Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What does Russell have that Belfry Does not??
I don't think you can argue against either coach. In my mind its a wash. But yes Ivan does have a few wins in WV that for some reason don't seem to count over here. If you won over 300 games it doesn't really matter what state they were all in.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Belfry has the coach who is ahead of him in all-time wins. No game-set-match, we play into overtime..... Big Grin

Ivan :rockon: :rockon: wins the overtime because of the coolness of his name.Big Grin

No knock on coach Haywood he is a fantastic coach I hope he get's his first 3A title this year.
Midee1 Wrote:How many total?

Both coaches have a tremendous record.

Prior to 2008:
In 33 seasons, Haywoods record was 306-109 (74%)
In 36 seasons, McGlones record was 304-140 (69%)

2008 records so far; Belfry 13-0, Russell 7-5

To date:
In 34 seasons, Haywoods record is 319-109 (75%)
In 37 seasons, McGlones record is 311-145 (68%)

McGlone's record in WV was 28-20-3. I included the wins and losses, but not the 3 ties above.
Good stats Buc u roo.

I wish we could see a year by year schedule of each coach. I would dare say Ivan has played a tougher schedule year in and year out.
kybaseball Wrote:Good stats Buc u roo.

I wish we could see a year by year schedule of each coach. I would dare say Ivan has played a tougher schedule year in and year out.

I would say, just like everything else with these programs, that the schedules would be nearly identical in terms of difficulty.
RUSSELL has one less 2a state championship than BELFRY..lol
Belfry Wins Wrote:Basketball practice? lol sorry couldn't resist the jab. But thanks for the support.
Devilologist I'm sorry for that remark but that was a good comeback.
75% - 68%

If you give Russell a slight edge in schedule, they catch up, but based on the numbers, well....
Well we can throw the Texas/Oklahoma argument in here.

Head to head Russell leads the series with Belfry 12-9
FBALL Wrote:Well we can throw the Texas/Oklahoma argument in here.

Head to head Russell leads the series with Belfry 12-9

Texas/Oklahoma you say?

42-0 two games ago.... Big Grin
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Texas/Oklahoma you say?

42-0 two games ago.... Big Grin
Yeah but you didn't beat West Carter as bad as we did.Smile
FBALL Wrote:Yeah but you didn't beat West Carter as bad as we did.Smile

Cantrall, Litkenhous, and all other computer rankings have us higher and that is the gospel that football teams must be judged by Big Grin
cuppett777 Wrote:RUSSELL has one less 2a state championship than BELFRY..lol

True but Russell has 1 more 3A championship.Big Grin
kybaseball Wrote:True but Russell has 1 more 3A championship.Big Grin
Yea, well we have more Runner-up trophies.:o Smile
Crossbones Wrote:Yea, well we have more Runner-up trophies.:o Smile

Russell has FBALL Devilologist,jgrubby and Midee1.:p:rockon: It's over the large person has just sung.
Smile Smile I meet them in 06 when Russel came to Belfry. I played against FBALL in 86. Dang, I'm getting old.:Sad04:I felt like a little boy beside them anyway, so your point is taken.Big Grin
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Cantrall, Litkenhous, and all other computer rankings have us higher and that is the gospel that football teams must be judged by Big Grin
It didn't take a computer to tell who had the better team this year. :p

In the history of these two schools though the results have been just about even. I think fans of both schools should just consider themselves blessed.
kybaseball Wrote:Russell has FBALL Devilologist,jgrubby and Midee1.:p:rockon: It's over the large person has just sung.
OK.

Its over.

Belfry wins on that one.:igiveup:
Crossbones Wrote:Smile Smile I meet them in 06 when Russel came to Belfry. I played against FBALL in 86. Dang, I'm getting old.:Sad04:I felt like a little boy beside them anyway, so your point is taken.Big Grin

I know the feeling. I'm gettin old too.

I played in the turkey bowl up here Thanksgiving morning and I'm just now starting to lose the soreness.
I won't even play. Too brittle.
Crossbones Wrote:I won't even play. Too brittle.
So am I. I'm just to stubborn to give up.
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:A 3A State Championship !!!!
Russell also has a 2A Championship.....LOL !!!!!
Belfry may have the chance this year to place one in the trophy case.. I hope that they do.
I wish Belfry the best this year and I would love to see them smack Central in the nose and not let up!!!!!!!!!

I was going to say a grass field.LOL
DevilsWin Wrote:Hot Chicks!

You've obviously haven't looked at Belfry to well then. :lmao:
I was going to say 5 losses. Is that wrong?
a few more weeks for basketball practice
So the fire breathing scoreboard cooks foul now? Have that thing spittin' out KFC on touchdowns and Russell will pull ahead in this, but for now I think it's close enough that, aw, who am I kiddin', I'd have posted this an hour ago but I couldn't stop laughing at the "basketball practice" joke Tongue

Seriously though, if the scoreboard spits out fire AND KFC, then it would do a lot for your lineman recruiting efforts Tongue
FBALL Wrote:I think fans of both schools should just consider themselves blessed.

Ditto, and in the wake of the loss of our rivalry with Prestonsburg, having a playoff game against the Devils to look forward to, and the friendly rivalry along with it, has been a wonderful change to our postseason.

If it makes you feel any better, Russell is the only other 3A team most of us could stomach watching in Louisville :devilflam

TongueirateSho
Sarrr Wrote:Ditto, and in the wake of the loss of our rivalry with Prestonsburg, having a playoff game against the Devils to look forward to, and the friendly rivalry along with it, has been a wonderful change to our postseason.

If it makes you feel any better, Russell is the only other 3A team most of us could stomach watching in Louisville :devilflam

It doesn't really make me feel much better but I appreciate the sentiment.

I love the Russell/Belfry rivalry going back to the 70s and 80s when they were in the same district.

By the way. Recruiting, even with fried chicken, is illegal.Big Grin
FBALL Wrote:It doesn't really make me feel much better but I appreciate the sentiment.

I love the Russell/Belfry rivalry going back to the 70s and 80s when they were in the same district.

By the way. Recruiting, even with fried chicken, is illegal.Big Grin

Recruiting is like riding a moped......

It's fun until you get caught doing it.