Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FINAL: Paintsville- 42 Prestonsburg -21
Let me say something here.....idc what you think about BMR....hes one of the best coaches i have ever had....and if it wasn't for him.....we wouldn't be in the shape we are right now.....and yes lastnight was a great game everyone got excited on who was going to the the first touch down when we got tied up and evenually PAINTSVILLE got it.....so i mean theres no reason to run your mouth about it now....the game is over and we won....so i mean ya'll did good lastnight ya'll just gave up to soon just because 5:00 were left in the quarter doesn't mena you have to give up....you play like its your last play....
I dont have a problem with anything but WHY kick it onside with the lead late in the 4th ID rather take my chances of them running it back than them getting the ball and throwing a hail mary IDC nemore games over thats all im saying, but it was a sloppy game Good win tigers
Take away 2 plays and the score is 42-7. Take away a bad snap and the score is 49-0. Paintsville is a pretty good team, if they aren't the best team in their district the sure have extremly nice uni's. If they were onside kicks thats fine I don't blame them PBurg is natorious for cheap shots when they are losing as well as trying to run up the score, but I personally thought they were squibbers.
Ahh I guess we will never know if they were or not....Im over it now I was upset last night as well as feeling abd for Pburg b/c everyone knows they could have a good team. It is over now no since in argueing over it nemore
The kicks were not called onside kicks. They were both suppose to be squibs but Collett the kicker missed them both and hit too high up on the ball. I can guarentee you one thing, BMR doesn't care what you have to say he doesn't even like sites such as this. I'll put money you don't have the testicular fotitude to say in person to his face. Anyone can hide behind a name and say tell him to get an account and get on to read. Grow up!!!!
TBIRD Wrote:Take away 2 plays and the score is 42-7. Take away a bad snap and the score is 49-0. Paintsville is a pretty good team, if they aren't the best team in their district the sure have extremly nice uni's. If they were onside kicks thats fine I don't blame them PBurg is natorious for cheap shots when they are losing as well as trying to run up the score, but I personally thought they were squibbers.

Take away 2 plays?? Not sure about one of the plays, but I'm guessing the other one of them was the play when Slone went up and took the ball away from the Paintsville defender. That was just good effort from a P-burg player.
blackcat Wrote:Take away 2 plays?? Not sure about one of the plays, but I'm guessing the other one of them was the play when Slone went up and took the ball away from the Paintsville defender. That was just good effort from a P-burg player.

Good effort by Slone, but Cantrell from Paintsville had position just didn't make a play it went through his hands.
I agree MOJO, but what happens, happens. There aren't any "If's".
blackcat Wrote:I agree MOJO, but what happens, happens. There aren't any "If's".

I agree, if IF's and BUT'S were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas. Well IF you noticed, I didn't use the word if in my description. It wasn't that spectacular of a play as they described it, Paintsville's player had position and didn't make the play and it hurt Paintsville's MO. I give Slone credit for staying with the play and making the catch.
Beef Wrote:I don't think that 42-21 is almost winning. yeah, it may have been 21-21 at one point bit the tigers pulled it together. Will pburg start 0-4 against Ashland next week?

If the tomcats come out with a fire the way they did with west then we are gonna be watchin for a one huge friday nite football.
MOJO, I was refering to TBIRD's post.
It's got pretty heated in here...which is expected with such a big game...but guys calm down please!
blackcat Wrote:MOJO, I was refering to TBIRD's post.

Oh my bad.
Beef Wrote:It's got pretty heated in here...which is expected with such a big game...but guys calm down please!

