Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lee Co. 77 - Wolfe Co. 58
Lee dominated the boards. The team only turned the ball over a few times in spite of the guard-oriented pressing defense of Wolfe. Charles finished with a triple double. Pelfrey, Campbell and Pittman played very good. Wise hit a few treys to keep the d honest.

Wolfe just never really got things going after Lee Co switched to a zone defense at the start of the second quarter. Campbell was probably scoring leader. Terril is a great shooter.
Good win for Lee at Wolfe. Maybe Lee is coming around now this is a very talented team and if playing well can compete with anyone in the 14th
Always nice to come out of Wolfe County with a win. Good win Bobcats.
Just thought that I'd mention that David Hawkins did play in this one. How long has he been elgible? Is this his first game with Wolfe?
Congrats Lee Co.
Now this how Lee County should be playing. Maybe they went through a slump and its over now. I knew they were better than they've been playing.
Lee Co. 77 Wolfe Co. 58

Lee Co. 20 14 18 25 77

Wolfe Co. 17 6 12 23 58

Lee Co. (5-5) -- Charles 17, Pelphrey 17, Campbell 6, Childers 6, Wise 14, Pittman 13, Reece 2, Baker 2.
Wolfe Co. (3-4) -- Campbell 18, D. Hayes 20, Terrell 5, Lutes 3, Denniston 5, Hawkins 2, T. Hayes 5.
Congrats Lee
ARC Wrote:Just thought that I'd mention that David Hawkins did play in this one. How long has he been elgible? Is this his first game with Wolfe?
rumor had it evens from owsley that moved back home was on the bench with the wolves... anyone heard about him getting to play this season?? yea i believe it was davids first game back and hadnt been eligible long....
Heard the Evans kid will be eligible on Tuesday for Wolfe. Another scorer and good ball handler for them will make them even better.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Heard the Evans kid will be eligible on Tuesday for Wolfe. Another scorer and good ball handler for them will make them even better.

Wolfe needs post players.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Heard the Evans kid will be eligible on Tuesday for Wolfe. Another scorer and good ball handler for them will make them even better.
If he gets eligible, he will immediately be the best player on their team, and they will immediately be a 25% better team. They will be the best team in their district. His penetration and ablility to break the defense down will automatically make them very hard to guard. This would be a BIG ruling by the KHSAA.

But I don't see how he could possibly be ruled eligible. He played for Owsley, his mom who lives in Wolfe has costody, but his eligibility status was with Owsley while he lived with his grandma there. Regardless to where he moves to, his eligibilty is still with Owsley. Why? Because that is where he chose to play and the KHSAA ruled him to play, even though his custody mom still lived in Wolfe. Just moving back in with his mom shouldn't change a thing.

I don't think he will be ruled eligible. But the KHSAA has done crazier things in the past, so maybe he will.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:If he gets eligible, he will immediately be the best player on their team, and they will immediately be a 25% better team. They will be the best team in their district. His penetration and ablility to break the defense down will automatically make them very hard to guard. This would be a BIG ruling by the KHSAA.

But I don't see how he could possibly be ruled eligible. He played for Owsley, his mom who lives in Wolfe has costody, but his eligibility status was with Owsley while he lived with his grandma there. Regardless to where he moves to, his eligibilty is still with Owsley. Why? Because that is where he chose to play and the KHSAA ruled him to play, even though his custody mom still lived in Wolfe. Just moving back in with his mom shouldn't change a thing.

I don't think he will be ruled eligible. But the KHSAA has done crazier things in the past, so maybe he will.

