Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Sheldon Clark Cardinals
18.18%
Belfry Pirates
81.82%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Clark @ Belfry (3A 3rd Round)
ukcatfan88 Wrote:OK. I've been reading this site for a while, heard the radio guys mention it, and feel I can add something to this conversation. First off, I'm a BHS grad, 1984. I've watched most of the games this year. Here's what I can add....I know for a fact SC will run at least one trick play in the first quarter. They always do. Hager feels he needs to try and get momentum and is not above a halfback pass or flea-flicker to get it. Why do you think SC waited until the Belfry game to play on their new turf?? That was a calculated ploy by Hager to push his guys. He will never outcoach Haywood and this year he just doesn't have the talent to stay in there. Pure and simple. Also, looking at the latest Rating The State in the Herald-Leader, Belfry is about 20 points higher than SC. What's that mean? Last week, Belfry was 19 points higher than Russell, and Russell was higher than SC. It means BHS will, if they don't get cocky and play their own game, defeat SC by at least 20 points. My guess is 42-14, and 28-0 at half.

what do you mean waited to play on their turf... they had 2 home games before Belfry.. Magoffin and Rowan.. i don't know how that would be an disadvantage to Belfry.. they always play on turf so.. don't really know what your trying to get at.. Rankings mean nothing.. our boys will leave everything on the field.. and the chips will fall as they may....Good luck to the Cards.. and hope both sides come away with no injuries.
ukcatfan88 Wrote:OK. I've been reading this site for a while, heard the radio guys mention it, and feel I can add something to this conversation. First off, I'm a BHS grad, 1984. I've watched most of the games this year. Here's what I can add....I know for a fact SC will run at least one trick play in the first quarter. They always do. Hager feels he needs to try and get momentum and is not above a halfback pass or flea-flicker to get it. Why do you think SC waited until the Belfry game to play on their new turf?? That was a calculated ploy by Hager to push his guys. He will never outcoach Haywood and this year he just doesn't have the talent to stay in there. Pure and simple. Also, looking at the latest Rating The State in the Herald-Leader, Belfry is about 20 points higher than SC. What's that mean? Last week, Belfry was 19 points higher than Russell, and Russell was higher than SC. It means BHS will, if they don't get cocky and play their own game, defeat SC by at least 20 points. My guess is 42-14, and 28-0 at half.

Sc had a few games on the turf before they played belfry, it wasn't a plot by Hager the state red flagged the construction of it. So get your facts straight.
I am going to go out on a limb here and make a prediction that this will not be that close of a game and take BELFRY by at least 4 TD's.
Tomorrow night the Teacher takes the Student to "school" once again. :thumpsup:

Sheldon Clark has had a great year but Coach Haywood has his Pirates playing at a level that the Cardinals just can't reach.

Belfry wins this one big. Well by as much as Coach Haywood wants them to until he puts in his subs.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and we'll see you tomorrow night at the CAM.

Belfry: 55

Sheldon Clark: 12

LET'S GO BIG RED!!!!:flame: :flame: :flame:
schs_06 Wrote:Yea I think he is just making fun of me and the other SC fans.

They should after you said something like that
king360 Wrote:They should after you said something like that

What did I say.
dblg11 Wrote:Because SC's fans are ridiculous. They make it out like they are the best team ever. News flash, Belfry stomped SC once already this season and will do it again. I just don't see anything different in this game; except that maybe Belfry is stronger and even more dominant than they were when they played SC before. O well, i guess one blowout isn't enough for SC fans to realize that their team isn't the greatest ever. This Friday the pirates will shut up the Cards for good, well, at least for this season.:o

Name one person on this thead that has made SC to be the greatest team this yea. We all take up for our teams.
cuppett777 Wrote:schs 06- sorry if u think i was putting you or the fans or the school down,because i am not, i was saying to an earlier post that said belfry would only score 22 and sc would score more thats when i said it would be a big turn around and then said they wouldnt beat them friday night..have a great thanksgiving and a safe trip to the CAM..

Wish i could make the game but I am in Afghanistan so I cant. Wish I could.
you have a safe trip and have a great Thanksgiving
This will be a good game. If Belfry comes out ready to play, there's no doubt that we can win. Sheldon Clark has a good team though.
Belfry by 2 tds:rockon:
schs_06 Wrote:Name one person on this thead that has made SC to be the greatest team this yea. We all take up for our teams.
Practically everyone that has posted. SC fans don't directly say that they are the best but it's obvious that they mean it that way. I could care less who wins, it just drives everyone nuts that SC fans just can't let their team have a successful season as regional runners-up. Just quit making your team out like they are able to beat the pirates because they have no chance at all.Wink
joethegreek Wrote:Is it going to be cold or something Friday ?

Daytime high: 53
Nighttime Low: 41

Heatwave compared to last week!!!

