Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt Co. 14 - Belfry 12
The Bobcats are going to Louisville!:Thumbs:
Papa John's Stadium Here We Come!!!
Congratulations Breathitt
Good job Cats, good season Belfry...
Congrats Bobcats sounds like it was one heck of a ball game.
Belfry 60 carries, 308 yards

Breathitt 24 carries, 224 yards
Haddix 2/5 15 yards
Fugate 17 carries, 210 yards, 2 TD

Belfry 323 yards, 4 Turnovers
BC 225 yards.. only 25 yards in 2nd half... 1 Turnover

Recap:
1st Quarter
- Belfry recovered the opening kickoff after it took a backwards bounce at the 15 of BC. Pirates them promptly fumbled in redzone.
- Channing Fugate ran for 81 yards for a TD, 7-0 Breathitt
- Belfry drive quickly and Varney makes a nice gain into redzone and coughs it up as he is going down
- Teams trade posessions, Breathitt has a TD pass called back on a penalty.
7-0 Breathitt

2nd Quarter
-Belfry continues drive and get it to BC 8, end up kicking a 25 yard field goal. 7-3 BC.
- Breathitt starts drive in good field position and quickly drive it behind Fugate and cap it with 17 yard touchdown. BC 14-3.
- Belfry holds and drives into redzone and turns it over on downs
- Breathitt kills the clock on the half.
HALFTIME 14-3 BC

3rd Quarter
-Teams trade posessions
- Belfry begins a major drive at end of quarter
BC 14-3

4th quarter
- Belfry culminates drive as Lee scores from 5 yards out, choose to kick XP instead of go for 2 and cut lead to 3.
- Pirates hold Breathitt to 3 and Out, get ball back and drive to BC 23
- Elkins throws INT in end zone to Fugate, he is tackled at own 2 yard line with around 3:00 to go.
- Belfry forces another 3 and out and BC takes a delay of game penalty... punt is blocked in endzone and goes over end line, BC 14-12 w/ 2:00 left
-Belfry field free kick up to 47.. quickly drive to 30 yard line.
- Pirates fumble snap and Breathitt runs out the clock

FINAL
WOW..the way the pirates played this game they have no right to play in the state championship game. This was pitiful Belfry. The worst play calling by Haywood I have personally ever seen. They run the dive with a 5'8" back who is 150lbs soaking wet and toss the ball to Lee who played like he was scared to death and couldn't even think about getting outside. If Lee had as many positive yards as he had east and west yards then Belfry would have won by 50. The entire Belfry team played scared except the smallest guy out there in Varney. Belfry came out and just expected Breathitt to just hand them the game and a trip to Louisville. Breathitt came out on fire and just simply shut down the pirates. Great job bobcats, you have done something no other team could do this year. You guys deserved it tonight. As for all the other Belfry fans who will get on here and go on about the refs and god knows what else, I want to appologize in advance for them. It was obvious Belfry was just outplayed. Good luck Breathitt and bring home the title.Big Grin
Belfry fans..show class in defeat!
That was the worst playcalling, haywood should retire. or however you say it.
For Breathitt it WAS one heck of a game. I'll say this: I was WAY wrong. They came out fired up, fought their guts out, played like a team that deserves it. There were bad calls both ways, but it evened out in the end I think. Their entire team played their hearts out, they brought their A game and then some.

Fugate probably IS the best RB in the mountains. He just refused to go down. That refusal sprung him loose on both of Breathitt's scores. Without him, they don't score. Without him, we would have probably put up 2 more TDs. He was incredible tonight, on both sides of the ball. Breathitt's line was surprisingly effective. Haddix was not the weapon he was hiped to be, but Fugate IS.

Congratulations to the Breathitt Bobcats. You earned it. Good luck next week against Central, you're gonna need it!

Now, please serve my crow, I'm hungry...

