Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Breathitt County
53.10%
Louisville Central
46.90%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt Vs. Central 2008 Class AAA State Chamionship
cuppett777 Wrote:i agree 100 percent, but we made mistake and they didnt, may happen again this week who knows that why they play the game, but i say central by 2-3 tds..

You are giving Belfry way to much credit then needed. Belfry made them mistakes because of Breathitt and what Breathitt done on defense. Breathitt hit them in the face from the start and never quit. Belfry was to big of girls to fight back. Breathitt hard nose play on defense is why Belfry fumbled so many times and why Channing Fugate made the interception. Not because Belfry did not come ready to play. By the way, Channing Fugate proved he is better then Belfrys RB's at every aspect of the game. You will find out when they play right with Central. Thats on ly if they win the turnover battle. If they win that then it is a close game from start to finish.
Crazy Horse Wrote:You are giving Belfry way to much credit then needed. Belfry made them mistakes because of Breathitt and what Breathitt done on defense. Breathitt hit them in the face from the start and never quit. Belfry was to big of girls to fight back. Breathitt hard nose play on defense is why Belfry fumbled so many times and why Channing Fugate made the interception. Not because Belfry did not come ready to play. By the way, Channing Fugate proved he is better then Belfrys RB's at every aspect of the game. You will find out when they play right with Central. Thats on ly if they win the turnover battle. If they win that then it is a close game from start to finish.

No.
Chaos377 Wrote:thats what im talking about they have great hands but a qb that is better then most you can find around here and they could score alot more if they would just mix it up more and if they dont do that then they will lose to central yeah he can run but a team like central and the experience they have you cant run the ball everytime

I can see where you are coming from. But look at it from Breathitt point of view. Not yours. You saw in the 2nd half of the Belfry game when they went away from Channing, they could not extend the lead. In the first half Channing had 10 carries for 175 or something. At the half he needs at least 16 or 17. To win against Central they need a big game from there best player and RB Channing Fugate. Late in the game when you have the lead you give the ball to your playmaker or I should say horse and let him bring home the victory. I am not saying go away from the other boys, all I am saying is when it comes to you needing a big play, go to your playmaker and don't shy away from him.
Belfry0304 Wrote:No.

YES!
Central turned the ball over 5 times last year against Belfry. One was inside the 10. Belfry scored only 17 points. Central has speed, size, and skill. Also looking for the first back to back titles by a JCPS school since the 60's I believe. The big game is coming Breathitt fans. Don't think because you beat Belfry that Central is not going to show up and play hard. The Yellowjackets have been playing good hard football for a while. I am going with the Yellowjackets but I am a homer.

Central
35-21
I seriously hope Breathitt stomps a mudhole in 'em and walks it dry.

Problem is that you gotta catch 'em first. Central has too much speed I'm afraid.

That said, I was wrong last week. Maybe, hopefully, I'm wrong THIS week.
good luck breathitt
Go Bobcats! Congrats on the hard fought game Friday night...........
Good Luck Breathitt County

GO BOBCATS
Sarrr Wrote:I seriously hope Breathitt stomps a mudhole in 'em and walks it dry.

Problem is that you gotta catch 'em first. Central has too much speed I'm afraid.

That said, I was wrong last week. Maybe, hopefully, I'm wrong THIS week.
Fort Knox had speed, as did Franklin-Simpson.....The thing about city teams is that do not handle being hit hard well, and elite teams from the mountains are very physical.....If Breathitt can come out and smack Central around physically, I think Central will blow up mentally......But if the Bobcats let the Yellow-Jackets control the physicality of the game, it could be a long day for the Bobcats! Go get em Bobcats!
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Fort Knox had speed, as did Franklin-Simpson.....The thing about city teams is that do not handle being hit hard well, and elite teams from the mountains are very physical.....If Breathitt can come out and smack Central around physically, I think Central will blow up mentally......But if the Bobcats let the Yellow-Jackets control the physicality of the game, it could be a long day for the Bobcats! Go get em Bobcats!

Yeah that is a hard place to win at. I believe that is the third or fourth time Belfry has been beat at the CAM.
Crazy Horse Wrote:You are giving Belfry way to much credit then needed. Belfry made them mistakes because of Breathitt and what Breathitt done on defense. Breathitt hit them in the face from the start and never quit. Belfry was to big of girls to fight back. Breathitt hard nose play on defense is why Belfry fumbled so many times and why Channing Fugate made the interception. Not because Belfry did not come ready to play. By the way, Channing Fugate proved he is better then Belfrys RB's at every aspect of the game. You will find out when they play right with Central. Thats on ly if they win the turnover battle. If they win that then it is a close game from start to finish.

Thats kinda a hard knock against our team. If both teams played 100%, Belfry would win. But thats not what this thread is about.

Central by 2 TD's.
C.Clair Wrote:I also hope that Channing runs all over Central so maybe he and Breathitt will start getting some respect.

Well if he can do that and you guys win I say you will get alot of it.
3ilovethisgame3 Wrote:This is guaranteed to be a great football game if the Bobcats keep getting it done on offense and defense!

Breathitt is going to bring it back to the mountains, I wish them the best of luck!

