Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BluegrassRivals.com Boys Basketball Top 20 (Dec. 15)
[SIZE=5]BGR's Boys Basketball Top 20 (12/15)

1. Jeffersontown (3)
2. Scott County (1)
3. Bryan Station
(T) Holmes
5. Paul Dunbar
6. Elliott County
7. Lexington Catholic
8. Shelby Valley
9. Eastern
10. DuPont Manual
11. George Rogers Clark
12. Pleasure Ridge Park
13. Ballard
14. Highlands
15. Madison Central
16. Marshall County
17. Boone County
18. Mason County
19. Bardstown
20. Moore

[/SIZE]
There ya go, finally some decent love for Eastern. I think that is about the perfect ranking for them at this point. Also like that Moore is sneeking into the Top 20. Still not sold on J'Town at #1. We shall see...
Looks like the BGR voters don't give Elliott the love that the rest of the state polls do......What's that all about???? I see that HC has been excluded?
letthebighogroot Wrote:Looks like the BGR voters don't give Elliott the love that the rest of the state polls do......What's that all about???? I see that HC has been excluded?

Most of these teams in the top 20 have already been tested, and Elliott County is one that hasn't.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Most of these teams in the top 20 have already been tested, and Elliott County is one that hasn't.

Fair enough.... I guess the coaches and media feel differently.
Man I would have really loved to seen the outcome of the Dunbar-Valley game. Does anyone know if they may make it up?
letthebighogroot Wrote:Looks like the BGR voters don't give Elliott the love that the rest of the state polls do......What's that all about???? I see that HC has been excluded?

I see nothing wrong with the BGR poll. I myself voted Elliott #5 (with Bryan Station #6), but I have no problem with the overall tally placing them at #6. Can you honestly say that Elliott should without a doubt be rated ahead of any of the five above them? I can't, those are five really good teams. You could make a case for Elliott to be higher, just as easily as you could justify them being right where they are.

I assume that by "HC" you mean Henry Clay, and yes, they were excluded. I don't think they even got a single vote. Then again, I suppose that 36-point smackdown SV laid on them probably makes it hard to garner much support.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
letthebighogroot Wrote:Fair enough.... I guess the coaches and media feel differently.

The media knows no more than the voters on this poll in my opinion. Coaches may be a different story, but this poll should carry as much weight as any media poll.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Now that looks more like a Poll. Nice Job.
Now, If you don't mind....lol......I have a few more suggestions.
What about at the bottom you add:

Others Recieving Votes: Team A, Team B, Team C.....etc.

Teams Enteringing the Poll: Team A, Team B....etc.

Teams Exiting the Poll: Team A, Team B....etc.

Also maybe next to their number position put previous week rankings.
2. (1) Scott Co.

Just making some suggestions. Would like to see the Poll look better and get actually noticed by some one. You know get a little recognition.
Keep up the good work BGR.
Magnum PI Wrote:Now that looks more like a Poll. Nice Job.
Now, If you don't mind....lol......I have a few more suggestions.
What about at the bottom you add:

Others Recieving Votes: Team A, Team B, Team C.....etc.

Teams Enteringing the Poll: Team A, Team B....etc.

Teams Exiting the Poll: Team A, Team B....etc.

Also maybe next to their number position put previous week rankings.
2. (1) Scott Co.

Just making some suggestions. Would like to see the Poll look better and get actually noticed by some one. You know get a little recognition.
Keep up the good work BGR.

You already got your one wish.Wink
More Cowbell Wrote:I see nothing wrong with the BGR poll. I myself voted Elliott #5 (with Bryan Station #6), but I have no problem with the overall tally placing them at #6. Can you honestly say that Elliott should without a doubt be rated ahead of any of the five above them? I can't, those are five really good teams. You could make a case for Elliott to be higher, just as easily as you could justify them being right where they are.

