Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best players in the Mountains
I personally saw 2 of them last night when my school, Thomas Walker, Va played Middlesboro. Green and Smith are very good. Who are some more good players in the mountains?
Elisha Justice, Matt Clevenger, Josh Whittaker, Ashley Hatfield
Elijah Justice - Shelby Valley
Ashley Hatfield - Shelby Valley
Taylor Newsome - Shelby Valley
Devan Adams - Shelby Valley
Josh Whitaker - Hazard
Michael Campbell - Hazard
Justin Jones - Hazard
Stuart Stamper - Knott Co. Central
Tate Cox - Knott Co. Central
Garrison Collins - June Buchanan
Matt Clevinger - Pikeville
I have herd alot of good things about thr justice kid.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Elijah Justice - Shelby Valley
Ashley Hatfield - Shelby Valley
Taylor Newsome - Shelby Valley
Devan Adams - Shelby Valley
Josh Whitaker - Hazard
Michael Campbell - Hazard
Justin Jones - Hazard
Stuart Stamper - Knott Co. Central
Tate Cox - Knott Co. Central
Garrison Collins - June Buchanan
Matt Clevinger - Pikeville

Charlie Banks-Letcher Co. Central
Josh Crawford and Madison Johnson-Corbin
Matt St. John-South Laurel
Cody Miller-Knox Central
Josh Seidel-North Laurel
Chris Noble-Perry Co. Central
Aaron Charles-Lee Co.
Tristan Cacklin-Estill Co.
Eric Back-Hazard
Elisha Justice-Shelby Valley
Ian Welch-Johnson Central
Michael Burchett-Prestonsburg
Logan Crowder-Allen Central
Shawnta Zachery-Bell Co.
James David Strange-Pineville
Robert Warren-Hazard
Corey Martin-Hazard
Klay Maggard, Jordan Amis, Devon Amis-Perry Co. Central
Andy Blank-Buckhorn
Josh Caldwell-Harlan Co.

These are off the top of my head and if I left someone out, please let me know!! I picked these kids from the 13th, 14th, and 15th!! Good luck to all players!!
In the 56th District:

Aaron Charles (Lee)
Jared Pelfrey (Lee)
Tristan Cackling (Estill)
Devon Evans (Owsley)
PioneerBlue Wrote:I personally saw 2 of them last night when my school, Thomas Walker, Va played Middlesboro. Green and Smith are very good. Who are some more good players in the mountains?

Blaine Green and Nick Smith from Middlesboro are both great players who can score in bunches!! At least from what I saw!
How good will Jeremy Congleton be for Breathitt Co.? Will coach Noble's nephew, Nick be a good guard for Breathitt Co.? Just curious, Thanks!
I don't understand why Middlesboro isn't a little more successful in basketball. These 2 players are great, both 6'4+ and can run, shoot, and handle.
josh crawford- corbin is a handful

PioneerBlue Wrote:I don't understand why Middlesboro isn't a little more successful in basketball. These 2 players are great, both 6'4+ and can run, shoot, and handle.
Memorial Gym #5....How can you not mention the Knott Central Boys? That's embrassing for you when you don't mention them and you mention the Perry Central boys.....
ARC Wrote:In the 56th District:

Aaron Charles (Lee)
Jared Pelfrey (Lee)

Tristan Cackling (Estill)
Devon Evans (Owsley)

Charles and Pelfrey are underated in the most of the preseason rankings. Pelfrey is a beast under the bucket and I don't think the 14th has a guard with Charles's size. They will carry Lee this year.
bballer9 Wrote:Memorial Gym #5....How can you not mention the Knott Central Boys? That's embrassing for you when you don't mention them and you mention the Perry Central boys.....

Thanks for your concern, but I would never leave those guys off my list!!! I was only adding to the list that was posted before my post. I didn't feel I should mention there names again!!
The only name I did mention that was already named was Elisha Justice and I simply overlooked his name.
Remember the name BRAXTON RATLIFF !!
killerb Wrote:Remember the name BRAXTON RATLIFF !!

Where does he go to school? Thanks
Add:

Korey Fields - East Ridge
Joel Meade - East Ridge
Michael Boyd Thompson - Pike County Central
Nathan Martin - Betsy Layne
Logan Bryant - Shelby Valley
Clint Stepp - June Buchanan
Jarrod Robinson - Riverside Christian

Too early to name best players. Wait until about February and you will have a good idea who the better players are.
In addition to Michael Thompson - Pike Central. There is Justin Seal, he is quick on defense and handles the ball well especially when cutting to the basket. Also Cory Tackett has been long overlooked. He is a quiet player in the background coming off the bench. He shoots from the 3 point line consistent, his mid-range jumper is nice as well. He handles the ball well for his height. Plays tough defense on the ball. Keep an eye on this player, his potential is there. Jonathan Ray aka: JR, is also a good guard he handles the ball well keeps his head up and sees the court. Makes good no look passes.
Sorry, How could I forget about "Big D", Dalton Meade at Pike Central. He is aggressive in the low post very strong solid player. Another up and coming low post player is sophomore Cody Coleman. He dominates the low post on the JV team. I look forward to watching him play on varsity. Pike Central may be one of the most overlooked teams in the region. Overall they have alot of talent on the team. The coaches need to settle on a good rotation and get the players playing more as a team.
Memorial Gym #5 Wrote:Where does he go to school? Thanks

Knott County Central....
What about the young men from Elliott County? Those mountain boys can play some round ball too. They're not in the state top 10 for nothing. There's some talent and experience there.
ladypatriot55 Wrote:Knott County Central....

Thanks ladypatriot55!!
what about andrew elkins, he can play some good basketball as well..
elijah justice and clint stepp are looking good
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:What about the young men from Elliott County? Those mountain boys can play some round ball too. They're not in the state top 10 for nothing. There's some talent and experience there.
If I've heard correct, they've got 2 or 3 D-1 prospects also??
Memorial Gym #5 Wrote:How good will Jeremy Congleton be for Breathitt Co.? Will coach Noble's nephew, Nick be a good guard for Breathitt Co.? Just curious, Thanks!
jeremy congleton will be good at the center position and i think that nick has the possibility to be one of the best point guards in the mountains
bobcatlunatik Wrote:jeremy congleton will be good at the center position and i think that nick has the possibility to be one of the best point guards in the mountains

Thanks for the info, bobcatlunatik!!
TheRealVille Wrote:If I've heard correct, they've got 2 or 3 D-1 prospects also??
yes, they have 3 players better than anyone on this list, but the post said best players in the 13th, 14th, and 15th....and eliott is in the 16th, ethan faulkner is going to northern kentucky, evan faulkner is going to radford, and ferguson is undecided but is getting big D1 looks i have heard
Elisha Justice #1 point guard in my opinion