff.

well maybe a few new people wouldnt hurt this team but i just hope this season goes better for the warriors
Magicjefferson25 Wrote:His brother Casey is a coach also right?

not sure i just noticed a few new faces on the sideline that seem to know what to do
I believe Casey Allen was a coach.
Real Badman Wrote:I believe Casey Allen was a coach.

any news on how good the offseason is going for the warriors
All I know is Brad had his boys working hard in the weight room. And from what I was told, Breathitt County will be added to the Warrior Schedule as a scrimmage for 09.
Thanks to a friend who use to post on another site I get almost all of the games shown on tv in Pike County.

I think, from watching East Ridge in person and on tape they need to 1-Get bigger and stronger 2-GET BETTER AT THE FUNDAMENTALS3-Get some speed on the outside receivers4-Develope more of a passing game. 5-Better play on both lines.

I might have the name wrong but in watching a game from this past season they have a player (Tyler Ratliff) I think he was a soph that looked decent on defense.
Early guess would be 2-8 in 09.
2 wins good luck to the warriors though
East Ridge needs to work on their O-Line as well at that PC game Central blitzed alot
[quote=wesc123]East Ridge needs to work on their O-Line as well at that PC game Central blitzed alot[/QUOTE

from what i hear they have alot of young linemen in the weight room
wesc123 Wrote:East Ridge needs to work on their O-Line as well at that PC game Central blitzed alot
well, they got rid of the best coach, let alone LINE coach they ever had last year.
xwarrior Wrote:well, they got rid of the best coach, let alone LINE coach they ever had last year.

which was
best line coach? Coach Allen is the primary line coach at east ridge and just to let you know his past....... all state as a player for i think 3 years as an O and D lineman. started on the college level for 3 yrs....... coached line at pikeville college and coached running backs there as well. if he is anything at all, i think he is a master of the line position. its just obvious that he needs a staff around him.
yessur Wrote:best line coach? Coach Allen is the primary line coach at east ridge and just to let you know his past....... all state as a player for i think 3 years as an O and D lineman. started on the college level for 3 yrs....... coached line at pikeville college and coached running backs there as well. if he is anything at all, i think he is a master of the line position. its just obvious that he needs a staff around him.

Playing and coaching are 2 different things. Nothing against him, but the line DID look terrible. weakest spot. very unorganized.
xwarrior Wrote:well, they got rid of the best coach, let alone LINE coach they ever had last year.

Who was the best coach xwarrior? I do believe I have a general idea of who your talking about. And if it is whoIm thinking about..Remember they didnt let him go. as for him being the best, Brad has twice the knowlage and experience as this certain unnamed mystry coach from ER's past. I wouldnt doubt that Brad is THE BEST lineman coach in EKY...if not the state. Just give him some time. It not easy for these past juniors and seniors come in and have to learn yet another blocking style.
Feeder systems play a lot into the success at the next level...it's tough from a team to do a complete 180 in a year when there isn't knowledgeable help in all facets of a program (grade school-high school).
depends on how hard they are willing to work...they have a good dedicated coach now that has them working hard in the weight room now its just a matter of how bad they want to win and playing together
SuperB70 Wrote:Who do the Warriors have coming back in '09? How did their JV/Freshmen teams do this season? Is there a light at the end of tunnel for ER football?
fr/ michael stiltner
Real Badman Wrote:What does everyone think can come out of this young program that Brad Allen has inhearited? Iv seen a copy of there 2009 schedule. Its not finialized yet though, and is not in any final order.

Scrimmage:
East Ridge High School Teco Coal Kickoff Classic: vs Breathitt Co.
TBA

Regular Season:
Pike County BowlTonguehelps
Grundy-Home
Lawerence Co-Home
South Floyd-Away
Allen Central-Home
Belfry-Home
Sheldon Clark-Away
Pike Central-Home
Shelby Valley-Away

A game and a bye left too add.

What does everyone think

great sechedual add hurley va
Walkman39 Wrote:2 wins good luck to the warriors though

i say they will win 4 games
great freshman no1 stiltner
coach allen working hard in the weight room kids are looking good
dallasfan Wrote:fr/ michael stiltner

hes good but u need some strong young linemen to block for him or hes nothing
I look for the Warriors to win anywhere from 3-5 games next season.
IRISH4 Wrote:I look for the Warriors to win anywhere from 3-5 games next season.

sounds about right coach allen really knows what hes doing ive also heard a rumor that a new asst. coach has been hired but that is total rumor
Nothing has been finalized, but I think you are right.