I assume that by "HC" you mean Henry Clay, and yes, they were excluded. I don't think they even got a single vote. Then again, I suppose that 36-point smackdown SV laid on them probably makes it hard to garner much support.

Yes I meant Henry Clay. I was referring to their not being ranked anywhere except on BGR! As for Elliott, I was referring to the post that said they hadn't been tested. Yet the BGR #1, Jeffersontown, has played.......Atherton, Christian Academy of Louisville, KY. Country Day, and Whitley Co.........Indeed they have faced some LEGIT teams!!!!!!! I was simply saying don't down one and reward another! I'm sure you would agree!
Im glad Bardstown is still in the top 20 considering there embarrasing loss to Western on Saturday. They did beat John Hardin on friday, and it wasn't there best game either. They have so much potential. Once all their little kinks are worked out, they should be a power
Can't wait to see this after the Holiday tournaments....should be interesting
letthebighogroot Wrote:Yes I meant Henry Clay. I was referring to their not being ranked anywhere except on BGR! As for Elliott, I was referring to the post that said they hadn't been tested. Yet the BGR #1, Jeffersontown, has played.......Atherton, Christian Academy of Louisville, KY. Country Day, and Whitley Co.........Indeed they have faced some LEGIT teams!!!!!!! I was simply saying don't down one and reward another! I'm sure you would agree!

With regards to Elliott, my point was that there is not a definite reason to rank them ahead of the teams in front of them. Yes, J-town has not been tested, but that merely puts them in the same boat as Elliott. Until they play (and beat) the better teams on their schedule, you can't justify jumping them ahead of the schools in front of them, unless one of those schools suffers a bad loss.

You mentioned "don't down one" in reference to Elliott, but I don't think that being ranked #6 is an insult. Again, those are some pretty good teams ranked #1-5! Unless someone can give a definite reason to put Elliott ahead of one of those teams, then I have no problem with where they are ranked.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:With regards to Elliott, my point was that there is not a definite reason to rank them ahead of the teams in front of them. Yes, J-town has not been tested, but that merely puts them in the same boat as Elliott. Until they play (and beat) the better teams on their schedule, you can't justify jumping them ahead of the schools in front of them, unless one of those schools suffers a bad loss.

You mentioned "don't down one" in reference to Elliott, but I don't think that being ranked #6 is an insult. Again, those are some pretty good teams ranked #1-5! Unless someone can give a definite reason to put Elliott ahead of one of those teams, then I have no problem with where they are ranked.

I wouldn't call it the same boat..........Neither have played a solid team, one is ranked #1, one is ranked #6. Believe me, I know Elliott isn't number one in the state.... But when you have Jeffersontown ranked #1.............Ain't nobody can play the "competition" card!!!!!! As for jumping teams without them having bad loses.............I've seen a certain 15th team do just that........And I bet they will again....................
letthebighogroot Wrote:I wouldn't call it the same boat..........Neither have played a solid team, one is ranked #1, one is ranked #6. Believe me, I know Elliott isn't number one in the state.... But when you have Jeffersontown ranked #1.............Ain't nobody can play the "competition" card!!!!!! As for jumping teams without them having bad loses.............I've seen a certain 15th team do just that........And I bet they will again....................

Shelby Valley defeated a Walton team with 2 players ranked in the top 100 in the nation for their classes. Who has Elliott beaten this year?
PC_You_Know Wrote:Shelby Valley defeated a Walton team with 2 players ranked in the top 100 in the nation for their classes. Who has Elliott beaten this year?

2 players does not a team make..........Where is Walton ranked in the state of Georgia? Since we are talking about KY.... I readily admit, Valley is a good team. I do wonder though if they had ridden a bus to GA if the result would have been the same, but that don't matter, a win is a win. But My question stands. Just because a team has 2 very good players, that don't make them a good team! Got a link to their rank yet??
letthebighogroot Wrote:2 players does not a team make..........Where is Walton ranked in the state of Georgia? Since we are talking about KY.... I readily admit, Valley is a good team. I do wonder though if they had ridden a bus to GA if the result would have been the same, but that don't matter, a win is a win. But My question stands. Just because a team has 2 very good players, that don't make them a good team! Got a link to their rank yet??

