Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Channing Fugate best back in the state?
I would say he will look like a underclassman tonight.
Canon Wrote:Fugate should be the front runner for Mr. Football next season. I have seen him play since he was a freshman. I think he is a NAIA mid major RB, but a D-1 type on the "D" side @ outside LB. People just see the stats @ RB, but he is also a great LB with size and speed. I have seen him play 3 times this year and he is 6'2 225 or 230. If I was to guess he is in the 4.7 range.

Hmmm, seems like a very similar post was made about Doug Howard from Belfry years ago. Actually the two remind me of each other in many ways.
bobcatlunatik Wrote:that is true as the end of the season khsaa has charles as leader and channing as second. but channing has 2746 yards to be exact. he had more yards then charles but they go by yds per game and charles leads tht where they was takin channing out at half time last couple of games. channing is leading state in yards and touchdowns

Oh i see! your exactly right! my bad! well congrats to Channing!
well its lookin like it right now
After what he did agianst Belfry tonight, YES!!!!
i think channing gonna be the best RB in the state next year if he doesn't get injured this year.
Channing may just be the top back in the state. The kid is a MONSTER. He is a legit 6'2 or 6'3. Has excellent speed, great cutback speed, he has heart and a desire to win, he also is a 350 pound bench presser with a 600 pound squat. He is a **** beast. Channing could start in the backfield for St. X. They may be calling him as we speak. Great year Chan the Man. :Clap:
wooderson Wrote:Hmmm, seems like a very similar post was made about Doug Howard from Belfry years ago. Actually the two remind me of each other in many ways.

Both are very similar, and both are, or were terrific backs. Both are extremely hard to bring down, and upon first sight you wouldn't think either are very quick, but that judgement is wrong. In the end, I see Fugate being the better back, and he still has another year left.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Stats don't mean everything... you put Deuce Finch on Breathitt County's teama nd not St. X and he would have just as good of stats.

Finch is the best player, on the best team, in the state.

Reverse that a second.........put Channing behind a St. X line.Could be a toss up but I'll take Channing.
longhair33 Wrote:I would say he will look like a underclassman tonight.

What was that?I guess you were wrong on this one.
FBALL Wrote:I'll say right now that he won't be the best back in the state next year either. Miles Simpson from Simon Kenton is better and I have seen both in action. Simpson has good size and strength and better speed and quickness. Simpson is also a hammer on defense.

As is Channing.
I will tell you WHY he does not get much post, he is from the mountains. That my friend is ONE reason why. WE do not get much credit, being from the mountains is a BIG disadvantage in many aspects of our lives.
You could put Fugate in X's backfield and he has even better #'s. Also, if you don't go by stats, what do you use to find Mr Football?...potential! You have to use stats to vote....Come on!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Stats don't mean everything... you put Deuce Finch on Breathitt County's teama nd not St. X and he would have just as good of stats.

Best team in the state? I think Trinity might not agree with that.
If anyone has access to Channing Fugate's family please implore them to do three things:

1. Put together a professionally done highlight film showing Channing Running between tackles, running off tackle, blocking, receiving in the flats, receiving in the open field, making highlight plays on offense, making big plays on defense.

2. Look into the H.I.T. facility in Huntington, WV. This is a facility that does high intensity speed and agility training. They pracically assure cutting .1 sconds off your 40 time.

3. ATTENDTHE CAMP CIRCUIT THIS SUMMER! If Channing can gt invited to any of the major recruiting camps he has got to be there.

Deuce is the best back in the state this year... but by the time Fugate graduates he could be the best high school runningback to ever come from EKY.
While I admittedly didn't see every RB in the state this year, I'll say this: he was the best one I saw.
I watched him play last year against Russell and I at that time thought that he was a great back.
yeah no doubt about Channing he is a great back.... but he can't be the only on playing next week at state... Breathitt well need 11 guys ready to play offense and a 11 guy ready to hit and stop on defense!!
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:As is Channing.
Yes he is. Fugate is a little bigger. Simpson is much faster.
bobcatlunatik Wrote:channing is the leading rusher in the state all together not jus 3A

yeah Channing is on heck of a running back and every one know it... each year Channing improves on his game.. each year he is better and better so i cant wait till next year!!
Maybe with a more impressive second half. Deuce Finch is better. As is Justin Green.
I thought Chris Thomas was a great back also. He played for Taylor County. Zach Metz of Bath was a load also. He will be a Defensive star though. Channing Fugate was, bar none, the best I saw this year. Course, I didn't see the St. X back play. Keep an eye out for Jesse Rose too. This Powell Co. Soph. has a great future ahead of him.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:If anyone has access to Channing Fugate's family please implore them to do three things:

1. Put together a professionally done highlight film showing Channing Running between tackles, running off tackle, blocking, receiving in the flats, receiving in the open field, making highlight plays on offense, making big plays on defense.

2. Look into the H.I.T. facility in Huntington, WV. This is a facility that does high intensity speed and agility training. They pracically assure cutting .1 sconds off your 40 time.

3. ATTENDTHE CAMP CIRCUIT THIS SUMMER! If Channing can gt invited to any of the major recruiting camps he has got to be there.

Deuce is the best back in the state this year... but by the time Fugate graduates he could be the best high school runningback to ever come from EKY.

I agree 100% percent. Channing went to UK's camp over the summer and one more i beleive. I know his dad pretty well, and what I have been told is that they are going to do all they can to get Channing in a BCS school.
blitz43 Wrote:I thought Chris Thomas was a great back also. He played for Taylor County. Zach Metz of Bath was a load also. He will be a Defensive star though. Channing Fugate was, bar none, the best I saw this year. Course, I didn't see the St. X back play. Keep an eye out for Jesse Rose too. This Powell Co. Soph. has a great future ahead of him.
Chris Thomas is a good RB, but he is small.....Channing has the size to be a good back @ the next level.....He may not be recruited for the RB position....He may be looked @ as a LB....
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Maybe one of the top three backs in 3A and not even sure of that, maybe the best TE in the state. Will never see the back field at the next level.
wooderson Wrote:Hmmm, seems like a very similar post was made about Doug Howard from Belfry years ago. Actually the two remind me of each other in many ways.

doug was faster than fugate..
cuppett777 Wrote:doug was faster than fugate..
Probably, but fugate has better lateral quickness than Howard had.

Someone forgot to tell the Trinity Shamrocks about this...Fugate is up there, if there being one better, yes it would be Mr. Finch...This game the bobcats have ahead of them should answer alot of questions
No he is not
BatCat11 Wrote:No he is not

yeah i would have to say that to. due to the fact he has also rushed the ball more then anyone else. you could take some backs from other teams and do that and they would have around the same numbers if not better. I will have to go on and say he is the most overrated back in the mountains