It appears with the Scott County rulings this sumer and the Crowe, Hawkins moves from Powell over not liking thier coach, that the khsaa has just given the green light to all kids to jump around as they please. So it won't be long to play for pay hits the small high school ranks. This will be more good news for the privates as now there will be no restrictions on elgibility
JOBAKKA Wrote:It appears with the Scott County rulings this sumer and the Crowe, Hawkins moves from Powell over not liking thier coach, that the khsaa has just given the green light to all kids to jump around as they please. So it won't be long to play for pay hits the small high school ranks. This will be more good news for the privates as now there will be no restrictions on elgibility
I agree. With their recent questionable decisions with transfers setting an unplesant precedent that they probably didn't expect, the KHSAA might as well drop all their transfer by-laws and have no restrictions at all.
It's almost that way right now.
JOBAKKA Wrote:It appears with the Scott County rulings this sumer and the Crowe, Hawkins moves from Powell over not liking thier coach, that the khsaa has just given the green light to all kids to jump around as they please. So it won't be long to play for pay hits the small high school ranks. This will be more good news for the privates as now there will be no restrictions on elgibility

What has the Scott Co. rulings have to do with Crowe and Hawkins? These two kids left Powell because they did not play much in a pre-season scrimmage game and they got mad at their coach, so they left.

Is Scott Co. any different than George Rogers Clark, Holmes, J-town, Shelby Valley, KCC, Hazard, Breathitt, Glasgow, JBS and many other high schools across the state?:confused:
When a team's two best players, who are both potentially D1, both transfer to the same school (which happens to be a recognized state powerhouse in their respective sport) that is located over 100 miles away.......it becomes silly to pretend that something is not kosher. This is the case with Euton and Jackson.

Once the KHSAA was pressured to allow these to play, then it becomes less justifiable to disallow anyone to transfer and play. Very very unfair to those who have transferred in the past (even the very recent past) and who have been forced to sit out a year. Euton and Jackson received preferrential treatment and the KHSAA has opened themselves to a serious round of lawsuits.

Hawkins and Crowe both becoming elgible.....seems very suspect to me.

Devon Evans transfer from Owsley to Wolfe also seems very suspect.

In contrast, Nick Noble transferred from Breathitt to Owsley and sat out a year. Ditto for Jeremy Congleton from Owsley to Breathitt. Ditto for the Salyers kid from Breathitt to PCC. Tate Cox was permitted to transfer (and play) from JBS to KCC, but Hall was not.

I know that there can be extreme circumstances, but there can also be a whole lot of misrepresentation, deception, lies... going on. It could be that the most honest kids are being penalized while the most unethical are not. Standards should be clarified and held to.
ARC Wrote:When a team's two best players, who are both potentially D1, both transfer to the same school (which happens to be a recognized state powerhouse in their respective sport) that is located over 100 miles away.......it becomes silly to pretend that something is not kosher. This is the case with Euton and Jackson.

Once the KHSAA was pressured to allow these to play, then it becomes less justifiable to disallow anyone to transfer and play. Very very unfair to those who have transferred in the past (even the very recent past) and who have been forced to sit out a year. Euton and Jackson received preferrential treatment and the KHSAA has opened themselves to a serious round of lawsuits.

Hawkins and Crowe both becoming elgible.....seems very suspect to me.

Devon Evans transfer from Owsley to Wolfe also seems very suspect.

In contrast, Nick Noble transferred from Breathitt to Owsley and sat out a year. Ditto for Jeremy Congleton from Owsley to Breathitt. Ditto for the Salyers kid from Breathitt to PCC. Tate Cox was permitted to transfer (and play) from JBS to KCC, but Hall was not.

I know that there can be extreme circumstances, but there can also be a whole lot of misrepresentation, deception, lies... going on. It could be that the most honest kids are being penalized while the most unethical are not. Standards should be clarified and held to.

Most unethical!!! You don't have a clue to what you are talking about. Both Euton and Jackson moved. Nothing unethical! Bylaws state "a bona fide change of residence is a valid reason to receive a waiver from the transfer rule and become ruled eligible".
What about Zollo, Rogers and Brewer at GRC? What is the difference. Nothing, they also moved.

Nick Noble, lived with his uncle in Owsley when he started coaching there, his parents did not move
Jeremy Congleton, his parents lived in Lee, they transported him to Owsley
Tate Cox, didn't move but had valid reasons for the transfer, that's all I'm going to say about that
Hall, moved within the county between parents that is why he was ineligible.
Crowe and Hawkins, I question because of the very public reason they left Powell. But they both must have moved or else they shouldn't have become eligible.