Walton is ranked 3rd in class 5A, Georgia's largest class.

http://ga.prepcountry.com/?t=30&w=1&m=21...11&class=5

Walton's remaining schedule...
http://ga.prepcountry.com/?t=5&w=1&wy=2009&s=11&sc=354
letthebighogroot Wrote:2 players does not a team make..........Where is Walton ranked in the state of Georgia? Since we are talking about KY.... I readily admit, Valley is a good team. I do wonder though if they had ridden a bus to GA if the result would have been the same, but that don't matter, a win is a win. But My question stands. Just because a team has 2 very good players, that don't make them a good team! Got a link to their rank yet??

I honestly couldn't care less where they're ranked. Walton won the state title 2 years ago, Rice and the other boy were on the squad then too. When was the last time Elliott played a team with two ACC signees? Wait, when was the last time this season Elliott played a respectful team? Oh yeah, that hasn't happened yet, their cupcake schedule lasts the ENTIRE year other than the All A.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Walton is ranked 3rd in class 5A, Georgia's largest class.

http://ga.prepcountry.com/?t=30&w=1&m=21...11&class=5

Sounds like a pretty respectful team to me, wouldn't you say?
PC_You_Know Wrote:I honestly couldn't care less where they're ranked. Walton won the state title 2 years ago, Rice and the other boy were on the squad then too. When was the last time Elliott played a team with two ACC signees? Wait, when was the last time this season Elliott played a respectful team? Oh yeah, that hasn't happened yet, their cupcake schedule lasts the ENTIRE year other than the All A.
The Kentucky Bank Shootout starts with Elliott County playing South Charleston WV. Other teams in it include Mason County, Doss, Franklin County, Clark County and Letcher County Central. Thats not a weak field.

The Beachball classic is one of the top tournaments in the Country.

Teams in this tournament include Arlington Country Day-FL, Boy's and Girls - NY, Cedar Hill - TX, Fayette County - GA, JL Mann - SC, Martin Luther King - CA, Mullins - SC, Myrtle Beach - SC, Patterson Catholic - NJ, Pennsbury - PA, Pickering - Canada, Socastee - SC, Southside - SC, St Patrick - NJ and Wheeler -GA.

Here is a link to check out some of these teams.

http://beachballclassic.com/Teams/BeachB...fault.aspx

Elliott County starts out with Cedar Hill TX. After that they will play Martin Luther King or Myrtle Beach.

They also have a scheduled game with Mason County Feb 10th.

Thats hardly a cupcake schedule.
Neither has a cupcake schedule as the Great Florida Shootout is one of the nation's top tournaments as well, but up to this point Shelby Valley has played a slightly harder schedule.

The only way this argument will be settled is in the All A, if we are lucky enough to see a match up of that magnitude.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
FBALL Wrote:The Kentucky Bank Shootout starts with Elliott County playing South Charleston WV. Other teams in it include Mason County, Doss, Franklin County, Clark County and Letcher County Central. Thats not a weak field.

The Beachball classic is one of the top tournaments in the Country.

Teams in this tournament include Arlington Country Day-FL, Boy's and Girls - NY, Cedar Hill - TX, Fayette County - GA, JL Mann - SC, Martin Luther King - CA, Mullins - SC, Myrtle Beach - SC, Patterson Catholic - NJ, Pennsbury - PA, Pickering - Canada, Socastee - SC, Southside - SC, St Patrick - NJ and Wheeler -GA.

Here is a link to check out some of these teams.

http://beachballclassic.com/Teams/BeachB...fault.aspx

Elliott County starts out with Cedar Hill TX. After that they will play Martin Luther King or Myrtle Beach.

They also have a scheduled game with Mason County Feb 10th.

