Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Sheldon Clark Cardinals
18.18%
Belfry Pirates
81.82%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Clark @ Belfry (3A 3rd Round)
Lol. Please don't beat me up Friday. I am begging for mercy
footballcrazy08 Wrote:Haha, not quite. More like a foot and a half shorter and 200 pounds lighter.

It actually wasn't me this time... WAIT... All I do is make sure you get your potato soup brought to you!!! LOL.... Did bucsvoice95 tell you had you a bowl and he had already brought you one so he ate the other??? I bet he didn't!!!! Confusedhh:

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Bucslover brought me some soup. I ate it . It was very tasty. He later confessed to me that someone made me a bowl which was a larger one than he brought me . He then went on to tell me that I had mine and that he took the bigger bowl.
I will be at tailgate this week unless my dad gets sicker
Lol. I asked Coach Haywood in front of Bobby when he plans on kicking deep. Lol
joethegreek Wrote:Bucslover brought me some soup. I ate it . It was very tasty. He later confessed to me that someone made me a bowl which was a larger one than he brought me . He then went on to tell me that I had mine and that he took the bigger bowl.

Well, at least he didn't tell a lie!!! LOL... I did fix you a big bowl and he said he had already taken you some... He then proceeded to take the one I fixed and enjoy it!!! LOL.... You gotta love him!!

I will try to hold back my super human strength. But it will probably be froze anyways.
Lol he confessed his doing to me earlier on the phone. I will get my own bowl this week
Is it going to be cold or something Friday ?
Na.... 08 it's supposed to be about 5 degrees warmer... HEATWAVE!!!!!

LMAO

phs1986 Wrote:I could actually go back to the thread when the 2 played earlier in the year and SC fans were the ones who was talking all the smack. There are QUITE a few of them on here... Just none of them posting.

As far as respecting Coach Haywood and the program, that is very much appreciated. BUT, on the other hand, please note that the boys at SC are not being downed. These are all young men we are talking about (both Belfry and SC) and they DO work hard all season long to obtain the goals they have reached. It's just a "friendly" rivalry between 2 schools in the playoffs.... No harm intended on SC boys or their coaches!!

There's nothing "friendly" about some of these post. SC fans talked smack, they did not make fun of anyone. You would think they would get a little bit of respect, afterall, you did think you would be playing Mason County this week.
we got em. My name is aaron i play for BHS #48...and i think that we have got them again coach haywood is pushing us to the limit...
ryandamaste5 Wrote:I just wonder if Cardinals like crow?

Did Johnson Central?
footballcrazy08 Wrote:Haha, not quite. More like a foot and a half shorter and 200 pounds lighter.

That's the most Joe has talked to a girl since he proposed to his wife.Wink
bucslover68 Wrote:That's the most Joe has talked to a girl since he proposed to his wife.Wink
Haha does that song there is about to be a girl fight come to mind when you hear them arguing haha? BTW I igot 50 dollars on footballcrazy 08 and 25 on Belfry against SC, any takers haha?
35-14 Belfry
Entering this game I know Belfry has the better team and I'm confident of that. But the players can't think that for a second. I was a part of the 1998 football team and everytime we play SC in the playoffs I can't get that game out of my mind. The JC game this year also reminded me of that game. When watching the film the coaches showed us Sheldon Clarks last game and the game we played them earlier and it was very obvious that was a different and much improved team and the coaches reminded us of that every second of everyday. But we never let it sink in and they came out and took it to us.
So take it from me any players who reads this never take anything for granted in the playoffs. You got a guy on your coaching staff who quarterbacked that squad and willt ell you the same thing. Sheldon Clark will not come and lay down for Belfry just because of who Belfry is, they want to beat them. Now they don't match up with Belfry on the line at all and I feel that if Belfry plays ball and takes care of business they will be fine.
Hail Mary Wrote:There's nothing "friendly" about some of these post. SC fans talked smack, they did not make fun of anyone. You would think they would get a little bit of respect, afterall, you did think you would be playing Mason County this week.

I went back through the posts and have not seen one child or PLAYER being named or being made fun of. Where are you getting that they are?

As far as Belfry looking forward to playing Mason County this week.... That is something that you are NOT correct about. Belfry didn't look past the Russell game. That one had to be won before they could come out and play this week. SC was fortunate enough to hold on and get a victory (BTW, Congrats) and therefore earned the right JUST as Belfry did to advance in the playoffs. Both teams have made it this far and advanced because of hard work and dedication by both the players and coaching staff's of their respective teams.