Edit: No, Haywood did what he should have done. He HAD to keep running the ball inside SOME to keep Breathitt from spreading their defense too much and preventing us from running outside. In the end it came down to mistakes: we gave them the ball back 4 times in the red zone. If we get a TD on any one of those instead, we win. In the end the PAT kick wasn't a bad call, because even if we get 2 we still lose by 1 (though at the moment, he SHOULD have gone for 2). The simple fact is that in the first half our boys did not tackle Fugate well, and as a result he broke loose for big gains and scores. Something like half of his yards for the game were on that one long TD run.

It WASN'T bad play calling, we just fumbled. Either we didn't hold the ball well, or Breathitt stripped it. Now, I may disagree with the last fumble, IMO Drew had the ball and was down and the kid from Breathitt who was credited with teh recovery jumped in and snuck one by us, but I wasn't on the field.

Breathitt played with a purpose tonight, and not all of the kids from Belfry did. I'm not naming names, except Fugate: he's an all stater in my book. Breathitt should rename themselves "The Fugate Express" for next season.

BTW, someone from Breathitt tell him I've seen his vids on youtube, and they're entertaining Smile
Keys to the loss:

1. Sloppy ball handling
2. Bad Pass Choice......when Shawn Dotson was wide open at the 5 instead throw it right up to Fugate
3. Belfry still should have passed a lot more with Breathitt putting 10 in the box every play.
4. Not catching on to the 500 Sweeps by Fugate out of the spread.

Congrats Breathitt...Fugate is a tremendous player.
Wow. Fugate and BC have really turned it around since I seen them. During the Pburg game he could barely stay on the feild. Seemed to be injured or just out of shape. Still when he was on the feild he was dominate. Seems like he really has improved since that game. Good job BC!
Breathitt simply was the better prepared team who executed better. The Pirates made too many costly mistaked and missed opportunities.

Championship teams make plays.. tonight Breathitt proved they were a Championship team. My hats off to the Bobcats and Coach Hilton.. fantastic gameplan! You earned the victory tonight.
Way to go Breathitt!!!
sstack Wrote:And how old are we?, maybe 13 or 14!! You should be kicked off this site!

Trust me every team has fans like this i know that for a fact belfry had their chances tonight and couldn't capitalize on them. We was in these shoes last week and it hurts.
Congrats Breathitt! Both teams are class acts, and have class act coaches! Great season, Belfry! Good luck next week Breathitt! Bring home a title to the Mountains!
a reallly great game to listen to on the radio..... alot of crazy things happened
fumbles...not going for 2 belfry turning the ball over in the red zone twice...Ivan Lee with very little carries......according to the radio dude Belfry got away with at least 3 bad calls.

But Congrats Breathitt.....
Good Season Pirates....
Congrats Bobcats. Fugate is a great back. Good luck in Louisville!
Breathitt Co. has been working for this game all season and did what they had to do to get back to THE Ville.
If Channing Fugate isn't the front runner for MR. Football then I don't know who is. He has been a work horse all year.
Something must be said about Breathitt County's off. and def. lines those guys are not very big but find a way to do their job every game.
This was a great game! Belfry had many chances and failed to take advantage of them in the second half. The Belfry D stepped up and played much better in the second half. This bobcats team was as good as expected. Good luck next week and stay focused. You have a great chance to bring the title back to the East. Good luck and this Belfry fan will be pulling for you all next week! Lets all keep it civil in here.
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
Congrats to the Bobcats still a mountain team repping it up in the Ville.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:- Pirates fumble snap and Breathitt runs out the clock

FINAL

It wasn't a fumbled snap.
Big congrats to the Breathitt County Bobcats! You overcome a lot of doubters going into this game including myself but after they lost to Pburg looked like they really turned it on.

Once again, congrats Breathitt County... great season Belfry!
Congrats to Breathitt Co.!!

It sounds like Belfry was way too conservative and couldn't hang on to the ball. Put that with a pumped up Breathitt Co. team (even though IMO I still think that Belfry is the better team) and you get a loss! That's why Belfry will be staying at home and Breathitt Co. will be going to Papa John's for a chance at the State Title!

