Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LCA 27 Raceland 20
Final Congrats LCA Raceland Great season
You have to play like you need to score every play. Being too conservative cost Raceland tonight.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
jgrubby Wrote:You have to play like you need to score every play. Being too conservative cost Raceland tonight.

you are absolutely right on that jgrubby. great season though Rams.. Good luck to all of the seniors in your future endeavors
Pretty sick game. You can't be too loose with LCA.
& you can't let the quarterback practice track after the center snaps the ball. Raceland should have sent someone who is fast enough to contain him ,the guards & tackles just are not quick enough. I know someone had to cover the receivers but if someone would have gotten to him there would be no need for pass protection on that particular play.

The game turned when Raceland went up 20-3 and the Raceland PA announcer didn't cover the mic and announced to the entire crowd that LCA should "Pack it up and head back to Lexington".

After that it was all LCA.

Good job eagles.
Raceland did choke this game away though. Somebody tell the Raceland cornors to stay with the recievers when the QB scrambles.

Witt was awsome.
Wow...did not see this one coming.

Congrats LCA...goodluck next week. Great season Rams.
Raceland apparently got the big head from the sounds of it and it costed them.
bac2369 Wrote:Raceland apparently got the big head from the sounds of it and it costed them.
Yep.

Then they got conservative and that cost them more.
FBALL Wrote:Karma

The game turned when Raceland went up 20-3 and the Raceland PA announcer didn't cover the mic and announced to the entire crowd that LCA should "Pack it up and head back to Lexington".

Good job eagles.

Wow. Don't ever let that guy have a mic in front of him at a school function again.
That is a very disrespectful to say. All i can say is he motivated LCA enough to come back and win the game. So i can blame the announcer then the kids for quiting. I was hoping for a Raceland vs Hazard match up.
got this one right.

Good job eagles.

That had to be a shot of adrenaline for LCA. Talk about egg all over the face. And not a chicken egg. A goose egg.

Congratulations to Raceland on a great season.

Congratulations to LCA on a great come from behind win.
Raceland took the chance all season long on 4th downs and got the 1st down most of the time, then on an important game with inches,,, punts 20 yards...I dont get it..and as far as the announcer...idiot!!!!!
As an LCA fan I would like to say that Raceland has a fine bunch of young men on their team and I truly wish their seniors much success. Classy bunch!!!

As for the announcer............. he did not impress me much!!!
1st down, Whoop Whoop...say it FBALL!
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
fball dont have to hear about raceland anymore does he..
Look at the bright side, neither do we, from him.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
For those that kept trying to compare raceland to Belfry. STOP They do not even come close.
I still think Raceland had a team capable of at least making it into the state game . Things just didn't come together like they have to for it to come true. Great effort from the players this yr.
tampabaybucs Wrote:Raceland took the chance all season long on 4th downs and got the 1st down most of the time, then on an important game with inches,,, punts 20 yards...I dont get it..and as far as the announcer...idiot!!!!!
Yeah. Deep in your own territory though its hard to blame them. But the way LCA was moving the ball I think they should have gone for it as well.

Agree on the announcer.
jgrubby Wrote:1st down, Whoop Whoop...say it FBALL!
I hate you.
Jeepman Wrote:For those that kept trying to compare raceland to Belfry. STOP They do not even come close.
Actually I think they are pretty comparable.

Difference being Belfry has more speed in the front seven.
Tough loss for Raceland.I was hoping at least one local team would make it to the state finals. Congrats on a great season.
FBALL Wrote:Actually I think they are pretty comparable.

Difference being Belfry has more speed in the front seven.

When Raceland wins one State Championship I think then and then only can they be compared with Belfry. That is what I was refering to.

Good job eagles.
Did this really happen?
I knew Raceland wouldn't make it to the semi's this year. They didn;t have the home town ref. to help them this game. LCA should have beat them in the first game.
EastKyMiner Wrote:Did this really happen?
Yes.

I was standing with a buddy of mine and when Denton scored on a long run to make it 20-3 he said that. It was not as loud as a normal announcement. It was obvious he was celebrating and I think just tried to cover the mic with his hand. But the words did come through. I heard it with my own ears.
FBALL Wrote:Yes.

I was staning with a buddy of mine and when Denton scored on a long run to make it 20-3 he said that. It was not as loud as a normal announcement. It was obvious he was celebrating and I think just tried to cover the mic with his hand. But the words did come through. I heard it with my own ears.
What did the fans do?