• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Ridge 80 - Allen Central 35
Final from the Expo Center.
Stats?
wow
this score shocks me is ER this good or AC that bad
ball boy Wrote:wow

AC did have there two best players quit last week and there other really good player quit after the first game, but you cannot take anything away from ER because this is a pretty impressive victory.

Congrats Warriors!
ball boy Wrote:wow

ac is that bad
Real Badman Wrote:Final from the Expo Center.
suprise surprise surprise !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What is this all about? I thought some people said on the last thread that Mark Martin had this team gelling.

This is no where near as bad as it is going to get. I hope these boys dont get so discouraged with the mess made for them that they lose interest in the game. The administration really put these kids left to endure in a bad, bad, spot.
brain cramp Wrote:What is this all about? I thought some people said on the last thread that Mark Martin had this team gelling.

This is no where near as bad as it is going to get. I hope these boys dont get so discouraged with the mess made for them that they lose interest in the game. The administration really put these kids left to endure in a bad, bad, spot.

Just wondering, what the the administration do?
BeaverCreek Connection Wrote:Just wondering, what the the administration do?

They made a coaching change to start with. Not the first time they have removed a successful coach either.
I don't think that Allen Central is bad at all. A lot of teams are getting overlooked in the 15th this year, East Ridge included- They may be a young team but they have proved to be pretty impressive to me this year.
What has happened?? AC was the district champs last year in Basketball, Baseball, and Softball. What has happened?? Isn't going to be ACDC this year. If they want to get back in the grove they need to get JOHNNY MARTIN back from last year.
angelm1461 Wrote:What has happened?? AC was the district champs last year in Basketball, Baseball, and Softball. What has happened?? Isn't going to be ACDC this year. If they want to get back in the grove they need to get JOHNNY MARTIN back from last year.
with sis its not about winning , its about who you owe bif favors to. She has tried for the last 3 years to give that job to mark, but she had to wait til johnny's contract was up.
HEY, where are all the ac fans today? Just yesterday we were great don't need prater ot the crowders. You can donate all the money you want to get your son a spot, you can defend mark, you can put down the crowders and prater, but that going to make you a good player, anybody can run up and down the floor. well, almost anybody.
angelm1461 Wrote:What has happened?? AC was the district champs last year in Basketball, Baseball, and Softball. What has happened?? Isn't going to be ACDC this year. If they want to get back in the grove they need to get JOHNNY MARTIN back from last year.
Ask sis why she gave this job to her buddy , Its obvious he is more important to her than these kids are.
congrats east ridge
Great job Warriors. Stats anyone?
Congrats East Ridge
true_blue221 Wrote:I don't think that Allen Central is bad at all. A lot of teams are getting overlooked in the 15th this year, East Ridge included- They may be a young team but they have proved to be pretty impressive to me this year.

I don't fully understand your post. Are you implying that Allen Central isn't bad? And are you trying to say that East Ridge is young? ER is stacked with upperclassmen, mostly juniors and look very impressive. I personally look forward to seeing ER play "an impressive" team so we can see the real Warriors. It seems like they play down to their compeition and once they play someone stronger, you'll see an impressive team. East Ridge is in the Top 5 of the region so far.

As for Allen Central, their play speaks for themselves. Mark Martin wants his team to play a ball control style to dictate tempo with players not capable at this point to perform the task. What ends up happening is AC turns the ball over making too many passes on offense, giving up easy buckets to opponents and getting themselves behind the 8-ball quickly. Yesterday, the Rebels showed no urgency to try and make a run to comeback in the game. They conceded the contest, choosing instead to work on their offense and play for the bigger picture. Will the player buy into this? Will this truly change the attitude of the team? We'll find out.

If you're playing next season already AC, why not start Harlow in the post over Salisbury? Let the younger guys like Tanner Walters, Meade and Woods play more over others. Those players appear to have potential athletically. Continue to play Seth Jarrell every chance you get. And hopefully someone like Chris Stumbo will step up and be a leader.
jammin' jamey Wrote:I don't fully understand your post. Are you implying that Allen Central isn't bad? And are you trying to say that East Ridge is young? ER is stacked with upperclassmen, mostly juniors and look very impressive. I personally look forward to seeing ER play "an impressive" team so we can see the real Warriors. It seems like they play down to their compeition and once they play someone stronger, you'll see an impressive team. East Ridge is in the Top 5 of the region so far.

As for Allen Central, their play speaks for themselves. Mark Martin wants his team to play a ball control style to dictate tempo with players not capable at this point to perform the task. What ends up happening is AC turns the ball over making too many passes on offense, giving up easy buckets to opponents and getting themselves behind the 8-ball quickly. Yesterday, the Rebels showed no urgency to try and make a run to comeback in the game. They conceded the contest, choosing instead to work on their offense and play for the bigger picture. Will the player buy into this? Will this truly change the attitude of the team? We'll find out.

