Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Predictions on the 58th this Year?
what does everyone think thus far.........my opinion is betsy layne looks ahead of everyone right now with a 2-0 start after knocking off east ridge last night.......then it would be prestonsburg who looks to be improved this year....ac would be next but are way down as of right now losin hammonds as point gaurd is gonna kill them.....then sf in last i think they will be back up there in a couple of years though
I would some what agree with that. BL has got off to a good start beating MC and ER. The ER win is a confidence booster for the Bobcats. The only thing that I can find wrong so far for this team is P/G and S/G. Down low is fine with Head.

The next team would be Prestonsburg. Tough loss at home to Pikeville, but it was a good proformance for both teams on O and D. There are 2 things this team needs to work on, foul trouble and free throws. These are two fundamentals of the game and this is what lost them the game vs Pikeville.

AC is the third team so far. Huge loss to PCC on the road and all because of losing Hammonds. They have no experience to step up at P/G and if they have no guards, then they have no one to feed the ball to the Crowders.

For South Floyd......????????? This team beat a very weak Riverside Christian team and the season was looking bright. BUT, after the big win: 0-2 with losses to a down Cordia team and 2nd in the region Johnson Central.
im not sure if anyone is aware of the fact that head did not play in the BL vs. ER game....he was out with a sprained ankle.
whats more impressive about betsy laynes start is theyve done it without their starting point gaurd in adam slone....adkins has played good at one but he is a natural two and when slone gets back it will open him to look for his shot more and make them even better
Its very early in the season but I think we can safely say that the district will come down to Betsy Layne vs Prestonsburg like it did in '06.
I agree, Betsy Layne vs. Prestonsburg in the finals.
Betsy Layne, Prestonsburg, South Floyd, Allen Central, I placed Allen Central in last place until their guard gets more experience.
Lady Mustang Coach Wrote:Betsy Layne, Prestonsburg, South Floyd, Allen Central, I placed Allen Central in last place until their guard gets more experience.

I can't say the same. AC lost to a good PCC team and SF lost to a weak Cordia team. So I think AC and SF are playing for 3rd behind PHS and BL.
Lady Mustang Coach Wrote:Betsy Layne, Prestonsburg, South Floyd, Allen Central, I placed Allen Central in last place until their guard gets more experience.

By the way who is AC's P/G?
Name, #, and grade
The 58th is much better than everyone else in the region gives them credit for IMO.

I think that Pburg is better than BL. I watched BL play Magoffin and they struggled a lot on the defensive end and they got wore out down low by MC's post players. Nathan Martin looks to be very solid this year along with Jordan Newman (who I believe is their second best player).

Once Pburg's football players get football out of them then I don't believe that they'll lose a district game because they are good inside & out, and we have some depth this year, which is something we've lacked the past few seasons.

Allen Central will come around later on in the season because both Crowder's are very talented down low along with Prater, but inexperienced guard play is what will continually hurt AC this season.

South Floyd will have there games where they are hitting and they will have there games where they are not, meaning that if they are knocking down the 3's then they can play with a lot of teams in the region, but if they are missing shots and not getting the job done on the boards then SF will be in trouble.
I would say that it goes b/l at 1 and p-burg at 2 then sf comes it at 3 and AC in last, that is as of now but you never know about the 58th anyone can come out on top and AC and SF have a lot of talent and potential esp. sf with all their shooters. When all the teams get into the flow of things the 58th is really up fdor grabs in the tourny
Yea i know i am a Raider and this is sounds like and excuse but i believe what happen to SF against Cordia was they were to confident. They just got a good win and everyone was telling them they could beat Cordia so they went in with the big head. As far as JC and KCC Those are two pretty good team bith at least 2nd or 3rd in their region. KCC might even be first. As far as the rankings i am going to say 1-pburg, 2-SF-BL, 3-SF-BL,4-AC
You can not judge how good someone is in the 58th, untill they play each other remember in 05 pburg didnt win a game in the regular season or might of won one. They come out and won the 58th Any team can win it as of right now BL does look on top as of know pburg has played one game i belive Ac 1 or 2 and Sf 3 or 4 i dont think no team will go undefeted in the 58th nor will no team not win a game. so there is no best untill the tourney