Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott Central 59 - Cordia 51
Final

KCC-59
Cordia-51

The 10th win of the season for the Patriots did'nt come easily.
Thanks for the info! Congrats to KCC!
Closer than I thought. Did Stamper play?
Doctor J Wrote:Closer than I thought. Did Stamper play?

No they're getting him healthy for the Wymt Tournament
Game was a hard fought game by both sides. Knott hit some big freethrows in the last couple of minutes to pull away...Bartrum was leading scorer for Knott and hit some big shots late. Everage was leading scorer for Cordia.
Cordia played very well in the second half. It was a 3 point game with 2 minutes left but cordia missed some three's that would have tied the game. It was a very hard fought game on both ends. Congrats Knott and Cordia keep your head up, most people thought that you guys would lose by 30 and you went out and proved them wrong.
And I was one of those that predicted a 30 point blowout! Glad I was wrong though on this prediction as I would have LOVED to have seen this upset yet once again@! Congrats KCC on sqeeking out the Win. Way to make them work for it Lions!
good job pats!
keep your head up lions!
wow, i thought that Knott would have won by 20+ even without Stamper, Cordia must have improved some
Congrats Knott. Good job on a hard fought game lions.
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal
Congrats KCC:Thumbs: Great win

Cordia hang in there....you all are one of us also(county team).Cool
Did Randy Lewis end up going to Cordia? If so does he play basketball? Congrats to KCC for beating an underated Cordia team. You can't sleep on any team coached by Honeycutt.
Knott was without Stamper and Cox was about 50%(sick and had to leave the game in the 4th), and Head Coach Amburgey was not there. Knott had around a 20 point lead in the first half and let it slip away. They sure missed Stampers scoring though, because when Cox got tired it seemed no one else wanted to shoot. It will probably be a blowout the next time they meet if Knott is healthy. Cordia does play hard, you have to give them that and are well coached.The Everage kid really kept them in the game. Knott is not playing well at this point. If they were playing JBS or Letcher tonight, they lose. But hey, a win is a win I guess.
Tough loss for Cordia. Glad to see they kept it a game.

Congrats Patriots!
Way to hang in there Cordia! I also predicted a blow out.
Congrats to KCC
kryptonite Wrote:Did Randy Lewis end up going to Cordia? If so does he play basketball? Congrats to KCC for beating an underated Cordia team. You can't sleep on any team coached by Honeycutt.

I heard that Randy went to Knott, then went to Cordia, then quit Cordia. But that is just what I heard thru the grapevine.
Golden Nugget Wrote:Knott was without Stamper and Cox was about 50%(sick and had to leave the game in the 4th), and Head Coach Amburgey was not there. Knott had around a 20 point lead in the first half and let it slip away. They sure missed Stampers scoring though, because when Cox got tired it seemed no one else wanted to shoot. It will probably be a blowout the next time they meet if Knott is healthy. Cordia does play hard, you have to give them that and are well coached.The Everage kid really kept them in the game. Knott is not playing well at this point. If they were playing JBS or Letcher tonight, they lose. But hey, a win is a win I guess.

What do you mean no one else would shoot when Cox got tired? Bartrum was the leading scorer and Ratliff and Amburgey had 7 or 8 pts each and Amburgey shot a few that didn't go in. Everyone wants to think that Cox and Stamper are the only ones that can shoot the ball, well last night proved ppl wrong. Congrats KCC on the win. I agree I think Everage is Cordia's best player and 15 is pretty good too. I don't think KCC played well and I think that has to do with too many games lately and coach Amburgey will not let them have any free time all he wants to do is practice them to death. Kids need a break every now and then otherwise they get burned out and won't want to play anymore.
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:I heard that Randy went to Knott, then went to Cordia, then quit Cordia. But that is just what I heard thru the grapevine.

He did play with KCC in the summer and talked about going to school there, but then I heard what you did, he went to Cordia and then quit. I don't know for sure tho. That was talent wasted, he was a good ball player. KCC would have loved to had him I'm sure.
well I just mean that No one was a threat from outside and that allowed Cordia to sag in and help out on the guards so that they couldnt get to the basket. And no one was Posting up and scoring. No offense to the rest of the players, I just didnt see much confidence in KCC when Cordia got it close.
How many did Everage have?
MVP2 Wrote:How many did Everage have?

