Poll: Can a true UK fan also like Louisville?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
37.31%
No
62.69%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can a true UK fan like Louisville?
Louisville should be annexed by Indiana. Get the whole city out of Kentucky. This is the BLUEgrass State!

Get it!?!
I bleed BLUE all the way!!! No others!! I hate Louisville!!!
DevilsWin Wrote:Louisville should be annexed by Indiana. Get the whole city out of Kentucky. This is the BLUEgrass State!

Get it!?!

Haha..that is great. I totally agree!!!!!
I'm going to go the other way and say you can like the Ville. This is because they are still a Kentucky team and have been a great rival for UK for some time now (excluding the fourty plus years we didn't play each other in football or basketball) and when you think about it, who would you rather have as a rival, EKU, WKU, Marshall? They are the only team in Kentucky that is of our caliber and when you think about it, we need them. Napolean had Weddington, Patton had Rommel, Obama had McCain, UNC has Duke, so we should have Louisville. Its a rivalry but I'll root for them in the tourney (unless they play UK of course) just because they are a Kentucky team.
you cant be on both sides of a rivalry
Cant stand UK never will, But i always root for Landon Slone though.
No WAY U CAN ROOT FOR L_VILLE UK ALL THE WAY . I HATE L-VILLE LIKE I HATE NC AND DUKE. U CANT ROOT FOR UK FOOTBALL AND L-VILLE BASKETBALL MOST STUPID THING I EVER HEARD OF!
Hillbilly18 Wrote:No WAY U CAN ROOT FOR L_VILLE UK ALL THE WAY . I HATE L-VILLE LIKE I HATE NC AND DUKE. U CANT ROOT FOR UK FOOTBALL AND L-VILLE BASKETBALL MOST STUPID THING I EVER HEARD OF!

Well someone saying "most stupid" is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Learn some grammarSmile .
NO!
i think its fine. i love UK football, cant stand Louisville football, and i love Louisville basketball and hate uk. but you can look at it this way too. i am a perry central fan and whenever they hate hazard i cant stand the bulldogs, but i hope hazard makes it to the carpet and wins it and makes a good showing for the mountains like louisville or uk could make a good showing for kentucky
Im a fan of Rick Pitino, but I hate Louisville, Cats anyday.
:dontthink NO Big Grin
I hate Louisville all the time no exceptions, and Pitino going there didn't help the case any. So my answer is no you can't like Louisville if you are a true Kentucky fan.
I say yes, i want to support other ky teams that excel in sports at the college level. But in no cercumstance can a UK fan support DUKE or NORTH CAROLINA, that is just how it is. That is the ultimate sin in my eyes.
I love UK and hate Loserville. The only time I will remotely root for louisville football is when they play someone I hate even more.
I root for UK when head to head with Louisiville but any other time I like to see UofL do well
Why would any UK fan want for Louisville to do good in any sport? This amazes me. It's like a UNC fan wishing Duke well or a Red Sox fan wishing the Yankees well. It's a rivarly people! UK and Louisville is a rivalry and if you're a fan of one i dont see how you can be a fan of the other as well. I BLEED BLUE!
NOOOOOO!!!!!!! I would rather be cut up and feed to rabid cardnials then were a louisville jersey. Yuk!
A TRUE UK fan will gladly pull for UL anytime they play anyone aside from Kentucky.....

.... only if a UL win makes UK look better!

If a UL win hurts UK in any way, whether it be ranking, recruiting, strength of schedule, etc... then I hope UL loses by a hundred!
No true Blue fan can root for Louisville...It is the biggest non conference rival in bball...You either love UK or love Louisville if you are true fans...thats just the way it is
dore20 Wrote:Hate if you want i dont reeally care. Im blue during the fall and red after that. Ive always gone to uk football games and just grew up loving the team. But once ball season hit i put on the red and black. I mean you hardcore uk fans can hate all you want because ill enjoy football with you, and laugh at you when we run you off the court (Ville are alot better then VMI)

How about them Western Kentucky Hill toppers and those Minnesota Golden Gophers.
dore20 Wrote:Hate if you want i dont reeally care. Im blue during the fall and red after that. Ive always gone to uk football games and just grew up loving the team. But once ball season hit i put on the red and black. I mean you hardcore uk fans can hate all you want because ill enjoy football with you, and laugh at you when we run you off the court (Ville are alot better then VMI)
I wouldn't brag to much tubby just beat em
I wouldn't brag to much tubby just beat em
ballcrazy Wrote:UK fans are just as bad as LOUISVILLE fans , i'm here in eastern ky and i get sick of UK fans talk about how many championships they won.MY cousin played for the UK womans team in the late 70's , D.ODEN . WHOis also married to LAVON WILLIAMS a former UK WILDCAT.
and............
I'm a Michigan State Fan, die for my team. I hate Michigan Wolverines, Duke, and Kentucky. I don't see a Kentucky fan liking Louisville to thats like me wearing a state shirt the first half and a michigan shirt the second half wouldn't work out.
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal
Cardinals All the way I mean Samardo Samuels, Terrence Williams, Earl Clark, Sosa, Smith, Knowles, McGee, Swopshire, that is 8 scorers and not 2 they have no chance
You have to hate Suckytucky if you are a Louisville Fan (aka the best team in college basketball) Cards by 13
Cardfan09 Wrote:You have to hate Suckytucky if you are a Louisville Fan (aka the best team in college basketball) Cards by 13

U sure there the best team? I heard some WKU and Minnesota fans tlking the other day, and they beg to differ lol... And before u mention VMI, I would like to point out that thats only 1 embarassing loss compared to your two. I mean minnesota isnt that bad, but when ur ranked, u gotta win those games. And the WKU game? No comment.
And Gardner Webb was last season, so dont mention that either.
15th region slamdunk Wrote:U sure there the best team? I heard some WKU and Minnesota fans tlking the other day, and they beg to differ lol... And before u mention VMI, I would like to point out that thats only 1 embarassing loss compared to your two. I mean minnesota isnt that bad, but when ur ranked, u gotta win those games. And the WKU game? No comment.
And Gardner Webb was last season, so dont mention that either.

Add UNLV to that
I think someone might've already said this, but being a true-blue fan, I think its in my blood to hate lville. ;]