If you're playing next season already AC, why not start Harlow in the post over Salisbury? Let the younger guys like Tanner Walters, Meade and Woods play more over others. Those players appear to have potential athletically. Continue to play Seth Jarrell every chance you get. And hopefully someone like Chris Stumbo will step up and be a leader.

Nice post, but Salisbury is only a junior also. There isn't a senior on the whole team. But i think it's too early to start playing for next year, it's only like 6 games in. But I think if they speed up the tempo, the players will have more fun and want to play harder. That will make their performance better. But like you said, we'll see how they start responding.
Ouch! Nice win Warriors!
true_blue221 Wrote:I don't think that Allen Central is bad at all. A lot of teams are getting overlooked in the 15th this year, East Ridge included- They may be a young team but they have proved to be pretty impressive to me this year.
I must say you are easily impressed. What would it take to depress you?
runninrebs21 Wrote:Nice post, but Salisbury is only a junior also. There isn't a senior on the whole team. But i think it's too early to start playing for next year, it's only like 6 games in. But I think if they speed up the tempo, the players will have more fun and want to play harder. That will make their performance better. But like you said, we'll see how they start responding.
If you can't coach this year you don't start planning for next year these boys aren't pros their time is running out. You can't play that old ball from the 70's and expect to win the games has changed. I know a coach that tries to slow thew ball down just to keep from getting beat so much. It backfires on him everytime. Just too many turnovers
runninrebs21 Wrote:Nice post, but Salisbury is only a junior also. There isn't a senior on the whole team. But i think it's too early to start playing for next year, it's only like 6 games in. But I think if they speed up the tempo, the players will have more fun and want to play harder. That will make their performance better. But like you said, we'll see how they start responding.

Well, if the head coach doesn't make adjustments to his gameplan despite being down 20 points early in a game as the Rebels found themselves in yesterday, then why play for this season. AC got down early and never tried to press, go man-to-man, or look to create easy buckets to get back into the game. The coach conceded the game and the team continued to pass the ball around, looking for the best shot possible and taking as much time on offense as possible every time down court despite the amount of points they trailed in the game. If that's what Mark wants to do, then go ahead and concede the season.

I see what he's doing, but I don't agree with it completely. At least try to cut into the lead early and make the score respectful and if you still find yourself down 20+ late in the game, bring in the guys deep off the bench and run your offense - then ignore the scoreboard. Yesterday, AC ignored the scoreboard from the get-go.
Congrats East Ridge
AC is playing with a very young team who has very little playing experience, they will get better in time. Why bash the coach he was given the job.. he didn't take it.
If you were so concerned why didn't someone or eveyone band together last May or June when everyone new Johnny was not going to be rehired and do something then.
Lets qiut crying about what we did not do and support the team and the coach
Wow, that was quite a bit more lopsided than I would have guessed. Congrats East Ridge
fball fan Wrote:AC is playing with a very young team who has very little playing experience, they will get better in time. Why bash the coach he was given the job.. he didn't take it.
If you were so concerned why didn't someone or eveyone band together last May or June when everyone new Johnny was not going to be rehired and do something then.
Lets qiut crying about what we did not do and support the team and the coach

I dont remember too many people supporting this to be honest. I dont think that people going to the administration with concerns meant too much. I think this was sprung on people. If you can get people on board with all this happy stuff though, I am with you. I hope we can all get together hold hands and sing songs and not worry about the economy, education or ongoing military struggles. We can just quit saying anything at all and support all of leaders, congressmen, judges, principals, teachers and coaches and just all get along.
brain cramp Wrote:I dont remember too many people supporting this to be honest. I dont think that people going to the administration with concerns meant too much. I think this was sprung on people. If you can get people on board with all this happy stuff though, I am with you. I hope we can all get together hold hands and sing songs and not worry about the economy, education or ongoing military struggles. We can just quit saying anything at all and support all of leaders, congressmen, judges, principals, teachers and coaches and just all get along.

We need to be the ones who run our schools, state, country. The Admin. has to listen when we the people get together and voice our opinion. But lets all stay home don't vote and complain about what happens in our schools, economy etc.
fball fan Wrote:We need to be the ones who run our schools, state, country. The Admin. has to listen when we the people get together and voice our opinion. But lets all stay home don't vote and complain about what happens in our schools, economy etc.

i assure you that I have never missed a vote. you go in and tell the admin what to do and have 50 just like you with you and tell me how that goes. remember that in another post that you stated that J Martin was let go because he did not see eye to eye with the boss.
AC just does not have alot good players.Just give it sum time and maybe they will progress. Best of luck to Coach Mark Martin.