Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands 35 Johnson Central 21
too many turnovers
Central moved the ball at will tonight on Highlands, but like you said, too many turnovers to win against a team of the magnitude of Highlands.
Cant make mistakes against highlands. They will capitalize. Sorry JC, you have nothing to hang your heads about. Matney needs to generate a tougher regular season next year.
Congrats highlands Great season JC u have not to hang your heads about GREAT SEASON
Congrats JC on a great season
Golden Eagles played every team tough all year and provided some great highlights. Time to relax a bit and get your mind set on the weights.
I am a JC fan and I am proud of the Eagles. We are knocking at the door, but need to tune up some areas to win the title. Is this as close as any KY team has played HHS?

We made several key mistakes, but we got beat by the Class of the Class, no excuses. HHS is as talented and good as advertised.
MonsterMan Wrote:I am a JC fan and I am proud of the Eagles. We are knocking at the door, but need to tune up some areas to win the title. Is this as close as any KY team has played HHS?

We made several key mistakes, but we got beat by the Class of the Class, no excuses. HHS is as talented and good as advertised.
no
Honestly, I didn't expect Johnson Central to fight as much as they did. By the end of the first half, it was tied 7 to 7. I believe Johnson Central lost mostly because of mental mistakes. (Three passing touchdowns where nobody was covering the receiver.)
IISnakE Wrote:no

I am aware of the BS game and it was closer, I should have said in the regular season.
Like has been said before, it was a close game until the 3rd qtr. After some unfortunate turnovers HHS was on top 35-14. JC just could never get it back under control. It was a great game though, JC has nothing to hang their heads over.
Regardless of the spread JC proved that they had the talent to play and Highlands showed there experience in these high stakes games. Its going to be an interesting finish to this year. Highlands again showed that they are human and can get hurt just like every other team. As Deathstar pointed out JC was a little nerve racked and it was the factor.
Pretty good game untill the mistakes but i was shocked to see the eagles keep fighting and fighting... Highlands just had more debth overall... Jc's man to man pass coverage wasn't up to par to go up aginst the bluebirds' offence.. I've followed the eagles all year and they have had a great season..
Sounds like a great game...congrats Bluebirds and great season JC.

HHS wins state...
The teams traded TD's basically, with JC pounding it up the field at will and Highlands scoring about anyway they wished. However, when it came time for JC to answer at 21-14, they were moving the ball well and then the key play of the game was the TO that was returned for a TD by Highlands. That put HHS up 28-14 and that was the game. The Eagles hung in there, didn't give up, but in a game this close, that was all the break the Bluebirds needed. Game over. I was thinking all along that whichever team made THE MISTAKE first would lose and they did.

Of note, I won't say it is impossible to win state with a 100% run offense, but it wouldn't hurt the Eagles to have more of a passing game. But the big key was the lack of pass coverage by the JC Defense. Also, there were many plays where the Highlands QB had all day to the throw the ball. Absolutely no pressure on the QB at all.

Good luck Highlands!!
EKY Sportster Wrote:However, when it came time for JC to answer at 21-14, they were moving the ball well and then the key play of the game was the TO that was returned for a TD by Highlands.

You gotta love to see the big guys take one back...Not often does a 6 2, 240 defensive tackle go 70 yards.
Congrats Highlands
EKY Sportster Wrote:The teams traded TD's basically, with JC pounding it up the field at will and Highlands scoring about anyway they wished. However, when it came time for JC to answer at 21-14, they were moving the ball well and then the key play of the game was the TO that was returned for a TD by Highlands. That put HHS up 28-14 and that was the game. The Eagles hung in there, didn't give up, but in a game this close, that was all the break the Bluebirds needed. Game over. I was thinking all along that whichever team made THE MISTAKE first would lose and they did.

Of note, I won't say it is impossible to win state with a 100% run offense, but it wouldn't hurt the Eagles to have more of a passing game. But the big key was the lack of pass coverage by the JC Defense. Also, there were many plays where the Highlands QB had all day to the throw the ball. Absolutely no pressure on the QB at all.

Good luck Highlands!!
i was listening to this game while watching belfry to me thats where the game turned when they was about to score again then the guy got the ball somehow and ran the td..great year eagles..
MonsterMan Wrote:I am a JC fan and I am proud of the Eagles. We are knocking at the door, but need to tune up some areas to win the title. Is this as close as any KY team has played HHS?

Just got back from the game. Great game, glad I made the drive. JC had a impressive running game and are Knocking on the door if they fix a few areas. Need to work on pass defense, and need some passing game. JC also looked a little nervous going into the 4th quarter. I think if you increase the strength of your schedule it would help in the playoffs agianst the stronger teams. Do you lose many players from this team? Keep up the hard work and hopefully we see you up at our place next year!
Wanted to see another JC win. Congrats to Richardson for Player of the week.
Blau Vogel Wrote:You gotta love to see the big guys take one back...Not often does a 6 2, 240 defensive tackle go 70 yards.

Then kick the extra point and then kick off.:Thumbs:

Cody Rosenhagen did it all tonight.
Congrats to both teams, Highlands and Johnson Central are two of the tougher teams in the state!! Bet it was a great game to watch no matter what the outcome was!! Just loads of talent on both sides of the ball for both teams!! Highlands, good luck vs Whitley next week, even though I will be cheering for Whitley Co.!! lol
Johnson Central has a very good football team and an exceptional football atmosphere. They have a beautiful facility and really know how to put on a great show. Fireworks, cannon, and music and eagle sounds for every occasion. Congrats on a great season for the eagles. You have certainly become the team of the mountains in my book.
Turnovers this late in the season will definitely damage your chances at a win. Especially against Highlands.
Elm street Wrote:Cant make mistakes against highlands. They will capitalize. Sorry JC, you have nothing to hang your heads about. Matney needs to generate a tougher regular season next year.

I agree 100% JC need to play better teams there own size in 5a.
Johnson Central And Sheldon Clark Guess What....

It Wrestlin! Season Now!!!!! See Ya
Good season JC, Congrats Highlands.
tradition Wrote:Johnson Central has a very good football team and an exceptional football atmosphere. They have a beautiful facility and really know how to put on a great show. Fireworks, cannon, and music and eagle sounds for every occasion. Congrats on a great season for the eagles. You have certainly become the team of the mountains in my book.

I agree with everything except the music is a little overboard and gets old. what happened to singing My Old Ky Home before the game, was looking forward to it. Hope you guys can come up to our place next year.
tradition Wrote:Johnson Central has a very good football team and an exceptional football atmosphere. They have a beautiful facility and really know how to put on a great show. Fireworks, cannon, and music and eagle sounds for every occasion. Congrats on a great season for the eagles. You have certainly become the team of the mountains in my book.

jc is good but how can you say that when they lost to belfry?

cuppett777 Wrote:jc is good but how can you say that when they lost to belfry?

I said "in my book" which is just my opinion. Obviously not yours.