You need to get all your facts right before you start accusing kids or their families telling lies or being unethical!

If you follow the rules, KHSAA can't do anything but rule the kids eligible. Some I do question but not Euton and Jackson.
Just to get this thread back on topic... Lee County has not lived up to the high expectations that some held for them. This is partly due to the team having :
(1) A new starting point guard (Charles who played shooting guard last season)
(2) A new starting shooting guard (Gus Wise who was 6th man last season)
(3) A new starting power forward (Dontarius Pittman who transferred in)
(4) A new starting shooting forward (Tyler Campbell who played power forward last season)

The only returning starting position-player is Jared Pelfrey at center.

Add to this that the coach is implementing a new style of play and it is predictable that the Bobcats struggle until they get comfortable with the changes.

They held Owsley to 7 at halftime and Wolfe to 23 (at least 20 points off of their respective averages). They outrebounded Wolfe 40-17. Lee has only been shooting about 25% from the arc.
goodguy Wrote:Most unethical!!! You don't have a clue to what you are talking about. Both Euton and Jackson moved. Nothing unethical!

You need to get all your facts right before you start accusing kids or their families telling lies or being unethical!

If you follow the rules, KHSAA can't do anything but rule the kids eligible. Some I do question but not Euton and Jackson.

Keep your socks on....I said that Euton and Jackson's transfer from Rose Hill to Scott County had the appearance of being 'not kosher'.....and I stand by that statement. If it were only one of them.... then ok. But both?!?

It is not 'illegal' for a parent to seek employment where his kid will get to play on a better team, but it may be unethical. JMO.

Something to think about: If I decide that I want my son to play at Scott County, and I look for a job in Scott County in order for that to happen, then how does that play into KHSAA's rules? It probably doesn't, But some would view it as unethical. I'm not saying that the Rose Hill boys parents transferred just to make that happen, because I don't know. I am saying that it looks fishy to me, and probably to a lot of other people. Take a poll if you don't believe me. And I'm only using their names because they are a high-profile recent example. I wish them luck.
goodguy Wrote:Most unethical!!! You don't have a clue to what you are talking about. Both Euton and Jackson moved. Nothing unethical! Bylaws state "a bona fide change of residence is a valid reason to receive a waiver from the transfer rule and become ruled eligible".
What about Zollo, Rogers and Brewer at GRC? What is the difference. Nothing, they also moved.

Nick Noble, lived with his uncle in Owsley when he started coaching there, his parents did not move
Jeremy Congleton, his parents lived in Lee, they transported him to Owsley
Tate Cox, didn't move but had valid reasons for the transfer, that's all I'm going to say about that
Hall, moved within the county between parents that is why he was ineligible.
Crowe and Hawkins, I question because of the very public reason they left Powell. But they both must have moved or else they shouldn't have become eligible.

All said, this is true if no other facts were involved. But Euton and Jackson did in public talk of the relocation in a manner that was questionable and at first Jackson was ruled ineligible. But with much pressure from the Public Jackson was ruled eligible. I understand you may want to turn a blind eye to the blantant recruiting done at Scott Co. and that is fine. But for a second be real and look at the movement in and out of there year in and year out. With that aside, I was referring to Hawkins and Crowe and Evans who all left after they had played varsity sports at a school and was ruled eligible in that same year, ( a change from past rulings) neither moved really. Yes Crowe has family in Estill and can say he moved them so can Evans I do not know about Hawkins. But there is more required than a move includung custody and other factors. My point is, will it be better for the schools now that everyone can move from game to game and play where they grass may be greener this week. You decide for yourself. Maybe each district could or each region just have an all-star team of the best players they can recruit and then play one tounament a year and we can crown the best recruiting school every year and do away with the rest of the games and save everyone all the time and trouble of following thier school's team. I guess your school team will be which kids wear the schools uniform each game now that makes for real competition and team spirit. This is what KHSAA must be striving for based on thier recent rulings.
JOBAKKA Wrote:All said, this is true if no other facts were involved. But Euton and Jackson did in public talk of the relocation in a manner that was questionable and at first Jackson was ruled ineligible. But with much pressure from the Public Jackson was ruled eligible. I understand you may want to turn a blind eye to the blantant recruiting done at Scott Co. and that is fine. But for a second be real and look at the movement in and out of there year in and year out. With that aside, I was referring to Hawkins and Crowe and Evans who all left after they had played varsity sports at a school and was ruled eligible in that same year, ( a change from past rulings) neither moved really. Yes Crowe has family in Estill and can say he moved them so can Evans I do not know about Hawkins. But there is more required than a move includung custody and other factors. My point is, will it be better for the schools now that everyone can move from game to game and play where they grass may be greener this week. You decide for yourself. Maybe each district could or each region just have an all-star team of the best players they can recruit and then play one tounament a year and we can crown the best recruiting school every year and do away with the rest of the games and save everyone all the time and trouble of following thier school's team. I guess your school team will be which kids wear the schools uniform each game now that makes for real competition and team spirit. This is what KHSAA must be striving for based on thier recent rulings.

