Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville @ Hazard - Jan. 3
Who will win this one?
Hazard.
Depends. Both teams have played games all week. Depends on who has the legs left. I'll go with Hazard by 7.
i will go with hazard by 5 since we are playing at home
Hazard bounces back and wins 64-53
Hazard !!! GO DAWGS !!!!!!!!!!
Hazard by 14+
Hazard has too much for Pikeville inside IMO and should win this one by 8 or more.
Hazard by 12
I believe Hazard will bounce back and win this one by at least 5.

Go Bulldogs!!!
Pikeville has had a few days to practice after the P.I.T. and should be ready to play hard again. More kids on Pikeville have stepped up to give Bart more weapons to use. When you get the whole team shooting and scoring, it will pose a problem on double-teaming Matt or Gatlin. On one-on-one, Matt should be able to score at will, and should a defensive player leave his man to help on Matt, a kickout pass could mean a fieldgoal for Pikeville. Pikeville gave SV a good game with three shooters that night; five shooters could be hard to stop. Pikeville has the hustle on defense to create turnovers and to control the tempo of the game.
Pikeville will never beat any good team all year playing only 6 or 7 players
bull Wrote:Pikeville will never beat any good team all year playing only 6 or 7 players

they wont beat the bulldogs that way
Pikeville wears down towards the end of the game shots are off and they get out rebounded bart needs to play full court in your face defense with a 10 or 11 man rotation
Pikeville doesn't have anyone to contend with Jones or Campbell down low.

HHS by 10+.
bull Wrote:Pikeville will never beat any good team all year playing only 6 or 7 players

I do agree with you on the only 6 or 7 players observation; I was talking about Baker, Evans,and Cecil getting into the lineup along with the other players that Bart has been going with. Anytime that you run for a full game and play face-to-face defense, you got to have the bench depth to do it. IMO, this style of basketball is for the real fans of the game. My home team has been beaten before in this type of game but I knew that they gave it their all and the better team that night won. Nothing is better than that.
I'm looking forward to this game and I'm hoping to see Eric Back wearing the BLUE-N-GOLD!!

GO BULLDOGS!!!!!
I have wanted to see Matt Clevenger from Pikeville play and will now get the chance. I will say Hazard gets the W. Good luck and go dawgs!!
Im going to say Hazard by 5 or 10 but Pikeville makes it difficult to get a win
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:I'm looking forward to this game and I'm hoping to see Eric Back wearing the BLUE-N-GOLD!!

GO BULLDOGS!!!!!

He should be playing right? Anyone know for sure? Thanks
Memorial Gym #5 Wrote:He should be playing right? Anyone know for sure? Thanks

I asked Eric a couple of weeks ago how much longer he had and I'm pretty sure he said "January 3rd". So I'm hoping to see him play this Saturday. GOOOO DAWGS!!!!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Pikeville doesn't have anyone to contend with Jones or Campbell down low.

HHS by 10+.

I agree 100%. Good luck to both teams!
Hazard, Coach Holland will determine the winning margin.
I'm going to go with the Panthers in this one. Pikeville's guard play will be to much for the Dawgs! Even with Whitaker on the court, Pikeville has three guards that's as good as any guards in the mtns.
KentuckyGent44 Wrote:I do agree with you on the only 6 or 7 players observation; I was talking about Baker, Evans,and Cecil getting into the lineup along with the other players that Bart has been going with. Anytime that you run for a full game and play face-to-face defense, you got to have the bench depth to do it. IMO, this style of basketball is for the real fans of the game. My home team has been beaten before in this type of game but I knew that they gave it their all and the better team that night won. Nothing is better than that.

Don't you think that Taylor Ratliff is going to have to get into the mix at some point! He was getting alot more PT early on, what's happened?
SportsKing Wrote:Don't you think that Taylor Ratliff is going to have to get into the mix at some point! He was getting alot more PT early on, what's happened?

I added the other three players to the 7 that were playing early. That would be ten players in rotation that would surely help Pikeville in their style of play. I think that running fresh players into the game can only help the team. One or two minutes rest gives players a second wind and a new burst of energy, and puts a fresh person on the opposing player. A deep bench is a big plus for teams, it will win games. I do not understand some of the game plans that Bart uses, but he is the coach and makes the decisions. Taylor has a place on the team and should be used. The more that a young player gets to play, the better that he will become. That is why a senior plays better than a freshman. Experience is a wonderful teacher.
Hazard will pull away in the 4th for the 10+ win.
SportsKing Wrote:I'm going to go with the Panthers in this one. Pikeville's guard play will be to much for the Dawgs! Even with Whitaker on the court, Pikeville has three guards that's as good as any guards in the mtns.

That's a pretty bold statement considering your talking about one of the top 2 or 3, and some people argue the best, point man in the mountains. I've seen this kid play a couple of times, he doesn't make many mistakes and handles the ball better than anyone I've seen in a while.
I wish both teams luck, but I gotta go with the Dawgs on this one, by more than 10 pts.
I will be surprised if Hazard doesn't win by more than 15... Jones and Warren will have their way with Pikeville.