Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the best coach in 3A football?
lets hear the thoughts on this thread
Even though he isnt a head coach, I think John Paul Chapman is one of the best coaches in 3A or in the state for that matter.
yea i agree chapman is a defensive master mind.
Haywood, McGlone, and Holcomb in no particular order
Holcomb!!!!!
Take these names:
- Haywood
- Holcomb
- McGlone
- Larkey
- Buchanon
- Scroggns
- Cobb
- Hager

Place them in a hat and whoever you draw will be a very, very, very good coach for your school.

3A may also have three of the Top 5 Assistant Coaches in the state in Belfry's Mickey, Russell's Morris, and Breathitt's Chapman.
Mike Whitaker from Powell wouldnt be a bad fit anywhere. The man can coach!
bobcatfan22 Wrote:Mike Whitaker from Powell wouldnt be a bad fit anywhere. The man can coach!

i agree
mike whitaker hands down
Judging from some of the Russell and Belfry fans you can't put McGlone or Haywood on the list. They each have over 300 wins but both are now old and can't call plays anymore.Wink

I think David Buchanan would get my voter right now. He does a great job and has built the Mason County program from scratch. A very good offensive mind and I have not met anybody with a negative word to say about the guy.
I would have to say Scroggins from Central. Been in 3A(the new 3A, was at Doss 5A before) for two seasons. Two years in 3A, two state championship games. 1-0 so far.
Ben Howard from Letcher County is an outstanding young coach.
Dale Mueller, but since he plays up TWO classes, I will go with Scroggins from Central.
Blau Vogel Wrote:Dale Mueller, but since he plays up TWO classes, I will go with Scroggins from Central.

I honeslty think ALL privates should be forced to play up in classification
FBALL Wrote:Judging from some of the Russell and Belfry fans you can't put McGlone or Haywood on the list. They each have over 300 wins but both are now old and can't call plays anymore.Wink

I think David Buchanan would get my voter right now. He does a great job and has built the Mason County program from scratch. A very good offensive mind and I have not met anybody with a negative word to say about the guy.

But he cant win the BIG game.
Scroggins!
Pigskinman53 Wrote:I honeslty think ALL privates should be forced to play up in classification
That wouldn't affect Highlands, they are not a private school.
Fred Sanford Wrote:But he cant win the BIG game.
Which one?

McGlone, Haywood or Buchanan?
Holcomb has done a great job @ Breathitt County this year and is the 3A coach of the year in my opinion.......Overall, he has not done bad either.......Haywood from Belfry is very good also, as is the coach from Russell.........
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Brad Allen @East Ridge is REALLY turning things around.
Dudley hilton from bell also.
xwarrior Wrote:Brad Allen @East Ridge is REALLY turning things around.

Good to hear, how do him and his brother casey do as coaches over there?
Scroggins- the fact that he has his team back at the state finals
Holcomb- Coach Holcomb and his bobcats are also in the state finals
Haywood- one word.. BONE. that bout wraps it up

Not to step on any toes, but these are really the only 3 A coaches that I have played against and or know anything about
Rodney Turpin is a good coach
McGlone, Haywood, amd Holcomb. Whitaker is making his way there.
Magicjefferson25 Wrote:Good to hear, how do him and his brother casey do as coaches over there?

Wel, they only won one game, don't know much football, but the kids really like them.
TC Card Wrote:Rodney Turpin is a good coach
He has a career record of like 20-40 and one winning season as a coach @ TC....Not sure if he has coached @ another school......
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Haywood
[quote=State Champs]Ben Howard from Letcher County is an outstanding young coach.[/QUOTE

they are in 5a.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:He has a career record of like 20-40 and one winning season as a coach @ TC....Not sure if he has coached @ another school......

He is a good coach and everyone likes him pretty much I think he has settled in and has 3 straight winning season coming for him.