It's all good Beef.
Good deal!
Pikeville will beat Paintsville. Pikeville's defense is too fast overall and if Pugh cant get out of the pocket he isnt as effective. Pikeville's secondary is faster than Paintsville's receivers IMO too, but this will definitely be a game I will attend. Prestonsburg looks like an army without a general right now, no leadership on the field or on the sidelines, Prestonsburg dominated the 3rd Qtr, no question about that, holding Paintsville to 2 consecutive 3 & outs and scoring after both of them. Prestonsburg just falls apart at the drop of a hat. Slone fumbled the punt with the score tied 21-21 after holding Paintsville to another 3 & out and Prestonsburg layed over for them to do whatever they wanted to. They just dont have anybody to step up and make the plays, everybody just stands around and waits for somebody else to make a play. Prestonsburg showed me more vs. Paintsville than the previous 2 games tho. I think any other team would have beat pburg 60-7 if we had 8 TO's against them while paintsville only had 1 i believe. But overall they still play gutless. Congratulations to Paintsville tho on their first victory vs. pburg in 24 years I think. I'm sure they partied hard in paintsville friday night, lol. I'm all out of suggestions for this blackcat team, I have gave every SR this year all the secrets that made us a State championship caliber team last year, so either they arent listening to me or they just dont really care anymore. So they just need to play ball they way they think they should play, since obviously I dont know how to play good football or dont know what i'm talking about one or the other. The only prediction I will make after this game is that paintsville will beat hazard, but not pikeville. And prestonsburg will make the playoffs(what seed? the good lord only knows). But personally I am just disgusted with this team. Football isnt that hard of a sport, unlike basketball and baseball it doesnt really require much talent, all it requires is heart and motivation. I hope we can find out what those 2 things are before it's too late and we end up 2-8.
Red and Black Wrote:Pikeville will beat Paintsville. Pikeville's defense is too fast overall and if Pugh cant get out of the pocket he isnt as effective. Pikeville's secondary is faster than Paintsville's receivers IMO too, but this will definitely be a game I will attend. Prestonsburg looks like an army without a general right now, no leadership on the field or on the sidelines, Prestonsburg dominated the 3rd Qtr, no question about that, holding Paintsville to 2 consecutive 3 & outs and scoring after both of them. Prestonsburg just falls apart at the drop of a hat. Slone fumbled the punt with the score tied 21-21 after holding Paintsville to another 3 & out and Prestonsburg layed over for them to do whatever they wanted to. They just dont have anybody to step up and make the plays, everybody just stands around and waits for somebody else to make a play. Prestonsburg showed me more vs. Paintsville than the previous 2 games tho. I think any other team would have beat pburg 60-7 if we had 8 TO's against them while paintsville only had 1 i believe. But overall they still play gutless. Congratulations to Paintsville tho on their first victory vs. pburg in 24 years I think. I'm sure they partied hard in paintsville friday night, lol. I'm all out of suggestions for this blackcat team, I have gave every SR this year all the secrets that made us a State championship caliber team last year, so either they arent listening to me or they just dont really care anymore. So they just need to play ball they way they think they should play, since obviously I dont know how to play good football or dont know what i'm talking about one or the other. The only prediction I will make after this game is that paintsville will beat hazard, but not pikeville. And prestonsburg will make the playoffs(what seed? the good lord only knows). But personally I am just disgusted with this team. Football isnt that hard of a sport, unlike basketball and baseball it doesnt really require much talent, all it requires is heart and motivation. I hope we can find out what those 2 things are before it's too late and we end up 2-8.

Very good anaylsis Red and Black. I 100 percent agree with everything you said. This team seems to lack what previous Pburg teams always had. Thats heart and motivation. I hope Coach D can get these boys motivated and get this thing turned around before its too late. Pburg had always kept floyd co on the map in terms of footballl. Come Pburg you guys can turn this around.

Again, Great post, Red and Black.. thanks.gif
Great post buddy.......
I honestly think everyone had it in their head they were the best team when the passing tournements came around and was talking about a state championship and now reality has hit them in the face.....I hope Pburg doesnt go 2-8 I was looking at more like 4-6 BUT who knows about this team, b/c like you said R&B after the fumble Pburg stopped playing like they knew they were beat. Im not blaming the game on Slone b.c. it wasnt his fault at all b/c one player cant win or lose a ball game, so dont take it the wrong way. It takes a team effort and leadership to win and Pburg hasnt showed any of those this season. All I can say is good luck blackcats and get some fire in your eyes and play like there is no tomorrow.
Red and Black Wrote:Pikeville will beat Paintsville. Pikeville's defense is too fast overall and if Pugh cant get out of the pocket he isnt as effective. Pikeville's secondary is faster than Paintsville's receivers IMO too, but this will definitely be a game I will attend. Prestonsburg looks like an army without a general right now, no leadership on the field or on the sidelines, Prestonsburg dominated the 3rd Qtr, no question about that, holding Paintsville to 2 consecutive 3 & outs and scoring after both of them. Prestonsburg just falls apart at the drop of a hat. Slone fumbled the punt with the score tied 21-21 after holding Paintsville to another 3 & out and Prestonsburg layed over for them to do whatever they wanted to. They just dont have anybody to step up and make the plays, everybody just stands around and waits for somebody else to make a play. Prestonsburg showed me more vs. Paintsville than the previous 2 games tho. I think any other team would have beat pburg 60-7 if we had 8 TO's against them while paintsville only had 1 i believe. But overall they still play gutless. Congratulations to Paintsville tho on their first victory vs. pburg in 24 years I think. I'm sure they partied hard in paintsville friday night, lol. I'm all out of suggestions for this blackcat team, I have gave every SR this year all the secrets that made us a State championship caliber team last year, so either they arent listening to me or they just dont really care anymore. So they just need to play ball they way they think they should play, since obviously I dont know how to play good football or dont know what i'm talking about one or the other. The only prediction I will make after this game is that paintsville will beat hazard, but not pikeville. And prestonsburg will make the playoffs(what seed? the good lord only knows). But personally I am just disgusted with this team. Football isnt that hard of a sport, unlike basketball and baseball it doesnt really require much talent, all it requires is heart and motivation. I hope we can find out what those 2 things are before it's too late and we end up 2-8.

