Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard 69 - Pikeville 25
Congrats Dawgs! I'm not surprised with the outcome since the 15th is weak (SV excluded). But I can't believe that Pikeville only scored 25 points!
Panther Thunder Wrote:They played 10 people tonight regularly.
I thought that it was wrong to put your #1 player back into the game with two or three minutes to go in the game and you were down 40+ points. There were two juniors and a sophomore who had seen not any playing time in the game... sitting on the bench. Not a hard decision for a coach to make. Wonder what the reason?:confused:
Not a big fan of Pikeville's offense..it is developed solely around the 3 point shot...if it is taken away Pikeville will get blown out every game...
Coach Williams has showed real class all year not shaking the opposing teams hands after a loss (Shelby Valley,Edmonson County etc.) and to be a succesful Coach they are a couple of things i think you need that is Discipline and Friendship and Bart has neither. He fights and argues with players, they quit them come back and play, and he is so arrogant most of the kids don't respect him and he has no relationship with them at all they play because they love basketball not the program. it is a shame a couple kids that has give there heart to the program sit and watch. Treating the kids the way Coach Williams does the Pikeville program will never prosper. Hopefully the Board at Pikeville will soon wake up. If not i am a firm believer what goes around comes around.
The reason Matt was back in the game was Bart wanted to matt to get his average.
bull Wrote:Coach Williams has showed real class all year not shaking the opposing teams hands after a loss (Shelby Valley,Edmonson County etc.) and to be a succesful Coach they are a couple of things i think you need that is Discipline and Friendship and Bart has neither. He fights and argues with players, they quit them come back and play, and he is so arrogant most of the kids don't respect him and he has no relationship with them at all they play because they love basketball not the program. it is a shame a couple kids that has give there heart to the program sit and watch. Treating the kids the way Coach Williams does the Pikeville program will never prosper. Hopefully the Board at Pikeville will soon wake up. If not i am a firm believer what goes around comes around.

Sounds like a player who wants more playing time but doesn't want to work to get it. I think Bart has earned a lot of respect in this region. He doesn't have to prove anything to disgruntled players and parents if the kid is not working hard enough to get on the floor. These high school basketball coaches do not get paid enough to have to put up with quotes like these and have to deal with them. Here is one supporter of Coach Williams! :rockon:
sacbunt Wrote:I think Coach Williams probably teaches in his classroom, more than the football coach does. What some people don't seem to understand is that you have to teach in the classroom to keep your job at Pikeville. You just aren't a coach.
Keep drinking the kool-aid.
I spoke nothing but the truth ask most players i have and that is what they say
20/20 Wrote:Sounds like a player who wants more playing time but doesn't want to work to get it. I think Bart has earned a lot of respect in this region. He doesn't have to prove anything to disgruntled players and parents if the kid is not working hard enough to get on the floor. These high school basketball coaches do not get paid enough to have to put up with quotes like these and have to deal with them. Here is one supporter of Coach Williams! :rockon:
that figures, If it is not enough money then let him quit. you take away that money and see how long he stays. I repeat myself some people think that teachers and coaches are God, they are people just like everyone else. some good, and some aren't worth anything. Allen Centrals Coach and Sis Hall are grreat examples. These sports are for the kids, not some coach that want to show kids how tuff he is.
sacbunt Wrote:I think Coach Williams probably teaches in his classroom, more than the football coach does. What some people don't seem to understand is that you have to teach in the classroom to keep your job at Pikeville. You just aren't a coach.

Why would you imply that Coach Copley isn't a teacher that does his job? Is it that you are on the outside looking in? I just happened to talk to Coach Copley a few days ago and I asked him about his teaching evaluations. He told me to wait a few minutes and he'd be back and show me. You want to know what I saw with my own eyes....for the last four years that he's been teaching PE, EVERY mark on his evaluations were MEETS GOALS! NO marks under the column DOES NOT MEET GOALS. So according to each of the two Principals he's had since he's been at Pikeville, his teaching has been alright. So don't drag his name into a basketball thread. This thread is about the Pikeville/Hazard game.

This thread will probably be closed in a short time anyway, too much bad publicity.
the old WASP Wrote:that figures, If it is not enough money then let him quit. you take away that money and see how long he stays. I repeat myself some people think that teachers and coaches are God, they are people just like everyone else. some good, and some aren't worth anything. Allen Centrals Coach and Sis Hall are grreat examples. These sports are for the kids, not some coach that want to show kids how tuff he is.