Congrats Breathitt Co. You came in and played in the freezing cold and did what was necessary to win this game!! You deserve to have the shot at the Title. Good luck and bring home the State Championship!!
The bobcats defense won the game tonite they shut down lee which was a big difference..varney is good but lee is the heart and soul of this team..the D is why they won, Plus the 200+ yards of channing fugate
I would first like to say good season to the Belfry Pirates. Then what a heck of a win for the bobcats! I loved how everyone said "o it will be like last year, Breathitt will be handled, Breathitt is a one man show with Channing, all we gotta do is stop Channing" and all this other junk! Well stopping Channing isnt that easy now is it Belfry? I wanna know where all the Belfry fans are that was saying that Breathitt wasnt in the same class as Belfry? Great win bobcats, and let go to the Ville and show Belfry and thier fans how to bring home a State Championship Trophey! We are 3 for 3 lets not mess anything up boys!!!!!!!!!
It was as good a game as any team's played all season. I do not know of any team that is Fugate proof!! Great season Pirates and go on and win it all Breathitt.
belfryrocks Wrote:That was the worst playcalling, haywood should retire. or however you say it.

wow, ridiculous. Shall i remind you that Coach Haywood has brought 2 state championships to Belfry High School (2003,2004), 3 state runner-up (1985, 1986, 2007), the the 2nd most winningest coach in Kentucky High School Football History with 306+ wins, and has led Belfry High School to the winningest program in 3A football.

Besides all of these incredible accolades, Coach Haywood continues to represent Belfry with the utmost of class, an accolade that is far superior than any stats. The bottom line is, he is the reason Belfry Football is what it is today. Coach Haywood is one of the greatest high school football coaches in history!

Your ridiculous comment has no basis or merit. Be thankful for Coach Haywood, he is a far better coach and man than you sir. As a former Pirate Football player I, for one, pray that Coach Haywood continues to coach the juggernaut that is Belfry Football for many more years to come:
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
C.Clair Wrote:I would first like to say good season to the Belfry Pirates. Then what a heck of a win for the bobcats! I loved how everyone said "o it will be like last year, Breathitt will be handled, Breathitt is a one man show with Channing, all we gotta do is stop Channing" and all this other junk! Well stopping Channing isnt that easy now is it Belfry? I wanna know where all the Belfry fans are that was saying that Breathitt wasnt in the same class as Belfry? Great win bobcats, and let go to the Ville and show Belfry and thier fans how to bring home a State Championship Trophey! We are 3 for 3 lets not mess anything up boys!!!!!!!!!

Could you please show some class in your posts? There has not been one Belfry fan get on here and say one word derogatory towards Breathitt. All they have given to them has been congratulations and well wishes for next week against Lou. Central. If possible, please congratulate your team, as they came and got the job done and do not turn this thread into a "bicker" fest....

Congrats Breathitt....

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
smitty Wrote:wow, ridiculous. Shall i remind you that Coach Haywood has brought 2 state championships to Belfry High School (2003,2004), 3 state runner-up (1985, 1986, 2007), the the 2nd most winningest coach in Kentucky High School Football History with 306+ wins, and has led Belfry High School to the winningest program in 3A football.

Besides all of these incredible accolades, Coach Haywood continues to represent Belfry with the utmost of class, an accolade that is far superior than any stats. The bottom line is, he is the reason Belfry Football is what it is today. Coach Haywood is one of the greatest high school football coaches in history!

Your ridiculous comment has no basis or merit. Be thankful for Coach Haywood, he is a far better coach and man than you sir. As a former Pirate Football player I, for one, pray that Coach Haywood continues to coach the juggernaut that is Belfry Football for many more years to come:
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

**** Right!! Go Bucs.. I am proud to be a Pirate...We are very fortunate to have what we have on Pond Creek! Everyone loses and it is how you take it, with class that speaks volumes of your character.