I'm not dogging you on your prediction, Pikeville may very well beat Paintsville. But you make it sound as if Paintsville is a terrible team and if you feel that way, that's why they were up 21-7 at the half right?? A bad snap inside the ten, turned the momentum and that one key turnover on a drive. Paintsville didn't execute in a few situations, that I think they will down the road. Paintsville may very well have beat Prestonsburg by that score, if not for a few key mistakes. I blame the 3rd quarter on the coaching staff for not making the adjustment on defense, that they did in the 4th to stop up the middle. It worked, they do it in the 3rd and Shaeffer doesn't score on a run up the gut. I also blame it on Derossett for being such a motivator, he got his troops rallied at the half and Paintsville unfortunately came out flat. They did party hard, and I think they had every right to do so. No offense to you or any other posters, but Paintsville isn't the doormat folks. I do understand this game was used to judge Paintsville's ability, they won by 21 points. Pikeville beat the lifeless Blackcats by 24 and Hazard beat them by 2. I have nothing but good things to say about the Blackcats effort Friday night. I seen some things they do that I don't agree with like, offensive lineman tackling people and diving in late but sometimes you got to do what you got to do. I think the Blackcats turn things around after the Ashland game and get things going in district. I think they wind up at 5-5 or 6-4 with a home playoff game. Good luck the rest of the season to P-burg.
GO TIGERS, 1st time in what 18 years R&B they have beat us and now they are the STATES POWER HOUSE in single A hell yea baby GO TIGERS........
football05 Wrote:GO TIGERS, 1st time in what 18 years R&B they have beat us and now they are the STATES POWER HOUSE in single A hell yea baby GO TIGERS........

Now is that what I said?? Seriously, Prestonsburg has been the state power for many years. Paintsville has never been a state power to my knowledge. I just don't think they're a doormat team. Everyone hyped Hazard after they beat the Blackcats and they're still being hyped. Paintsville beats the Blackcats, and now suddenly it's Prestonsburg is terrible. And I really don't believe the Blackcats are, I think they've played 3 talented teams with only one being a state power. I'm an adult I come here to discuss high school sports and my observation from games. If I were throwing mud or pouring salt on the wound, I could understand your comment but I'm not so chill.
Prestonsburg actually committed 8 turnovers in this game, TJ Freno had the best jump on an interception that I have ever seen in high school football, the Blackcats are very disappointing this season. Nevertheless I will continue to show support for them.
Who would that be Mojo ?
I dont see how you could say Pburg isnt down this year, they are certainly down in these past 3 games and if they dont get there head outta their ass they r gonna be out of playoff contention before they realize it. I love my blackcats and I post this stuff on here for some of them to read hoping they will step up and make a leader out of their self, but who knows man.
football05 Wrote:Who would that be Mojo ?
I dont see how you could say Pburg isnt down this year, they are certainly down in these past 3 games and if they dont get there head outta their ass they r gonna be out of playoff contention before they realize it. I love my blackcats and I post this stuff on here for some of them to read hoping they will step up and make a leader out of their self, but who knows man.

Pikeville is the state power, bottomline they're head and shoulders the team to beat in the district along with maybe region. Man you read out of context a lot. I'm not saying they're not down, because I know they are but they've played stiff competition and will again Friday. I have nothing against the Blackcats, they're a very well respected ball club. I think they will step it up, we've all been in a ditch in our life and once your down it's hard to get up. They'll get up come district, and gel at the right time. The Blackcats returned a lot of talent Shaeffer, Peters, Hamilton, the entire o-line and they definitely have support, that was evident at Memorial Field on Friday. I think things get turned around and look positive for the Cats. C'mon guys prove me right, get things going. Best of luck to the cats the rest of the season, I have the faith in them.
jayblackcat2006 Wrote:Prestonsburg actually committed 8 turnovers in this game, TJ Freno had the best jump on an interception that I have ever seen in high school football, the Blackcats are very disappointing this season. Nevertheless I will continue to show support for them.

I think you can accredit that jump to DB coach Joe Chirico, still considered one of the great to grace the Marshall secondary when they were racking up championships. He's a great secondary coach. Obviously after the game yesterday, they have a lot to be desired in the coaching department.
Freno read it the whole way, and when he seen the pass come his way you could actually see his eyes light up through his helmet.
You are making some good points MOJO....Paintsville is far from a doormat and personally I can't wait for the Pikeville-Paintsville game, I think it will be a great game. I do think Pikeville will win with the homefield but a lot of things can happen between now and then and there is no doubt that the Tigers are for real. Good luck to the Tigers from here on out until they travel to Pikeville and I hope you guys come to The Ville with a undefeated record.
PHSFAN Wrote:You are making some good points MOJO....Paintsville is far from a doormat and personally I can't wait for the Pikeville-Paintsville game, I think it will be a great game. I do think Pikeville will win with the homefield but a lot of things can happen between now and then and there is no doubt that the Tigers are for real. Good luck to the Tigers from here on out until they travel to Pikeville and I hope you guys come to The Ville with a undefeated record.

If they beat JC PHS. .I think they will roll in undefeated. Should make for an exciting district title game. letsfight.
I think Pikeville and Paintsville will both easily beat Hazard.
Oh well is all I can say. Bad year for P-burg.