No excuse for the CAM to have empty seats tomorrow night!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I personally think that it is not SC fans that are talking smack. It seems to me that the Pirate fans are the ones running their mouths. Belfry seems too sure of themselves. That is not a good thing to do but it might be to SC advantage. If SC comes to play I think Belfry will be shocked. But, we will all see tomorrow night. Good Luck to the Cards.
I sincerily congratulate the Cards on earning your trip to the CAM for the Regional Title again. I personally know Coach Hager and he is a great guy. The Cards are playing really well and really suprised Mason County last week. But, I honestly cannot see The Cards hanging around in this game unless Belfry comes out flat. Coach Haywood and the coaching staff will have the boys ready and focused this week. Sheldon Clark is a team on the rise and I look foward to seeing many, many more Belfry\SC games, but The Pirates win this one in a BIG way tomorrow night.

Belfry and their fans have much respect for any team we play. We welcome each of you to Belfry tomorrow night, have a safe trip and we'll see you then.

Go Pirates !
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I think BELFRY... wait.. i know that belfry will win because they aren't as cocky as sheldon clark... there was no sense in talking about our field. But sheldon clark needs to come prepared beacuse they are coming to death valley!!!

THE ROAD TO STATE RUNS THROUGH BELFRY!!!!
u need to c what they put on the end of the film... from what ive heard they are the ones talking smack
I think that our senoirs are going to step up their game. they have it in their hearts. They want this.

Go Charlie <3
Andrew <3
Casey <3
Randy <3
Pork <3
IVAN
tyler
Cory
Gary
cullop
mouse!!!
the pirates arent talking smack,but they can and have proven to sc that they got the game to back it up,there not cocky,its just a way of life for the pirates,when they was kids they seen the older guys winning all the time they want to do it to,and only helps when you got classy coaches that knows about winning..go pirates
Pirate Person Wrote:I think that our senoirs are going to step up their game. they have it in their hearts. They want this.

Go Charlie <3
Andrew <3
Casey <3
Randy <3
Pork <3
IVAN
tyler
Cory
Gary
cullop
mouse!!!

you forgot John D lol
I am tired of reading posts belittling SC fans. Yes, some of them post predictions that are a little ridiculous, but we believe in our team. Everyone thinks their team is the best, and of course, most fans are going to be prejudice and always select their team to win, even if in reality, it is a long shot. I am one SC fan that knows that our boys are going to have to play like they have never played before. Any given team on any given night can win a football game. I believe in them, and I hope they pull it off. But for you all to say that our fans are ridiculous is unfair. We love our boys, and we want them to know that we think they are a great team. So please, post predictions about the game, and do not belittle each teams' fans. This site would not exist if fans did not post things about their favorite teams, no matter how outrageous they are.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I feel your pain some of those Belfry fans can be brutal.Big Grin But a person has to give their team credit they are Bad to Bone.:thumpsup:
They also have tons of first class fans too.:thumpsup:
BatCat11 Wrote:Sc had a few games on the turf before they played belfry, it wasn't a plot by Hager the state red flagged the construction of it. So get your facts straight.

OK. Then the radio guys were wrong in saying that because that's where I heard that factoid. I don't remember the exact quote but it was something to the tune of SC opening their new stadium with new turf and Belfry as the opponent. :dontthink Someone else on here mistook what I said as it being a disadvantage to Belfry playing on turf. Huh? I didn't say that. So get your facts straight before you try and correct me. The only fact that will matter after Friday night is SC will go home a loser. Again.
*SC*Cards*FaNaTiC* Wrote:I am tired of reading posts belittling SC fans.

I'm sorry... I just don't see any of that. I know you read my post and it does not belittle SC or its fans. Believe me, our fans have class and would'nt belittle anyone. Just because someone has a username containing "BELFRY or PIRATE" does not mean they are from Belfry or a fan of...

It's an open board and any username can be created as long as it does not include profanity, advertisements.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sheldon Clark 14
Belfry 48
its finally friday,now we put put to rest all this whinning....go pirates..
Will be rooting for SC. But, they have a big hill to climb. Good Luck SC.
Friday is finally here!
Go Pirates!

joethegreek-check your PM's!
ukcatfan88 Wrote:OK. Then the radio guys were wrong in saying that because that's where I heard that factoid. I don't remember the exact quote but it was something to the tune of SC opening their new stadium with new turf and Belfry as the opponent. :dontthink Someone else on here mistook what I said as it being a disadvantage to Belfry playing on turf. Huh? I didn't say that. So get your facts straight before you try and correct me. The only fact that will matter after Friday night is SC will go home a loser. Again.

The field has already been played on, but I think that was the first game the new lights were working.
sc dont have a hill to climb they got a HIMALAIAN MOUTAIN to cross to beat the PIRATES...
ukcatfan88 Wrote:OK. Then the radio guys were wrong in saying that because that's where I heard that factoid. I don't remember the exact quote but it was something to the tune of SC opening their new stadium with new turf and Belfry as the opponent. :dontthink Someone else on here mistook what I said as it being a disadvantage to Belfry playing on turf. Huh? I didn't say that. So get your facts straight before you try and correct me. The only fact that will matter after Friday night is SC will go home a loser. Again.

The only thing the radio guys said was that it was the first night game. They finally got the new lights up, but they had played two day games on Saturday afternoons before the first night game.
  •  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next