Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region's Best Players Ever?
Who are some of the best basketball players produced from the 14th region? And what school did they attend?
Ben Bowling-Perry Central...this is about as far back as i can remember..lol
Ben Bowling From PCC or Justin Hicks from HAzard Todd Craft from KCC probaly Justin Hicks to me
Ben Bowling PCC, Justin HIcks, HAzard, or Todd Craft KCC
I would have to go with Ben Bowling..in the last decade anyway
Jim Rose Hazard
Brian Kiser Estill Co they were in the 1oth when he played went to U.of L. and played for Crumm
Cardfan09 Wrote:Ben Bowling From PCC or Justin Hicks from HAzard Todd Craft from KCC probaly Justin Hicks to me

hicks better than bowling?
Tim Gross from Breathitt County High
Bryan Neace from pcc was pretty good wasnt he?
Herbie Stamper, Knott Co. and Morehead Glen Napier, M.C. Napier and Morehead Larry Stamper, Lee Co, and U.K. Terry Bird Wolfe Co.and some college in V.A. Steve Johnson, Wolfe County and Cornell.
There have been numerous players out of the 14th to play professional basketball so it you dont put a time factor into it the list would be long...
Johnny Cox-Hazard

Lead HHS to the state championship in 55' and went and played at UK, were he is like 18th or 17th all time scoring list.He played 3 years at UK and was All American twice. He won a Championship with UK in 58. I cant say Hes the best player Ive ever seen because I didnt get to see him play in person but Ive seen videos when he was @ UK.
Exactly..lol
uk96 Wrote:There have been numerous players out of the 14th to play professional basketball so it you dont put a time factor into it the list would be long...

Well from 1900 til now, does that work? lol
Paul Smith from Owsley - played at Mississippi State and let the SEC in free throws until 5-6 years ago.
Magicjefferson25 Wrote:Well from 1900 til now, does that work? lol
AHH a smartaleck....How long did that genuis remark take you to think up.....
uk96 Wrote:AHH a smartaleck....How long did that genuis remark take you to think up.....

If you was a genuis, you would know he wasnt trying to be a smartaleck he just wants to see some of the names of players because just listed there were many that went to the NBA without any names.
Tailback44 Wrote:If you was a genuis, you would know he wasnt trying to be a smartaleck he just wants to see some of the names of players because just listed there were many that went to the NBA without any names.

Thank you.
Micky Gibson Buckhorn he could take a dime of the top of the backboard.Earl Combs Breathitt co he could play also
Magicjefferson25 Wrote:Bryan Neace from pcc was pretty good wasnt he?

He was good, but nowhere near on Ben Bowlings level.
Drew Davidson from Jackson City is by far the best to ever play in the 14th region.
Nefarious83 Wrote:Drew Davidson from Jackson City is by far the best to ever play in the 14th region.

I agree 100%
Cool
jimmy keith, or tad brewer.. cordia.
Brian Howard Whitesburg
In the early 90s there was some great basketball players. Kevin Campbell-Dilce, Hurley Combs-MC Napier, Rodney Thompson-MC Napier, Dilce Combs center- Breasher, Tad Brewer-Cordia, Shannon Woods-Cordia...just some off the top of my head.

2000s
Daniel Combs- Perry, Clark Stepp-JBS, Zach Hurt- Cordia, Two twins from Breathitt

I can not think of them all but there is a lot more.
Clark Stepp
best players from breathitt- larry back, earl stevens, philip lovely, arch johnson, jeff allen, scotty moore
best from jackson city- ray sallee, kyle howard
MVP2 Wrote:Johnny Cox-Hazard

Lead HHS to the state championship in 55' and went and played at UK, were he is like 18th or 17th all time scoring list.He played 3 years at UK and was All American twice. He won a Championship with UK in 58. I cant say Hes the best player Ive ever seen because I didnt get to see him play in person but Ive seen videos when he was @ UK.

I agree, Johnny Cox was one of the best!!
Tim Couch from Leslie Co. was a great player in the 14th!! Over 3,000 points for his career, that's pretty good. JMO