Thats hardly a cupcake schedule.

Thing with Elliott's schedule is this, they have to win to play tough competition, they lose once in that tourny and they look like cupcakes still.
Well Shelby Valley played a couple of good teams, and demolished them. Yeah Elliott County is killing people, but like someone else said, they have played NOBODY yet. Until they play someone worth playing, i don't see them as a better team than Valley. I would love to see these two teams play in the All A, but i honestly think Elisha and the Wildcats would come out with the win. Good luck to both.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Thing with Elliott's schedule is this, they have to win to play tough competition, they lose once in that tourny and they look like cupcakes still.
I think you should look at that again. Rolleyes

If you want to compare them than why don't you objectively look at Elliott's schedule and the schedule of the team that you think is much tougher.

Outside of the tournaments and maybe a game or two any team from the 15th or 16th region has a "cupcake" schedule.
runninrebs21 Wrote:Well Shelby Valley played a couple of good teams, and demolished them. Yeah Elliott County is killing people, but like someone else said, they have played NOBODY yet. Until they play someone worth playing, i don't see them as a better team than Valley. I would love to see these two teams play in the All A, but i honestly think Elisha and the Wildcats would come out with the win. Good luck to both.

Elliott beat West carter and they are a pretty good team.At least as good or if not better than Henry Clay.

I respect your opinion on who would win but what makes you think Justice would fair any better against Fualkner for a second go around?
letthebighogroot Wrote:I wouldn't call it the same boat..........Neither have played a solid team, one is ranked #1, one is ranked #6. Believe me, I know Elliott isn't number one in the state.... But when you have Jeffersontown ranked #1.............Ain't nobody can play the "competition" card!!!!!! As for jumping teams without them having bad loses.............I've seen a certain 15th team do just that........And I bet they will again....................

Again, tell me who in spots #1-5 should definitely be ranked lower than Elliott County? You can't, because those are some really good teams. You could say that Elliott has played just as tough a schedule as J-Town, but how does that translate to saying they should be ranked higher than them? I could see your point if you were arguing that J-Town should be lower due to their weak schedule, maybe they haven't proved anything yet. But why is it such an insult that Elliott is ranked #6? Can you say without a doubt that they should be ranked ahead of J-Town, Holmes, Scott Co., Bryan Station, or Dunbar?

And as for jumping teams, yes, a certain team from the 15th did move up in the polls. But you fail to mention two big differences in the two situations. One, SV had played a stronger schedule to date (Henry Clay, Walton) and deserved to jump some teams who had not performed as well so far. Second, the teams they were jumping were not of the same caliber as the teams still in front of Elliott. Notice that this mysterious "team from the 15th" is still ranked a couple spots behind Elliott as well. Now, if this team should somehow leapfrog Elliott (without them suffering a bad loss), then you'll have a legitimate beef.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kybaseball Wrote:Elliott beat West carter and they are a pretty good team.At least as good or if not better than Henry Clay.

I respect your opinion on who would win but what makes you think Justice would fair any better against Fualkner for a second go around?
Maybe because not only did he hold his own, but he out shined 2 major D-1 commits and 2 of the top 100 players in the nation on the same team. Now for your question, can you say without a doubt that things would be the same this year as they was last year?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Maybe because not only did he hold his own, but he out shined 2 major D-1 commits and 2 of the top 100 players in the nation on the same team. Now for your question, can you say without a doubt that things would be the same this year as they was last year?

Did they play against each other last year?:confused: I will have to give the edge to Fualkner I believe he is bigger faster and stronger. I can not say it would be the same as the last time they met but on those same lines no one can say without a doubt it would be any different either.Wink

I am not bashing EJ in anyway.What I have seen he is a wonderful player but we all must be realestic.
He might be bigger than Elisha, and i dont know about stronger, but Elisha is one of the quickest players i have ever seen and played against. His hands on defense are unreal. When did they last play against each other?