Who says he wants to quit? Again you have some good coaches and some bad, but you also have some kids and parents that are bad. That was my point when I said it is not worth it when you are teaching 11 great kids and one that is just a thorn(along with the parents). This may not be the case but as an outsider reading this thread just seems like a kid or parent who is whining over playing time. It is not always the coaches fault when a kid does not get playing time.
Nice win for the Dawgs
it is the coaches fault when the offense of the entire program is revolved around one player when the program is full of athletes... coach williams already discouraged a 6'9" center enough to leave because of his new idea for a perimeter offense.. i see thats working well for them. Playing time at Pikeville is strictly political.. its always has been and it always will be.....
I am not the only one that feels this way. Where would Pikeville be if Devon Adams & Daniel Harmon where playing? Why are they not playing for Pikeville? Why has Clark & Baker quit then come back? I don't think all this can be blamed on the players. There is a reason. Treat these guys like friends instead of treating them like you could care less about them and you have a possible 15th regional championship team in 2009. If a Coach treats one kid wrong on his team the other kids see it. The players on the team are friends the Coach needs to be a friend to have chemistry.
bull Wrote:I am not the only one that feels this way. Where would Pikeville be if Devon Adams & Daniel Harmon where playing? Why are they not playing for Pikeville? Why has Clark & Baker quit then come back? I don't think all this can be blamed on the players. There is a reason. Treat these guys like friends instead of treating them like you could care less about them and you have a possible 15th regional championship team in 2009. If a Coach treats one kid wrong on his team the other kids see it. The players on the team are friends the Coach needs to be a friend to have chemistry.

You have to be kidding, right?Smile
bull Wrote:I am not the only one that feels this way. Where would Pikeville be if Devon Adams & Daniel Harmon where playing? Why are they not playing for Pikeville? Why has Clark & Baker quit then come back? I don't think all this can be blamed on the players. There is a reason. Treat these guys like friends instead of treating them like you could care less about them and you have a possible 15th regional championship team in 2009. If a Coach treats one kid wrong on his team the other kids see it. The players on the team are friends the Coach needs to be a friend to have chemistry.

I don't know about being a friend. Role model yes. You gotta keep some distance and maintain respect.

Wrong place to make this comment. Another thread was closed because of comments like this.
congrats to the dawgs. great defensive game plan

I think I understand what you are trying to say. But, I think a staff of coaches has to have a good mix of personalities. I'm not sure that the head coach needs to be a best friend to his players, but his players should feel that they can go to him/her at any time if they have a problem on or away from the team. Respect from the players is the #1 thing a coach has to have. I'm not saying that Pikeville's coaches don't have respect. Usually the Head Coach is more demanding and gets on the kids pretty hard and the assts. are the ones doing some back patting.
bull Wrote:Coach Williams has showed real class all year not shaking the opposing teams hands after a loss (Shelby Valley,Edmonson County etc.) and to be a succesful Coach they are a couple of things i think you need that is Discipline and Friendship and Bart has neither. He fights and argues with players, they quit them come back and play, and he is so arrogant most of the kids don't respect him and he has no relationship with them at all they play because they love basketball not the program. it is a shame a couple kids that has give there heart to the program sit and watch. Treating the kids the way Coach Williams does the Pikeville program will never prosper. Hopefully the Board at Pikeville will soon wake up. If not i am a firm believer what goes around comes around.

Last time I checked Pikeville beat Edmonson County 75-60.
I am shocked that Pikeville would only score 25 points in a game. That team has too much talent to be laying eggs like that.

Coach Williams has got to get those players fired up to play even when the name on the other jersey doesn't say Shelby Valley on it. This team is capable of MUCH better.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I am shocked that Pikeville would only score 25 points in a game. That team has too much talent to be laying eggs like that.

Coach Williams has got to get those players fired up to play even when the name on the other jersey doesn't say Shelby Valley on it. This team is capable of MUCH better.

when does SV and Pikeville play again?
SportsKing Wrote:when does SV and Pikeville play again?

Feb. 12, at SV
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pikeville shot 10-53 from the field is what the radio said
ruff night for p-ville
Good win Dawgs
sacbunt Wrote:Last time I checked Pikeville beat Edmonson County 75-60.

Maybe he meant to say Woodford County. That's who beat us in the P.I.T.
20/20 Wrote:Who says he wants to quit? Again you have some good coaches and some bad, but you also have some kids and parents that are bad. That was my point when I said it is not worth it when you are teaching 11 great kids and one that is just a thorn(along with the parents). This may not be the case but as an outsider reading this thread just seems like a kid or parent who is whining over playing time. It is not always the coaches fault when a kid does not get playing time.
I agree, but evertime is kid is not playing doesnot mean he has an attitude either. That just the excuse coaches use. I know kids that have playes sports al their lives without any problems with 8 or 10 different coaches they have played for, now all of sudden they are disrespectful ..... BULL
i know, right? Wrote:Pikeville shot 10-53 from the field is what the radio said
ruff night for p-ville
Good win Dawgs

What did they shoot from the 3-point line?