Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell County Student Section
What do you guys think about these kids in the student section at Powell County?
They r pretty good but at the same time rude. They need to watch out wht they say cuz they have already had two very big fans kicked out and they got in trouble at school the next day for showing tht they love their school sporting events.
youcantseeme85 Wrote:They r pretty good but at the same time rude. They need to watch out wht they say cuz they have already had two very big fans kicked out and they got in trouble at school the next day for showing tht they love their school sporting events.

They have tons of school spirit. Those 2 got kicked out and got in trouble for having school spirit. These kids stay in the heads of the oppenents. Esppecialy a couple kids on the front row!
Ky313 Wrote:They have tons of school spirit. Those 2 got kicked out and got in trouble for having school spirit. These kids stay in the heads of the oppenents. Esppecialy a couple kids on the front row!

Yes they got in trouble and it sounds stupid tht they did but it is Powell County for ya. To me i think its wht helps Powell win. Against Jackson the players were down and the fans got into it even more and the players feed off of the fans and got pumped up and tht help them win the game. Those two boys tht got kicked out wasnt aloud to go to the game against Wolfe last night
youcantseeme85 Wrote:Yes they got in trouble and it sounds stupid tht they did but it is Powell County for ya. To me i think its wht helps Powell win. Against Jackson the players were down and the fans got into it even more and the players feed off of the fans and got pumped up and tht help them win the game. Those two boys tht got kicked out wasnt aloud to go to the game against Wolfe last night

That istotally right they do feed off of us. And we are there for them every step of the way. Not only were they not aloud to go to the game. Mr. McCall made them come and apologize to the fans and the refs, then leave.
Powell's student section is great. They are loud every game and very supportive of the Pirates. Of course I think it is dumb how these two people got threw out and wasn't allowed to attend the game last night. They are a big part of the student section. The Powell County Administration is stupid for not letting these two people attend.
Ky313 Wrote:That istotally right they do feed off of us. And we are there for them every step of the way. Not only were they not aloud to go to the game. Mr. McCall made them come and apologize to the fans and the refs, then leave.

Powell does have some good fans. Omg R u serious? They made them do tht?
I heard that what the two fans said were a tid bit inappropriate?? Anyone know?
thundercatsrgo Wrote:I heard that what the two fans said were a tid bit inappropriate?? Anyone know?

It wasnt rly to bad.
thundercatsrgo Wrote:I heard that what the two fans said were a tid bit inappropriate?? Anyone know?

Not at all. All the fans were trying to do was get into the players heads and get them tore up.
an they always do a good job of that, i mean its not ur fault that he didnt hav his green card, we were jus informing the refs so that he culd quitely be tacken out of the game, but everyone had to make a big fuss about it so now look wat happened
I ball like swoosh Wrote:an they always do a good job of that, i mean its not ur fault that he didnt hav his green card, we were jus informing the refs so that he culd quitely be tacken out of the game, but everyone had to make a big fuss about it so now look wat happened

Wow Lmao
youcantseeme85 Wrote:Powell does have some good fans. Omg R u serious? They made them do tht?

LMAO yup
Protect_This_House26 Wrote:Not at all. All the fans were trying to do was get into the players heads and get them tore up.

We did a great job at that 2!
Heck yeah Powell fans are great!!! and i'm proud to be one of em.
T-man 101 Wrote:Heck yeah Powell fans are great!!! and i'm proud to be one of em.

True that man, aint we all!
Let's keep this focused on the student section, not derogatory statements that they make.

Fans can go too far. Last year a Wolfe county player (Campbell) was going after a loose ball and slid into the powell county student area. A female student started kicking him in the head. This is true. I was nearby and saw it clearly. Maybe the refs didn't see it but the other kids were congratulating her!
I think they are great!! They are just kids having fun!
I think that the Powell Fans help out the players because as long as they are cheering them on then they are going to keep their heads up and keep busting their butts the whole ball game instead of just half of it... So whether people agree or disagree with me I think that the fans have a big part in how the team plays...
The_Balla Wrote:I think that the Powell Fans help out the players because as long as they are cheering them on then they are going to keep their heads up and keep busting their butts the whole ball game instead of just half of it... So whether people agree or disagree with me I think that the fans have a big part in how the team plays...
I have seen more negative incidents at Powell than all other schools combined. For some reason there is always fights, rumbles, vulgar signs held up by adult fans, and numerous incidents like the kid from Wolfe getting kicked in the head. One year cheerleaders from another school were threatened and verbally assualted by some adults right in froint of the principal. He later stated he had everything under control, he is a joke. I have never felt the school does anything to control bad behavior and from the results they must encourage it.
The powell county fans can, more often than not, get completely out of hand. I was there last year when the girl [B]blatantly[B] kicked the Wolfe county player ( I think it was campbell or d.hayes player in the head. The fans are there to cheer on their players, not injure the opponents. IMO, it seems Powell would rather scream derogatory things to the opposite side of the gym than cheer for their own team. Were the fans that were kicked out of jackson just not allowed to come to the wolfe game or are they going to be gone for more than one. Anyone know?
Jabakka I was sitting right beside the principal during the incident you described. The cheer leading sponsor who happened to be the wife of the opposing coach started the vulgarities and when the lady asked her to stop cursing the cheer leading sponsor went ballistic. I played for Powell and have attended games there for years and don't think Powell is any more likely than anywhere else for an incident. Lots of times the story you here doesn't resemble the truth.
LBJ09 Wrote:The powell county fans can, more often than not, get completely out of hand. I was there last year when the girl [B]blatantly[B] kicked the Wolfe county player ( I think it was campbell or d.hayes player in the head. The fans are there to cheer on their players, not injure the opponents. IMO, it seems Powell would rather scream derogatory things to the opposite side of the gym than cheer for their own team. Were the fans that were kicked out of jackson just not allowed to come to the wolfe game or are they going to be gone for more than one. Anyone know?

I have news for you all. One of the boys that was "kicked out" ended up sneaking back in and hiding in the upper section with his hoodlum posse. He is a trouble maker and needs to face some consequences IMO. :mad:
JOBAKKA Wrote:I have seen more negative incidents at Powell than all other schools combined. For some reason there is always fights, rumbles, vulgar signs held up by adult fans, and numerous incidents like the kid from Wolfe getting kicked in the head. One year cheerleaders from another school were threatened and verbally assualted by some adults right in froint of the principal. He later stated he had everything under control, he is a joke. I have never felt the school does anything to control bad behavior and from the results they must encourage it.

And who were the ones that flipped of the Powells student section after Wolfe one, as i recall it was the wolfe players, who were the ones running their mouth's to the powell players, i do recall that also being the wolfe player. Not all incodents are form powells side.
there is a diference in being supportive of ur team and going to far which powell does in all games i have played against them they cuss grab and yell at u which is rude and immature all i got to say to them after everygame is look at the scoreboard it says it all and us coming home with the WIN!!!
Obviously there needs to be some stern discipline handed out then to individuals that are involved in incidents like that. The only thing that they seem to be getting is a slap on the wrist and then being sent back on their way. Team rivalries are what make the game great, but they take it to a level that is completely inappropriate.
What student section doesnt act like this? All student sections are going to have negative things dealt within them. For the two boys that were thrown out, they was disciplined. I say you guys get the whole story before commenting on it.
This thread is not headed in the right direction, so lets leave student section discussion in the game threads.

Closed!