Wrong! At first Jackson was ruled eligible. The next day KHSAA said they made a clerical error and then they ruled him ineligible.

Euton and Jackson was ruled eligible after the recommendation of Judge Karum (sp?) after the Appeal Hearing and the Board of Controls voted to uphold the Judge Karum's recommendation and all members of the board voted them both eligible. This had nothing to do with public pressure.

Like I said earlier, make sure you know what you are talking about before you post untrue information.
wolfe needs a big man
I OWN THE PAINT Wrote:wolfe needs a big man
Doesn't everybody.Smile
Keep the thread on-topic!!!
what about Pitman at Lee Co?????????? what is his deal does he just love Beattyville i know there is alot for him do do there. how did he get to play so fast?
courtdog Wrote:what about Pitman at Lee Co?????????? what is his deal does he just love Beattyville i know there is alot for him do do there. how did he get to play so fast?
He is from Beattyville. All of his famoliy attended Lee Co. So I dont think it compares with a kid leaving another district team over a coach and attending another district school. He transferred at the end of last school year as his parents returned from
georgia to his home. They did move. Did Crowes family move or did he just leave over his coach.
goodguy Wrote:Wrong! At first Jackson was ruled eligible. The next day KHSAA said they made a clerical error and then they ruled him ineligible.

Euton and Jackson was ruled eligible after the recommendation of Judge Karum (sp?) after the Appeal Hearing and the Board of Controls voted to uphold the Judge Karum's recommendation and all members of the board voted them both eligible. This had nothing to do with public pressure.

Like I said earlier, make sure you know what you are talking about before you post untrue information.
You are wrong and you just proved it whether it was clerical or anything else he was ruled inegible at first. You are just talking semantics. He was ineligible. Say what you want there was a ton of pressure in the news, and I am sure the Hicks posse were behind it.
Crowe's dad is sick he moved in with his mother that lives in Irvine. I was told Pitman moved in with his grandmother are you sure his mom and dad moved back to Beatville i hope they did Beattyville is a great place to live but i dont se any difference if his familey did not move to Lee Co.
courtdog Wrote:Crowe's dad is sick he moved in with his mother that lives in Irvine. I was told Pitman moved in with his grandmother are you sure his mom and dad moved back to Beatville i hope they did Beattyville is a great place to live but i dont se any difference if his familey did not move to Lee Co.

Idiocy. Pittman lives with his mother and father.....in Lee County. And he didn't move from Atlanta to Beattyville just to play basketball. Are you nuts?
courtdog Wrote:Crowe's dad is sick he moved in with his mother that lives in Irvine. I was told Pitman moved in with his grandmother are you sure his mom and dad moved back to Beatville i hope they did Beattyville is a great place to live but i dont se any difference if his familey did not move to Lee Co.
You are so wrong his parents came back before he finished last year of school in Ga. Then he joined them here.
I am sure of my facts/ His father is a 911 dispatcher if u feel the need to check it out.