Theres that if word again, if Belfry woundt have had 4 turnovers they win the game.
Magicjefferson25 Wrote:i guess it is better that breathitt won than belfry, because face it belfry is a running team. breathitt is more run oriented, but we do have a really good passing game, that belfry is no where near. there fore breathitt will be the better choice against central because we mix it up more than belfry.

We didnt have to pass this year, but I can guarantee that Elkins, is a better passer,and all around qb. He has had only 3-4 as a starer and has started for 3 years.
C.Clair Wrote:Thats a bold statement. What makes you say that?

You will see what he means come Friday about 3 o'clock.
Footballhillbilly25 Wrote:Ill take Breathitt in this one because anyone who can beat the Belfry Pirates at CAM Stadium in front of all those screaming Pond Creek Fans deserves to win the state title
Well Russell did it in 2006 and still lost to Mercer County in the Title game. Deserve has nothing to do with it.
cwallen73 Wrote:well IMO they didn't really play that well, the turnovers is what hurt belfry in that game, 2 fumbles, an interception and a turnover on downs in the redzone. They are going to have to bring their A-Game in this game against Central. Good Luck Bobcats. Make the mountains pround and bring it back boys!

They had 3 fumbles, one by Varney, Lee, and Elkins,then the int which makes 4..
Crazy Horse Wrote:I can see where you are coming from. But look at it from Breathitt point of view. Not yours. You saw in the 2nd half of the Belfry game when they went away from Channing, they could not extend the lead. In the first half Channing had 10 carries for 175 or something. At the half he needs at least 16 or 17. To win against Central they need a big game from there best player and RB Channing Fugate. Late in the game when you have the lead you give the ball to your playmaker or I should say horse and let him bring home the victory. I am not saying go away from the other boys, all I am saying is when it comes to you needing a big play, go to your playmaker and don't shy away from him.

He had I think 190 at half,ended up with i think 215-220, they gave it to him but he didnt go now here in the second half.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Fort Knox had speed, as did Franklin-Simpson.....The thing about city teams is that do not handle being hit hard well, and elite teams from the mountains are very physical.....If Breathitt can come out and smack Central around physically, I think Central will blow up mentally......But if the Bobcats let the Yellow-Jackets control the physicality of the game, it could be a long day for the Bobcats! Go get em Bobcats!

Didnt bother them last year,without a doubt the Belfry defence for last year is alot better than the bobcats this year..
hs athletics fan Wrote:Yeah that is a hard place to win at. I believe that is the third or fourth time Belfry has been beat at the CAM.

Fourth time.
I hope Breathitt can pull it off.
Belfry fumbled the ball because we forced them to rely on the option. We took the belly and veer away from them. And then in desperation mode late in the game belfry went to the flex and had some success, but at the point it was too late. Varney and Elkins had some success but we knew that those two couldn't beat us, thats why we focused on make life miserable for Dotson and Lee. Plain and simple the better team won Friday. Breathitt was faster, stronger, and more athletic than belfry. And actually despite the "myth" had more depth than belfry. Belfry has numbers but not depth.
I disagree with your statement. This was a very evenly matched ball game that could have gone either way. Belfry had just as much talent as the Bobcats. I would give the edge to Breathitt on running backs this year. I am always amazed when a good game like this takes place and no one can respect what they have witnessed. Belfry was a mistake away from taking this ballgame and yes the defense of the Bobcats helped in this area. Belfry’s defense held the cats scoreless the entire second half. There wasn’t much of a difference in abilities of both of these teams and most on here know that. The Bobcats were very lucky to get out of this game. The Bobcats were the better team in the 1st half and on the score board at the end which is what counts. Belfry owned the second half of this game. These two teams were evenly matched and that is the way that I will always see it. The Bobcats will need a much better showing this week if they are going to bring the title back to the East. I truly believe this Central team is better than both Breathitt and Belfry this year and they had a schedule that would be just as difficult for Belfry and Breathitt as it was for them. It will take a mistake free game by the cats if they are going to pull this one off. I do wish you luck, however if the game between Breathitt and Belfry were played ten times this year I think it would be something like 5-5 or 6-4 going either way. TongueirateSho
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.

thats dumb.. channing fugate didn't prove anything but that he is big... if anyone of belfry's runningbacks, lee, varney, or dotson, was in brethitts offense then they would be just as good as fugate

LETS GO CENTRAL!!!:letsparty
ACB&JAM Wrote:thats dumb.. channing fugate didn't prove anything but that he is big... if anyone of belfry's runningbacks, lee, varney, or dotson, was in brethitts offense then they would be just as good as fugate

LETS GO CENTRAL!!!:letsparty
now i dont get anyone. all year other teams jus talked about channing be great and carrying the team. now that breathitt are beating teams out of the playoffs everyone says if these other backs had breathitts offense they would have that success as well. make ur mind up is channing good or is the whole team good. breathitt plays and wins as a team. its no one man show and breathitt fans have knew that all along. channing is a very skilled back but he doesnt do it alone. with that said channing is good and he credits his offense for the aid in it.
Belfry0304 Wrote:As good as Fugate is, The biggest school that will want him will probably be Tennessee or UK.

USC wanted Mister Cobble.

WOW! USC is a good school to play for right there.
exactly he dont do it alone.... everyone needs to quit saying he is the best... he is a big boost for the offense and defense but your qb and recievers seem to be pretty good as well.... but brethitt as a team is what beat belfry... not fugate
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next