So... LEAVE it at that and I will tell you that I personally will delete any post that makes mention of a player from SC in a derogatory way. Although, I can name 2 that WERE named in the previous thread and talked down about from Belfry. THAT also will be watched. Anyone on here will tell you that I, myself don't tolerate a child being bashed. Be it where ever they are from!!!!

joethegreek Wrote:One thing about this game on Friday , Charlie Dotson on offense could be the X factor. Remember the last time it was the Ivan Lee show. Charlie always has good games in big games
I think Dotson is the best football player on that team. He may not be the biggest, strongest, fastest etc..... but he knows how to play the game.

By the way, I know you were kidding.

Still wasn't funny.:devilflam
belfry in this one BIG!!! Go pirates!!!!

belfry-42
sheldon clark-7
FBALL Wrote:I think Dotson is the best football player on that team. He may not be the biggest, strongest, fastest etc..... but he knows how to play the game.

By the way, I know you were kidding.

Still wasn't funny.:devilflam

Quite possibly the most underrated defensive player in the state. He is like a heat seeking missile on defense and seems to be in on every play whether it is a tackle for loss or a pass play that is 30 yards down the field.

Offensively, as Joe Kinzer says, "He runs the football like every carry is his last".
He does I enjoy watching everybody play, but Charlie runs the ball like he will never get his number called again. You look at
Charlie he has 10 rushing touchdowns and probably 600 yards rushing . But one thing I like about the Belfry backs whoever doesn't touch the ball blocks good too. The blocking doesn't just come from up front it comes from everywhere.

We are going to see some hard running Friday from both sides of the ball, Lee, Varney, Dotson, Kelly and Slone
For Sheldon Clark to pull off the upset they must have ball security they had 5 turnovers in the first game, stay out of 3rd and long and control the football.

In the win over Mason they had the ball for over 32 minutes.

In 2005 when the Cards were huge underdogs against Leslie County they won that game by having a 10 minute and a 8 minute drive and they scored on both
I recieved word last night that Shawn Hager stated that he and his Cards wanted to play Belfry this week? If so, this is great! Handing someone a loss is so much sweeter when they are in denial. I believe this will be the MOST emotional game of the season. Go Pirates!!!
i think it will be a close game both teams will half to fight hard but im going with sheldon clark!
I hope that the Cards wanted to play Belfry this week since the Pirates were big favorites over Russell.
If Sheldon Clark can stay turnover free, force Belfry turnovers and stay out of 3rd and long it could be the Cards game to win.
joethegreek Wrote:If Sheldon Clark can stay turnover free, force Belfry turnovers and stay out of 3rd and long it could be the Cards game to win.

That's a WHOLE lotta "if"..
Haha, I know this isnt the same thing at all, but maybe a similar fate can happen to the Cardinals again, it's a good read atleast.

Quote:1998 Regional Finals: Sheldon Clark 16 Belfry 15
After Belfry defeated Sheldon Clark 42-22 in a game that was actually more lopsided than the score indicated, and after the Pirates defeated Bell County 14-13, it appeared the Pirates were on their way to a matchup with one of the greatest Ft. Thomas Highlands teams of all-time.

Sheldon Clark, fresh off an upset win vs. Pulaski Southwestern, came in with little to no chance by many. On a cold night the Cardinals utilized a ball control offense and a power running game to take an 8-0 lead. Belfry, not to be denied mustered up a last minute drive to tie the game and force overtime.

The Pirates got the ball first and quickly converted to take a 15-8 lead. SC now had the ball facing elimination after trailing for the first time in the game.

The Cards then stuck to their guns utilizing QB keepers by Harley Hammonds and strong running from Moe Spradlin. SC scored a touchdown on 4th and Goal from the 1 and then faced a decision. Go for one and force Double OT, or go for the win. Matney chose the glory.

The ball was handed off to Spradlin and the Pirate D rose to the occasion meeting him in the backfield with contact. But Spradlin would not be denied, churning his legs and crawling across the goalline. FINAL Sheldon Clark 16 Belfry 15.
joe "IF" is such a big word for a two letter word..and its belfry game to win or loose.they control what happens in this game..go pirates
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next