I think it was 15
kryptonite Wrote:Did Randy Lewis end up going to Cordia? If so does he play basketball? Congrats to KCC for beating an underated Cordia team. You can't sleep on any team coached by Honeycutt.

he went to cordia, but i was told that he was kicked off the team because he wouldnt show up for practices, or something like that.
sassy Wrote:What do you mean no one else would shoot when Cox got tired? Bartrum was the leading scorer and Ratliff and Amburgey had 7 or 8 pts each and Amburgey shot a few that didn't go in. Everyone wants to think that Cox and Stamper are the only ones that can shoot the ball, well last night proved ppl wrong. Congrats KCC on the win. I agree I think Everage is Cordia's best player and 15 is pretty good too. I don't think KCC played well and I think that has to do with too many games lately and coach Amburgey will not let them have any free time all he wants to do is practice them to death. Kids need a break every now and then otherwise they get burned out and won't want to play anymore.

Wow! I would prefer to have a coach dedicated to the program to work the boys. Im sure they have some free time. These are 15 & 16 year old kids, they can take a lot. Remember the acutal season is only a little over three months long. Got to get as much in as possible to build and develop the team before districts and regionals.

If any of these boys go to the next level to play ball, what they are doing now will be a picnic compared to how much they will be working out and practicing.
Golden Nugget Wrote:Knott was without Stamper and Cox was about 50%(sick and had to leave the game in the 4th), and Head Coach Amburgey was not there. Knott had around a 20 point lead in the first half and let it slip away. They sure missed Stampers scoring though, because when Cox got tired it seemed no one else wanted to shoot. It will probably be a blowout the next time they meet if Knott is healthy. Cordia does play hard, you have to give them that and are well coached.The Everage kid really kept them in the game. Knott is not playing well at this point. If they were playing JBS or Letcher tonight, they lose. But hey, a win is a win I guess.

Now don't start making excuses. Knott beat SV and SV had there best player hurt so he didn't play(Elisha Justice)and none of the SV fans made any excuses. Cordia had a great gameplan and still would have had one if Stamper was playing.
Congrats KCC
The lions played well in the second half and cut the 17 point patriot led to a 3 point led early in the fourth....I think the lions had 4 players in double digits...Everage had 15, Owens had 12, Combs had 10, and i think Collins had 10...Slone got in foul trouble early and Montgomery was sick..so should be a pretty good match up next time these teams meet
goodguy Wrote:Wow! I would prefer to have a coach dedicated to the program to work the boys. Im sure they have some free time. These are 15 & 16 year old kids, they can take a lot. Remember the acutal season is only a little over three months long. Got to get as much in as possible to build and develop the team before districts and regionals.

If any of these boys go to the next level to play ball, what they are doing now will be a picnic compared to how much they will be working out and practicing.

All the starters are 17 and 18, which isn't a difference but I am refering to them having to go over to KCC on game day, like yesterday, they had to be there at 1 or 2 in the afternoon and go over the plays. Now when some of these kids live 40 minutes away from school and they have to go over there and wallow around for 6 or 7 hours before a game because he keeps them there and then lets them get something to eat around 5 then the kids are already worn out before a game.
sassy Wrote:All the starters are 17 and 18, which isn't a difference but I am refering to them having to go over to KCC on game day, like yesterday, they had to be there at 1 or 2 in the afternoon and go over the plays. Now when some of these kids live 40 minutes away from school and they have to go over there and wallow around for 6 or 7 hours before a game because he keeps them there and then lets them get something to eat around 5 then the kids are already worn out before a game.

It is very common for teams to have a light pre-game practice. From past experience, going over assignments and getting extra shots before games was beneficial to myself and my team. In four years a day off was unheard of, and the extra practice was well worth a couple trips to Rupp. You seem to have an excuse for everything. If that wears them out, then it will be a difficult task to make that crucial run in late February. KCC is going through a tough stretch, but realize they are not the only team who practices, plays games, and battles injuries. It's called basketball! You win some and lose some; an excuse never erases a loss.
Cordia 9 12 20 10 51

Knott Co. Central 22 16 7 14 59

Cordia (6-6) -- Owens 10, Slone 1, Combs 9, Everage 15, Collins 11, Stacy 5.
Knott Co. Central (10-4) -- Cox 12, Ratliff 8, Amburgey 8, Caudill 6, Mullins 4, Bartrum 16, Davis 3, Slone 2.
roundball_legend Wrote:It is very common for teams to have a light pre-game practice. From past experience, going over assignments and getting extra shots before games was beneficial to myself and my team. In four years a day off was unheard of, and the extra practice was well worth a couple trips to Rupp. You seem to have an excuse for everything. If that wears them out, then it will be a difficult task to make that crucial run in late February. KCC is going through a tough stretch, but realize they are not the only team who practices, plays games, and battles injuries. It's called basketball! You win some and lose some; an excuse never erases a loss.

light my ***, he practices them like a regular practice. Ain't nothin light about it. And I'm not makin any excuse for them or the tough time they are havin right now, just that some of them are gettin burned out. They wanna do other things outside of basketball and it is virtually impossible for them to do so.